• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The sole reason I now support Israel

ronki23

There is no such country [as Palestine]! 'Palestine' is a term the Zionists invented! There is no Palestine in the Bible. Our country was for centuries part of Syria."
- Auni Bey Abdul-Hadi, a local Arab leader, to the Peel Commission, 1937

"Palestine was part of the Province of Syria... politically, the Arabs of Palestine were not independent in the sense of forming a separate political entity."
- The representative of the Arab Higher Committee to the United Nations submitted this in a statement to the General Assembly in May 1947

"It is common knowledge that Palestine is nothing but southern Syria."
- Ahmed Shuqeiri, later the chairman of the PLO, to the UN Security Council

"You do not represent Palestine as much as we do. Never forget this one point: There is no such thing as a Palestinian People, there is no Palestinian entity, there is only Syria. You are an integral part of the Syrian people, Palestine is an integral part of Syria. Therefore it is we, the Syrian authorities, who are the true representatives of the Palestinian people."
- Syrian President Hafez Assad to PLO leader Yassir Arafat.

"
Palestine has never existed... as an autonomous entity. There is no language known as Palestinian. There is no distinct Palestinian culture.... There has never been a land known as Palestine governed by Palestinians.... Palestinians are Arabs, indistinguishable from Jordanians (another recent invention), Syrians, Lebanese, Iraqis, etc.... Keep in mind that the Arabs control 99.9 percent of the Middle East lands. Israel represents one-tenth of one percent of the landmass. But that's too much for the Arabs. They want it all. And that is ultimately what the fighting in Israel is about today.... No matter how many land concessions the Israelis make, it will never be enough."
- from "Myths of the Middle East", Joseph Farah, Arab-American editor and journalist, WorldNetDaily.Com, 11 October 2000

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
The Mizrahi (Arab) Jews were kicked out of their home countries of Iraq, Libya, Egypt, Tunisia, Algeria, Morrocco, Yemen,etc. Where else were they supposed to go if not Israel?

The Muslims told the Palestinians to leave while they 'dealt' with the Jews. But the Muslims never accepted the Palestinians. The Muslims never gave them citizenship. They had plenty of 'vacancies' when the Jews left but they never took on the Palestinians.

23% of Transjordan was meant for the Jews while the other 77% was for non-Jews; the Jews and Muslims should have done a population exchange like India and Pakistan.

@Kirran , @Epic Beard Man , @Sakeenah , @LuisDantas , @Sha'irullah , @Aupmanyav , @sun rise , @Shaul , @columbus

I thought it was Balfour promise to give Palestine to the Jews, good that you corrected the history.

ronki23

I thought it was Balfour promise to give Palestine to the Jews, good that you corrected the history.

@Epic Beard Man
@Aupmanyav

A major reason I support Israel is my Muslim 'friends' from University 5 years ago support Palestine and don't keep in touch with me despite me respecting their religion

Another reason I support Israel is because my family support Palestine and my family has been getting on my nerves this past year

The most obvious reason I support Israel is because ISIS, Al Qaeda, Al Shabaab, Boko Haram, Laksh-e-Taiba,Hamas, etc. attack the West because the West supports Israel. Flip it around- why would I support Palestine if these groups support them?

74x12

Many Jews have lived in Palestine (it was never completely abandoned of all Jews) and some according to history were forcefully converted to Islam.

I support Israel's right to exist and defend themselves 100%; but what's ironic is that many Palestinians may be descendants of Hebrews! If you're Jewish and care then don't just look at Palestinians as more Arabs living in "your" land. They may actually be your brothers and sisters.

ronki23

Alexander Galloway, a former director of the UNRWA activities in Jordan told the Daily Telegraph that, “The Arab states do not want to solve the refugee problem. They want to keep it an open sore, as an affront to the United Nations, and as a weapon against Israel. Arab leaders don't give a damn whether the refugees live or die.”

(Reported in the “Daily Telegraph, August 29, 1952.)“Since 1948 Arab leaders have used the Palestine people for selfish political purposes.”

King Hussein of Jordan (1960).“The Arab states which had encouraged the Palestine Arabs to leave their homes temporarily in order to be out of the way of the Arab invasion armies, have failed to keep their promise to help these refugees.” –

The Jordanian daily newspaper Falastin, February 19, 1949.Even Mahmoud Abbas has had harsh words for the Arab League and their treatment of the Palestinians:“The Arab armies entered Palestine to protect the Palestinians from the Zionist tyranny, but instead they abandoned them, forced them to emigrate and to leave their homeland, imposed upon them a political and ideological blockade and threw them into prisons similar to the ghettos in which the Jews used to live in Eastern Europe.“The Arab states succeeded in scattering the Palestinian people and in destroying their unity. They did not recognize them as a unified people until the states of the world did so, and this is regrettable.” – The Current President of the Palestinian authority- Abu Mazen (Mahmoud Abbas), from the official journal of the PLO, Falastin el-Thawra (“What We Have Learned and What We Should Do”), Beirut, March 1976, reprinted in the Wall Street Journal, June 5,2003 and in “Palestine Betrayed”, by Prof Ephraim Karsh of Kings College, London.