• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Slow Death Of Christianity In The United States

PruePhillip

Archaeologists have found no evidence for horses in ancient Palestine.

Anointing was done with olive oil.

Jesus was NOT a warrior king and he didn't vanquish the Romans.

Probably true on all points. No problem there.
But be careful in saying "there's no evidence of ..."
it's used in describing camel domestication for instance.
"No evidence" simply means, "not found, yet."
There was no evidence of the prophet Isaiah either until
a seal turned up.
I have no idea if there's evidence for Queen Jezebel, wife
of King Ahab - I just read the story and accept she existed.

sooda

Veteran Member
Probably true on all points. No problem there.
But be careful in saying "there's no evidence of ..."
it's used in describing camel domestication for instance.
"No evidence" simply means, "not found, yet."
There was no evidence of the prophet Isaiah either until
a seal turned up.
I have no idea if there's evidence for Queen Jezebel, wife
of King Ahab - I just read the story and accept she existed.

Camels and horses were late comers to Palestine.

Camels can eat tough, thorny grass, but horses can't.

PruePhillip

Camels and horses were late comers to Palestine.

Camels can eat tough, thorny grass, but horses can't.

I tried to update the Wikipedia entry on domestic camels. It has the camel
being domesticated rather late - reminds me of the claims about the dating
of the bible actually.
People use this entry to "show" there were no camels in Abrahams' day.
"Earliest evidence" for camels in Israel was in 930 BC - but "earliest
evidence" might be correct but it implies there were none in Palestine
before that, despite Palestine being at the cross roads of the Middle East
and camels being domesticated before the pyramids.

Last edited:

sooda

Veteran Member
I tried to update the Wikipedia entry on domestic camels. It has the camel
being domesticated rather late - reminds me of the claims about the dating
of the bible actually.
People use this entry to "show" there were no camels in Abrahams' day.
"Earliest evidence" for camels in Israel was at some mine - but "earliest
evidence" might be correct but it implies there were none in Palestine
before that, despite Palestine being at the cross roads of the Middle East
and camels being domesticated before the pyramids.

Domestication of Camels. The dromedary had been domesticated on the borders of Arabia by 1800 B.C., a fact confirmed by the finding of Middle Bronze Age remains of camels at ancient urban sites in Israel.
Domestication of Camels - Camel Facts
lovecamels.com/camel-facts/domestication-of-camels/

North Arabian Saddle - Brown University
https://www.brown.edu/Departments/Joukowsky_Institute/courses/arabiaandarabs/1862.html
Zoe: The North Arabian camel saddle was developed sometime from 500-100 BCE. It is formed by two inverted saddle bows that rest on a single or two pads in front and in back of the camel's hump. It is formed by two inverted saddle bows that rest on a single or …

The Domestication History of Dromedary and Bactrian Camels
https://www.thoughtco.com/origin-histories-dromedary-bactrian-camels-169366
May 30, 2019 · The earliest reference to dromedaries in Arabia is the Sihi mandible, a camelid bone direct-dated to ca 7100-7200 BC. Sihi is a Neolithic coastal site in Yemen, and the bone is probably a wild dromedary: it is about 4,000 years earlier than the site itself. See Grigson and others (1989) for additional information about Sihi.

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Indoctrination. Plain old religious indoctrination, from the Official State Religion of Progressivism, that exclusively pounds their religious dogma into hapless pupils for their entire lives.. no exceptions.

They pound the atheistic naturalism belief of common descent, godlessness, moral relativity, constant attacks toward their hated ideological enemies (Christianity), AND the propagandists keep it up for their entire lives of the target dupes.

It is no surprise that so many are deluded by lies and phony narratives about Christianity, given the non stop propaganda they have endured.

As usual, you offer no evidence, just empty claims.

And that is exactly what indoctrination is - repetition of unsupported claims. It is you doing the indoctrinating here - or more correctly, attempting to indoctrinate.

But you're too late. Once one learns critical thinking and how to successfully apply reason to evidence, and learns to think that way as a habit of thought, indoctrination becomes impossible. You have zero chance of reaching anybody here but other faith-based thinkers, who probably agree with you. Are you not aware that others think differently than you do, and simply refuse to believe anything without sufficient evidence?

Incidentally, my opinion of Christianity and Christians doesn't come from any teachings about it from progressive or other sources. It comes from observing it and its effects on Christians and others. I simply observe the Christian bigotries and anti-intellectualism, and its un-American principles such as its incessant theocratic tendency. That's evidence from which one may draw sound conclusions. Nobody needs to tell an experienced critical thinker how to feel about such a religion.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
The Jewish Messiah was to be human man, not a god man. He was to deliver the Jews from oppression. Jesus did not fit the bill.
I find you are absolutely right in that Jesus was Not a god-man.
Jesus never claimed to be a god-man - John 10:36. Rather, false clergy teach the god-man ideas.
Jesus (God's Son) sets us free from what is false, especially set free from religious falsehoods.
The resurrected ascended-to-heaven Jesus does fit the bill in the sense that there is going to be a soon coming ' time of separation ' on Earth as described at Matthew 25:31-33,37,40.
Those figurative humble ' sheep'-like people can be (saved /delivered / rescued) and remain alive on Earth through the coming great tribulation of Revelation 7:14,9 right into the start of Jesus' coming 1,000-year reign over Earth.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Read the Bible. The messiah that the Jews expected was to be an anointed warrior king who would vanquish the enemies of Israel.
....and I find since Pentecost the Israel of God is now a spiritual nation - Galatians 4:26
A spiritual nation Not found on any map. A nation without borders or boundaries - 1 Peter 2:9;1 Peter 2:5
That spiritual nation (Christian congregation) is populated with spiritual people everywhere on Earth - Romans 2:28-29.
The resurrected ascended-to heaven Jesus is God's 'Commander in Chief' (Hail to the Chief!) of angelic armies.
Jesus is King, Not of his kingdom, but Jesus is King of God's kingdom for a thousand years. 1 Corinthians 15:24-26.
- Revelation 19:14-16; Isaiah 11:3-4