1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Situation (US)

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by The Hammer, Dec 2, 2020.

1. The Hammer

The Hammer Virtue, Piety, Study
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +3,236
    Religion:
    Druidry
    With the virus surging from coast to coast, the number of patients in the hospital with the virus has more than doubled over the past month to a record high of nearly 100,000, pushing medical centers and health care workers to the breaking point.

Nurses wanted: Swamped hospitals scramble for pandemic help | TribLIVE.com

The outbreak in the U.S. is blamed for more than 270,000 deaths and 13.8 million confirmed infections. New cases are running at over 160,000 a day on average, and deaths are up to more than 1,500 a day, a level seen back in May, during the crisis in the New York City area.

States are seeing record-breaking surges in deaths, including Illinois, Indiana and Kentucky in the middle of the country. Kentucky Gov. Andy Beshear said the virus is “spreading like wildfire.”

• Informative Informative x 3
  2. Regiomontanus

Regiomontanus retired astronomer

Ratings:
    +934
    Religion:
    Christianity
    It is getting scary where I live. Our (only) hospital has no ICU beds available, trying to add more, and so there is a waiting list.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. SigurdReginson

SigurdReginson Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,162
    Religion:
    None
    We are doing ok in the midst of our hospital's outbreak, but last time we got overwhelmed in a matter of days. The same thing may happen again the second time around.

Thankfully, we will be moving into a much bigger facility in the middle of December, so we will be able to handle anything they throw at us. Fingers crossed!

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  4. sun rise

sun rise "This is the Hour of God"
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +24,171
    Religion:
    Love
    What that means is people who could be saved are going to die.

I move between sadness and anger at people who are not taking it seriously like the couple did when they got on an airplane knowing they were COVID positive and when we have, for now, a POTUS who cannot be honest and deal with the pandemic.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Regiomontanus

Ratings:
    +934
    Religion:
    Christianity
    Yeah the current projections of the number of dead by this Spring are stunning. What's crazy is that many (most) people around here (in PA) simply do not wear masks. Convenience stores, restaurants - bars are full and no masks. You can't get into our grocery store without one on but then many people take them off inside. The store management does not say anything because they don't want to anger any customers. People look at me weird wearing a mask but oh well.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. sun rise

sun rise "This is the Hour of God"
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +24,171
    Religion:
    Love
    Fortunately we're more conscientious about mask wearing out here. Some even wear them while driving which is totally unnecessary. But there have been no incidents where I shop.

I'm not sure what I would do if there was given that I'm at high risk. Leave the store immediately at a minimum, for sure, but I'm not sure what else I might do in the heat of the moment.

7. pcarl

pcarl Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,358
    Religion:
    Catholic
    Yes, nurses are wanted. My grand daughter will receive her RN soon but thanks to online only she has had no practical experience within hospitals.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Secret Chief

Secret Chief Meghalayan Ape

Ratings:
    +4,143
    Religion:
    Buddhism
    Has the country considered having responsible leadership?

• Useful Useful x 1
  9. Regiomontanus

Ratings:
    +934
    Religion:
    Christianity
    We voted for that by more than 3 million votes in 2016, but the will of the people is secondary in our election process and so...we got Trump.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1