• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Situation in Egypt

Sahar

Of course there not, there only troubles in that particular Muslims country, I don't think you get my point at all. I have been saying all along that Cultural and ethnic influences on Muslims will make it very difficult to institute a Caliphate for all Muslims.
Why do yo have to enforce the same mazhab or approach all over the Islamic Ummah? Khilafa doesn't mean ruling of the entire Ummah by one man, by one fatwa or one mazhab. Muslim countries can be united after the pattern of the EU, for example. Muslims can be united under the broad lines of Islam that the majority of us agree upon and leaves every country to manage its own problems and matters by the best way they see fits. What is the big deal?

kai

ragamuffin
Why do yo have to enforce the same mazhab or approach all over the Islamic Ummah? Khilafa doesn't mean ruling of the entire Ummah by one man, by one fatwa or one mazhab. Muslim countries can be united after the pattern of the EU, for example.
Muslims can be united under the broad lines of Islam that the majority of us agree upon and leaves every country to manage its own problems and matters by the best way they see fits.
What is the big deal?

Isnt that what you have now?

The EU model

Thats perfectly feasible just like the EU except that the EU isn't as united as you might think , its full of ethnic and cultural divides and the problems that that brings with it. Countries are still sovereign inside a political umbrella an umbrella with holes in it i might add. The EU ultimately seeks complete unification politically and economically.

would you seek the same or just kind of like Catholic countries are all under the broad lines of Catholicism?

and theres no big deal! its just a discussion.

Last edited:

Bismillah

Submit
Kai you are too funny, you are saying that religion is divided along cultural ethnic lines and not four muddhabs.

I DARE you to find one Islamic practice that falls outside these four schools in Sunni Islam.

kai

ragamuffin
Kai you are too funny, you are saying that religion is divided along cultural ethnic lines and not four muddhabs.

I know i am funny:) but,Thats not what i am saying at all ! i am saying Muslims are divided along cultural and ethnic lines and not four mudhhabs

I DARE you to find one Islamic practice that falls outside these four schools in Sunni Islam.

Do you want one ethnic or cultural practise that falls outside the four schools? because thats what i have been talking about all the time

croak

Trickster
They're putting off presidential elections until 2013? Huh.

I might visit Egypt in the winter. Nice weather then.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
I had a feeling it wouldn't take long for things to get ugly for Christians in Egypt.

Revolutions are messy.

Badran

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Christians in Egypt are getting killed. And people thought the revolution in Egypt was a "call for freedom"

Great reasoning Jacob, keep it up.

Have you missed the other incidents were Muslims and Christians were protesting side to side? Did you miss the incidents were Muslims and Christians together were getting killed for this revolution?

What about these:

Egypt protests: Christians join hands to protect Muslims as they pray during Cairo protests | Mail Online

Guest Voices: Egyptian Muslims act as "human shields" for Coptic Christmas mass - On Faith at washingtonpost.com

Was this all fake to wait for the right moment and make our move on Christians?

Mark2020

Would you say this is an attempt by the military to stir up minority tensions?
Some believe so. I don't.
I think it is just blind hatred and discrimination by the army. They attacked Christians a couple of times, or watched them being attacked and killed without doing anything.
This isn't the first time that Christian protesters (who are asking for their rights or protesting against attacks on their churches) are attacked by the army, maybe the third or fourth time, while other thugs who ruin the country are being treated so gently.

At the risk of oversimplifying, after reading the article, I still think the main problem is the secular regime. Not the revolution or those who support the revolution (including Muslims).

Sahar

...completely anarchy
Which lays the foundation for a tight military rule. :( The condition is so depressing and disappointing. The SCAF is the main anti-revolution force.

Riddle me this, riddle me that
I'm afraid the joke
might be swallowed by the sorrow
I have a question
If I don't voice it, if I suppress it
my head will explode
What's going on?
What is the revolution?
Who created it?
Who protected it?
Who stole it?
Who controls its media?