• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Sin Of Sex Before Marriage

Muffled

Jesus in me
Adultery, if not permitted by society and culture. Krishna's eight marriages or four among Muslims where permitted are not adultery. Similarly polyandry too in some societies.

I believe you are in error. Multiple marriages by Krishna or even one for that matter reveal that Krishna is not God incarnate. I believe Muslims have a tendency to make up their own rules that often enough can be contrary to God's will.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
I believe this is what the Holy Spirit tells me.
And I believe that you are mistaking your own opinions for those of God. You are creating a God in your own image.

Of course God agrees with you.

Our God is not a God of confusion but is a God of rational thinking.

Yes, He is a God of confusion, in my opinion.
Like you, I have opinions.

Among them are "Trinitarian Monotheism is irrationally oxymoronic", and "Human Nature, weak and stupid as it is, is obviously the result of our Creator."

What reason would I have to perceive your beliefs as more reflective of Reality than my own?
Tom

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
You mean to say that should two single people have sex they are then supposed to be married?
In the times of the Ancient Israelites, yes, this was exactly the case.

Torah talks about if a man seduces an unmarried, unbetrothed woman (and they are caught), he shall pay her father fifty shekels, and they are married, and he may not divorce her. (Deut 22:28-29)

Muffled

Jesus in me
And I believe that you are mistaking your own opinions for those of God. You are creating a God in your own image.

Of course God agrees with you.

Yes, He is a God of confusion, in my opinion.
Like you, I have opinions.

Among them are "Trinitarian Monotheism is irrationally oxymoronic", and "Human Nature, weak and stupid as it is, is obviously the result of our Creator."

What reason would I have to perceive your beliefs as more reflective of Reality than my own?
Tom

I believe you have opinions but I have the Word of God.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Does it really matter? :)
Gods do not go by what you say.

It doesn't matter to me whether Krishna was an incarnation of God or not but the fact that he is not means that he can lead people astray.

I believe I go by what God says and certainly do not pay much attention to what gods say.

Muffled

Jesus in me
In the times of the Ancient Israelites, yes, this was exactly the case.

Torah talks about if a man seduces an unmarried, unbetrothed woman (and they are caught), he shall pay her father fifty shekels, and they are married, and he may not divorce her. (Deut 22:28-29)

I believe metaphysically speaking sex joins the two as one and marriage only certifies to the public that the two are joining or have joined.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
It doesn't matter to me whether Krishna was an incarnation of God or not but the fact that he is not means that he can lead people astray.
Every one cannot be Krishna. And since the Hindu Code Bills of 1950s, polyandry or polygamy is a punishable crime for Hindus, Jains, Buddhists and Sikhs.
Why do you say that Krishna is not an incarnation of Lord Vishnu? This is the same as saying Jesus is not the son of God, and Mary was not breathed in by the Ghost.