• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The significance of 1844 in Bible Prophecy

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
Isn't the interpretation of biblical prophecy fun! Anything can mean anything!

History can be bent into any shape, and details like armor, weapons, troop sizes, dates . . . can be shaped to fit whatever narrative we want. It makes me wonder if maybe we should all take a step back and see the rantings of an isolated Iron Age zealot for what they are . . . rantings.

I'm a practical down to earth guy so try to focus on what assists myself and others live a better life. If religion helps with that, then great. If religion becomes a source of ill feeling and prejudice then its best not to have that religion.

Faithofchristian

Why would a prophetic book talk about events that had already happened before they written down? That's not prophecy, just recounting of history.
Water in the Holy books corresponds to what it does in our earthly life. Water is the basis of life, if we do not partake of it we will perish.

Water in the Holy Writings is Knowledge and the greatest of all knowledge is that of knowing and loving God.

To know and Love God we need the Spirit of Faith as earthly knowledge does not mean we will know God, some of the Greatest men has no Schooling.

So to be Born Again we have to embrace the Spirit of Faith to Join the Love and Knowledge of God through His Messenger in the Age we live.

Thus Born into the Water of Knowledge by the Spirit of Faith in Gods Messenger.

Baha'u'llah is the One all Faiths Await, this is the dawn of the 'Day of God'. Many are called in this day.

Regards Tony

I'm not quite sure what book your referring to when saying books ?

But in the Holy Scriptures, Bible, in speaking about born of water and of the Spirit
When a woman's water breaks the child is born through that water. Thereby being born of water.

Being born of the Spirit, Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible,
By the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever" 1 Peter 1:23.

Thereby being born of the Spirit, is through the word of God.

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm not quite sure what book your referring to when saying books ?

But in the Holy Scriptures, Bible, in speaking about born of water and of the Spirit
When a woman's water breaks the child is born through that water. Thereby being born of water.

Being born of the Spirit, Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible,
By the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever" 1 Peter 1:23.

Thereby being born of the Spirit, is through the word of God.

My comment had been in response to the 3 1/2 day prophecy in revelation you had made reference too.

I'm good the being born of spirit scripture thanks.

Faithofchristian

My comment had been in response to the 3 1/2 day prophecy in revelation you had made reference too.

I'm good the being born of spirit scripture thanks.

Those 3 1/2 days are a literal 3 1/2 days.

The day for a year formula will not work here.
Otherwise those dead body's would be laying in the streets for 3 1/2 years.
Which around the first week those bodies would start to decay and stink very bad.

Let alone being there for 3 1/2 years.

So those 3 1/2 days are literal 3 1/2 days.

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member

Which around the first week those bodies would start to decay and stink very bad.

That's good then. So you should be able to explain Revelation 11 to me.

How about the beast with the 10 horns and seven heads? Is that literal?

Faithofchristian

That's good then. So you should be able to explain Revelation 11 to me.

How about the beast with the 10 horns and seven heads? Is that literal?

Sure it is, if you understand what those 10 horns and seven heads Represents.

God Himself fortold what those 10 horns and seven heads Represents throughout
Revelation.
Note God fortells who the Mother of Harlots is throughout Revelation
Chapters 17,18.

Revelation Chapter 11, happens just 3 1/2 days before Christ Jesus returns.

Notice in Rev 11 Verse 7 the beast ascendeth out of the bottomless pit, This being the same beast that comes up out of the earth in
Revelation 13:11. That has two horns like a lamb and he speak as a dragon"

Notice in Revelation 17:10 --"And there are seven kings, five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come, and when he cometh, he must continue a short space"

Ok, so who is this king that must continue a short space ?

God fortells who this king is that must continue a short space in Revelation.

In Revelation 11:11, here we find out who this king is, "And they had a king over them which is the angel of the bottomless pit.

Now we found out who this king is, being the king of the bottomless pit.

Now who is this king of the bottomless pit?

Now in Revelation 20:1-3, Here we find that Satan being cast into the bottomless pit.
Seeing that Satan is the only one to ever been cast into the bottomless pit, So the king of the bottomless pit would be Satan himself.

Now back to Revelation 17:10, Notice "he must continue a short space"

Now in Revelation 12:12, Here we find, The devil being cast down to the earth, having great wrath, because he knows that he has but a short time ( space ).

Therefore the king in Revelation 17:10 must continue a short space ( time )
Is the devil ,Satan. That knows he has a short time ( space ).

Notice in Revelation 17:12 ten horns and ten kings, Notice horns in scriptures Represents power and those ten kings have not yet received no kingdom, but will receive power
( horns = power ) as kings one hour with the beast.
Note that these ten kings receive power one hour with the beast, this beast being Satan, and those kings are Satan's kings that will receive power with Satan for one hour.

Notice ( one hour ) what is this ( Hour )?

In Revelation 3:10, God tells what this Hour is.
"Because you have kept the word of my patience, I also will keep you from the hour of temptation"
Here's the ( Hour ) This hour being the hour of temptation that Satan and his kings (Angels) that come with Satan into the world, to deceive by deception the whole world into believing that he is Christ Jesus.

Last edited:

leibowde84

Veteran Member
As we are now in the year 2017, the year 1844 seems to be now a distant past. In reality it is only recent History and the early to mid 1800's were a time of great expectation.

The world was starting to change rapidly in thought, technologies and science. Many signs that the Bible foretold were seen to be have fulfilled in one way and another. Added to this a William Miller a farmer in America had an amazing insight and had worked out from Daniel that 1843 to 1844 was the year of Christs Return. The day and hour yet to be known.

The way William Miller came to that conclusion is readily available on the net, so no need to post it here.

What William Miller had not known and what many other people do not know that 1844 also ties into the Book of Revelation. Using William Millers day for a year calculation we have the time of 1260 years written through out Revelation and an event the would take hold of the Holy Land for that period of time.

It was the religion of Muhammad that took hold of the Holy Land, so it must be that is the event Revelation talks about. The Muslim Faith had a Lunar calendar that started in AD622, the year AH1260 in the Muslim Calendar is the year AD1844.

We now have the two greatest Books of Prophecy, pointing to the same Date.

This chart shows the significance of 1844, 0r 1260.

View attachment 19451

So was the Great Disappointment, not a disappointment, but an event that happened that needed to be seen in a different way?

Regards To all Tony
No, I think the Bible shouldn't be expected to make any accurate predictions. I've not heard of any examples when it has. Usually it is people just reaching trying to get something from the Bible that isn't actually there.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Notice horns in scriptures Represents power

So you are saying there is spiritual understanding of certain aspects of these writings.

Why does your private interpretaion have any weight? What does the Bible say about private interpretation?

Is it not the Promise of Christ, that it is the Spirit of Truth will guide us to all Truth? If so does your view have this authority?

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
No, I think the Bible shouldn't be expected to make any accurate predictions. I've not heard of any examples when it has. Usually it is people just reaching trying to get something from the Bible that isn't actually there.

What I found in my search is, is that events unfold as per Prophecy and it is up to each of us to determine the Facts. It does take faith for this search to be fruitful.

I can say that I have found that it is Baha'u'llah that has given the promised Keys of Understanding.

The Greatest of these Keys is that there is only One God and all of the Great Faiths have come from the One God. Using this key we can know that in Prophecy, we will find reference to any Message from God after Christ, Christ has told us how to acheive this goal.

Thus if you feel the desire to explore this subject, I can suggest a book called the Kitab-i-iqan by Baha'u'llah that explains why God has given all Faiths in a progression of understanding.

This is a link to that book

The Kitáb-i-Íqán | Bahá’í Reference Library

Stay well and happy and all the best in life, Regards Tony

leibowde84

Veteran Member
What I found in my search is, is that events unfold as per Prophecy and it is up to each of us to determine the Facts. It does take faith for this search to be fruitful.

I can say that I have found that it is Baha'u'llah that has given the promised Keys of Understanding.

The Greatest of these Keys is that there is only One God and all of the Great Faiths have come from the One God. Using this key we can know that in Prophecy, we will find reference to any Message from God after Christ, Christ has told us how to acheive this goal.

Thus if you feel the desire to explore this subject, I can suggest a book called the Kitab-i-iqan by Baha'u'llah that explains why God has given all Faiths in a progression of understanding.

But, all of these things, including the Kitab-i-iqan by Baha'u'llah, are merely claims, right? What evidence are you basing your conclusion that they are correct on?

InvestigateTruth

"And they of the people and kindreds and tongues and nations shall see their dead bodies three days and an half, and shall not suffer their dead bodies to be put in graves."

I don't think it is reasonable to say, that literally so many people from nations, tribes keep gazing at two dead bodies. Why would they want to gaze at dead bodies? And why should they refuse to bury them in graves? How could all these people within just 3.5 days gather and gaze at them?
Sometimes the body can be symbol of something else, in the same way that in parts of scriptures, Temple, can mean the body of Christ, or for instance Christ said eat my flesh, He did not mean literally His physical body, but His Religious teachings were like food for Spirit, so these two dead bodies may be the symbol of Religion of God, which has lost its Spirituality.

leibowde84

Veteran Member

I think what frustrates me the most about discussions like this is the failure of some to recognize the obvious 3rd option. One prophecy ends up being wrong, so it must be a misunderstanding, so maybe it means this ... or this. They ignore the obvious fact that the Bible could simply be wrong about certain things. The authors were imperfect, mostly unknown, ancient men. One should assume that they were wrong about a lot.

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
If you study both the Bab and Baha'u'llah you will note that they came in the New Name Christ said he would write upon any that accepted Him. They did not come in Christs name, but as Christs.

The Bab came as the Bab, "Gate or Door".

Baha'u'llah came as the "Glory of God, or Glory of the Lord".

"The Glory of the Lord came by the way of the Gate", as foretold.

Regards Tony
But you believe Muhammad is also "The Christ", the "Lord's Anointed" or what you call a "manifestation". So when you speak of prophecies about coming with a new name, you better be including Muhammad and not just the Bab and Baha'u'llah.

Faithofchristian

So you are saying there is spiritual understanding of certain aspects of these writings.

Why does your private interpretaion have any weight? What does the Bible say about private interpretation?

Is it not the Promise of Christ, that it is the Spirit of Truth will guide us to all Truth? If so does your view have this authority?

Regards Tony

Since you put it that way, then Yes it takes Spiritual discernment and knowledge and Wisdom, to understand what the Spirit God is saying in Revelation.

Note Christ Jesus said many times in the book of Revelation, "he that has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith"

Do you have an ear to hear the Spirit of Truth that leads unto all truth throughout the book of Revelation.

Can you explain what's the key of David in Revelation 3:7, what is the key of David, What does it mean to have the key of David, What's the purpose of having the key of David ?

For one thing, I didn't give my interpretation.
Like I said God has fortold all things in the book of Revelation and who those kings are and who the beast is and who those ten kings and the ten horns are.

All is required of us is to follow God and let God do the interpretation.

Everything that God has given in the book of Revelation, God does the interpretation of them in the book of Revelation.

Take for instance Revelation 17:1 , Notice the Angel of God saying to John, Come here I will show unto you the Judgement of the great whore that sitteth upon many waters.
Therefore it is God through His angel that's doing the interpretation of all things in the book of Revelation.

Last edited:

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
But you believe Muhammad is also "The Christ", the "Lord's Anointed" or what you call a "manifestation". So when you speak of prophecies about coming with a new name, you better be including Muhammad and not just the Bab and Baha'u'llah.

Yes that is so, it was mentioned in the opening post as to why 1844 was a year of expectation.

It is the Revelation of Muhammad that gives us the date that coincides with AD1844, that of AH1260.

Regards Tony

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
Yes that is so, it was mentioned in the opening post as to why 1844 was a year of expectation.

It is the Revelation of Muhammad that gives us the date that coincides with AD1844, that of AH1260.

Regards Tony
That's not the point. Christ is coming with a new name? Then the very next appearance is Muhammad. So it should be "I'm coming with three new names." But Baha'i use the "new name" references only for the Bab and Baha'u'llah. I'm glad you started another thread that is specific to prophecy. Good luck with it.

Faithofchristian

"And they of the people and kindreds and tongues and nations shall see their dead bodies three days and an half, and shall not suffer their dead bodies to be put in graves."

I don't think it is reasonable to say, that literally so many people from nations, tribes keep gazing at two dead bodies. Why would they want to gaze at dead bodies? And why should they refuse to bury them in graves? How could all these people within just 3.5 days gather and gaze at them?
Sometimes the body can be symbol of something else, in the same way that in parts of scriptures, Temple, can mean the body of Christ, or for instance Christ said eat my flesh, He did not mean literally His physical body, but His Religious teachings were like food for Spirit, so these two dead bodies may be the symbol of Religion of God, which has lost its Spirituality.

When God's two witnesses lay dead in the streets. It will be telecast on T.V because many people will not believe they will rise again.
So when it's telecast people will want to see, to disprove God and God's elect people, that they will not rise. But then after 3 1/2 days God calls them and they stand up on their feet, then the people see them go up to heaven and then people become afraid.

Faithofchristian

That's not the point. Christ is coming with a new name? Then the very next appearance is Muhammad. So it should be "I'm coming with three new names." But Baha'i use the "new name" references only for the Bab and Baha'u'llah. I'm glad you started another thread that is specific to prophecy. Good luck with it.

Muslims look at Jesus as Prophet

Did you know that Jesus gave prophecy about Muhammad,
It is written that Muhammad lived in the desert.
And in the book of Matthew Jesus had given Prophecy about a prophet being in the desert.

Jesus said in the book of Matthew "For there shall arise false Christ's and false prophets
Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold he is in the desert, go not forth"
Matthew 24:24-26.

Therefore Jesus just proved muhammad as being a false prophet in the desert.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member

This is how Jesus can Claim to be the Christ, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End, the Alpha and the Omega an the "I Am".

Each Messeneger comes as did Christ, as a Human born in this World empowered by the Holy Spirit and not the Human Spirit.

There is no separation of that Spirit, it is One with God.

Christ left instructions as to how to tell who is a True Prophet, Muhammad, Bab and Baha'u'llah have pasesed those requirements.

Regards Tony