• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The show must go on (Trump) :D

Nimos

(CNN)Former Secretary of Defense James Mattis on Wednesday castigated President Donald Trump as "the first president in my lifetime who does not try to unite the American people" in a forceful rebuke of his former boss as nationwide protests have intensified over the death of George Floyd.

"Donald Trump is the first president in my lifetime who does not try to unite the American people—does not even pretend to try. Instead he tries to divide us," Mattis said in a statement obtained by CNN.
"We are witnessing the consequences of three years of this deliberate effort. We are witnessing the consequences of three years without mature leadership. We can unite without him, drawing on the strengths inherent in our civil society. This will not be easy, as the past few days have shown, but we owe it to our fellow citizens; to past generations that bled to defend our promise; and to our children."

Christ all mighty!!!

What does it take to replace a president in the US? Someone should look into it... For the love of God and yourself don't give Trump 4 more years.

tenor.gif

Bear Wild

(CNN)Former Secretary of Defense James Mattis on Wednesday castigated President Donald Trump as "the first president in my lifetime who does not try to unite the American people" in a forceful rebuke of his former boss as nationwide protests have intensified over the death of George Floyd.

"Donald Trump is the first president in my lifetime who does not try to unite the American people—does not even pretend to try. Instead he tries to divide us," Mattis said in a statement obtained by CNN.
"We are witnessing the consequences of three years of this deliberate effort. We are witnessing the consequences of three years without mature leadership. We can unite without him, drawing on the strengths inherent in our civil society. This will not be easy, as the past few days have shown, but we owe it to our fellow citizens; to past generations that bled to defend our promise; and to our children."

Christ all mighty!!!

What does it take to replace a president in the US? Someone should look into it... For the love of God and yourself don't give Trump 4 more years.

tenor.gif

It will take the recognition of fascist behavior is unacceptable to a country who sacrificed so many lives to prevent it. Trump knows that he can say anything and do anything to distort the truth to increase the fear of those he connects with to keep the "us vs them" alive to activate them to vote for him. It will take the recognition of the "them" me included to recognize that this is so important to remove this man from the white house to put all differences aside to act in a unified way.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

Christ all mighty!!!

tenor.gif

Well, this is an election year, so here's the people's chance to replace him. It's only five months away. If not, then it will be another four more years, but that would be it. Term limits would prevent him from running again.

Of course, they could try to impeach him again, but that didn't work too well the last time.

I'm not sure how easy it will be to "unite the American people," whatever that's supposed to mean. The people will never really be "united," but most can peaceful and civilized enough to coexist with each other.

In terms of how this will affect the political situation, time will tell, although it should be interesting to see what they say at the conventions and how the campaign season plays out. Trump still has some pretty strong support.