1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Featured The shortcoming of German churches and cathedrals.

Discussion in 'General Religious Debates' started by Jonathan Bailey, Apr 19, 2019.

1. Notanumber

Notanumber A Free Man

Ratings:
    +1,087
    Religion:
    Not even an Infidel, but still a Rebellious Kafir
  2. Jonathan Bailey

Ratings:
    +30
    Religion:
    none, formal or established: I subscribe to the possibility of supreme being(s) and a hereafter
    And this article was published nine days before the burning of Notre Dame. A coincidence?

No, I'm not a Catholic but my mother and others on her side of the family were raised in the Catholic tradition.

I do admire the artful beauty and majesty of Catholic churches and a few Protestant cathedrals. The Roman Catholics do possess the most ornate
    of the world's churches. Even Spanish missions are a splendor to behold.

The Mormon (LDS) Churches in Boise, ID are quite opulent too.

Heavenly pipe organ music leaves my soul
    in complete awe.

#22 Jonathan Bailey, Apr 20, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2019
  3. exchemist

exchemist Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,186
    Religion:
    RC (culturally at least)
    Well you are obviously a well-adjusted person with a balanced and tolerant outlook. I look for forward to seeing more of your contributions from the St Petersburg troll farm or wherever you come from.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. Jonathan Bailey

Ratings:
    +30
    Religion:
    none, formal or established: I subscribe to the possibility of supreme being(s) and a hereafter
    I come from my mother's womb here on American soil. And no, I don't like to see turbans or sheets over people's heads here.

#24 Jonathan Bailey, Apr 20, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  5. exchemist

Ratings:
    +2,186
    Religion:
    RC (culturally at least)
    I imagine pillowcases with eyeholes cut out are OK though. :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Landon Caeli

Landon Caeli What's your stoyle?
    It's My Birthday!

Ratings:
    +958
    Religion:
    Catholic
    If I didn’t know better, I’d think Jehovahs witness was based almost totally on the rejection of Catholicism.

What is evil though, is trying to spread this radical fundamentalism to other Christians by inciting, and relying on that common hatred for Catholicism.

...That’s pure evil.

7. Landon Caeli

It's My Birthday!

Ratings:
    +958
    Religion:
    Catholic
    I think your views are quite in line with the Westboro Baptist’s.

• Like Like x 1
  8. sooda

sooda Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,638
    Religion:
    Christian
    What else could they hang their hats on? Ignorant haters are really all the same.

• Like Like x 1
  9. sooda

sooda Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,638
    Religion:
    Christian
    Oh they are just miserable. Attacking the faith of others is all they have.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Deeje

Deeje Avid Bible Student
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,498
    Religion:
    Christian JW
    Was Jesus exposing the teachings of the Pharisees, "evil"? Or was he exposing the "evil" in their teachings? Did they want to hear it? How did they respond? How did the religious leaders treat the son of God? How did they influence the people against him?
    Who were the "evil" ones?

What is "evil" is promoting a religious system that has for centuries led people away from God, just as the Jewish system had done in Jesus' day, following the traditions of men to substitute for what the scriptures had to say.

The lies taught by Catholicism are perpetuated to this day in a religious ststem that has the most evil history, and has influenced all other "Christian" denominations in Christendom for 1500 years.

We all have to make choices with regard to our worship, in this "time of the end"....so they should be informed choices. No one has to believe what I say....but anyone can easily check for themselves. History itself is the greatest enemy of Roman Catholicism. It isn't hated for its good deeds...is it?

No one has anything to fear from the truth.

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. Landon Caeli

It's My Birthday!

Ratings:
    +958
    Religion:
    Catholic
    Do you communicate directly with God just like Jesus does, and that’s how you know Catholicism teaches lies and is “promoting an evil religious system”..?

Because otherwise, you’re just replaying scripture, pretending to be Jesus. But you’re not Jesus. And the Catholic Church is not Judaism.

12. lostwanderingsoul

lostwanderingsoul Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +730
    Religion:
    seeking
    Seriously??? All the problems in the world and you are worried about floors. Get real.Do they have nice bathrooms?

13. Landon Caeli

It's My Birthday!

Ratings:
    +958
    Religion:
    Catholic
    @Deeje, what you're doing is called "abstract thinking", and while it is a basic human trait to view things abstractly, we often have the tendency to categorize and group based on false pretexts, and assumptions.

Essentially, not all abstractions are based in reality.

14. Landon Caeli

It's My Birthday!

Ratings:
    +958
    Religion:
    Catholic
    I like a nice, well maintained bathroom. You don't?

#34 Landon Caeli, Apr 20, 2019
  15. Deeje

Deeje Avid Bible Student
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,498
    Religion:
    Christian JW
    Anyone who knows what the Bible teaches, (and this is the only source of Christ's teachings) as opposed to what a church teaches, or how it interprets what he said, will have a long list of things that the RCC accepts as doctrine, that finds no place in scripture. If Jesus did not teach it, then it has no place in Christianity. The Reformation was based on this.

I don't think that Catholic people have any idea how far from Christ's teachings their church has strayed. And if they only listen to the church instead of taking a step back to see what they have really been a party to for centuries, then they will never see the truth. If we are going to trust anyone...they have to first prove worthy of our trust. How can you trust a church with such an horrendous past?

Even in the present, the billion dollars already donated to rebuild Notre Dame Cathedral is drawing a lot of flack from the general public who see that a billion dollars could be better spent on real and pressing human issues like starvation and poverty among the 40% of Latin American Catholics who are presently exiting Latin American countries, because its is now too dangerous to live there. Imagine the good that $17 billion dollars worth of art treasures could do for those of their own flock. Why is it withheld?

The Catholic Church has the funds to rebuild its own cathedral and the donated public money could be put to better use. Is a building worth more than human lives?

Contrary to what many assume, many things in the Bible are pictorial of something in the future. The religion practiced by the Jews ended up as human misinterpretation of what Moses taught. The final result, Jesus said, was "leaven"...a corrupting agent. (Mark 8:15) God's worship was corrupted just as Jesus' teachings were corrupted by misinterpretation of church leaders in the centuries following his death. He foretold that this would happen, but Christendom pretends it never did. The "weeds" of false Christianity were sown in the very early centuries and they grew rapidly to all but choke the "wheat" out of existence.

God, through his prophet Daniel, said that at "the time of the end", due to an abundance of knowledge that was to be made available at that time, a "cleansing, whitening and refining" of his worshippers would take place. (Daniel 12:4; 9-10) Why would he need to clean up his worship again if there was no need?

Just as Jesus cleaned up the worship of those Jews who responded to his ministry in the first century, so at this period in history, as God is poised to bring destruction on this entire world system under satan's control, (Daniel 2:44) he has cleaned up the worship offered through the teachings of his son. The "wicked" he said would not accept this cleansing and would carry on as before, understanding nothing.....given no insight.

Christendom is a mirror image of first century Judaism.

All I have done is draw attention to some very relevant and provable facts....the RCC does not have scriptural backing for anything it teaches.....it is all corrupted by men and replaced with doctrines of their own invention.

We can discuss these if you like, and the scriptural reasons for dismissing them.

#35 Deeje, Apr 20, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2019
  16. sooda

sooda Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,638
    Religion:
    Christian
    You have a lot of hate going on there.. Does it attract people to your congregation?

• Like Like x 1
  17. exchemist

Ratings:
    +2,186
    Religion:
    RC (culturally at least)
    I am quite sure it does. A lot of people are looking for something, or someone, to hate.

• Like Like x 1
  18. pcarl

pcarl Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,224
    Religion:
    Catholic
    It must be really upsetting to you that your salvation came through the Jews!

19. sooda

sooda Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,638
    Religion:
    Christian
    The double down position is to accuse you of lacking spiritual discernment.

20. sooda

sooda Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,638
    Religion:
    Christian
    Daniel wasn't alive during the time of Nebuchadnezzar.. Its not prophecy.. Its history.

Babylon is the head of gold; Medo-Persia, the chest and arms of silver; Greece, the belly and thighs of bronze; and Rome, the fourth kingdom, is the legs of iron.