• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Seven Laws of Noah

Scott1

The Seven Laws of Noah demonstrate that almighty G-d has rules and laws for all human beings ...and that G-d loves us all. He does not leave anyone, Jew or non-Jew without guidance. To the non-Jew He has given the Seven Commandments:

The Seven Laws of Noah

1. BELIEF IN G-D
Do not worship Idols
2. RESPECT G-D AND PRAISE HIM
Do Not Blaspheme His Name
3. RESPECT HUMAN LIFE
Do Not Murder
4. RESPECT THE FAMILY
Do Not Commit Immoral Sexual Acts
5. RESPECT FOR OTHERS’ RIGHTS AND PROPERTY
Do Not Steal
6. CREATION OF A JUDICIAL SYSTEM
Pursue Justice
7. RESPECT ALL CREATURES
Do not be cruel to animals.​

Noahide.org - Home Page

Is this an "authentic" teaching of the Jewish faith.....?​

NoahideHiker

Religious Headbanger
Yes. It is older than Judaism itself. You find it more in the more orthodox sects and in Chassidic sects in particular. I've had Reform Jews look at me as if I had three heads when I tell them I'm a B'nai Noach; "What in the world is that?". Rambam wrote of B'nai Noachs...“Anyone who accepts the Seven Laws and is careful to do them, this person is one of the Chasidei Umos HaOlam (very pious of the nations of the world), and he has portion in the world to come.“. Within those seven laws there are some 66 mitzvahs we follow. This is also why Jews generally do not proselytize, because they don't need to.

Rebbe Menachem Mendel Schneerson or The Rebbe, who was a Chabad rebbe was a great leader when it came to spreading the word about the Noahide Covenant. On March 5th the 102nd Congress signed into law the recognition of The Rebbe on his 89th birthday with Education Day which, among other things states, ...

EDUCATION DAY U.S.A

Public Law 102-14, H.J. Res 104

102nd Congress of the United States of America

March 5, 1991

Whereas Congress recognizes the historical tradition of ethical values and principles which are the basis of civilized society and upon which our great Nation was founded;
Whereas these ethical values and principles have been the bedrock of society from the dawn of civilization, when they were known as the Seven Noahide Laws;
Whereas without these ethical values and principles the edifice of civilization stands in serious peril of returning to chaos;<snip>

It is also of interest to note that the Noahide Covenant is somewhat of an umbrella faith because other religions fall within it's scope. Muslims practice all seven of the laws. Christians, depending on the sect, follow six or seven of them within their own faith. You will also find many terrible things said about Noahides around the internet. Conspiracy theories that we are the New World Order, it will be the instrument which Satan will use during his time on earth here, under Noahide laws a person will have there head chopped off for any little infraction. All of which is untrue.

If you want to learn more check out these sites:

WikiNoah
Ask Noah

Last edited:

Yid613

Noahide.org - Home Page
Is this an "authentic" teaching of the Jewish faith.....?
Yes, the people running this site seem to be Lubavitchers (Chasidic Jews, followers of the Lubavitcher Rebbe) and the site is sharing content with Chabad.org.

I've had Reform Jews look at me as if I had three heads when I tell them I'm a B'nai Noach;
I’m Jewish and I’ve had Reformed Jews look at me like that. ;)

Unfortunately Noahidism is a one trick used by missionaries. Not all Noahide groups are kosher. Sometimes it hard to tell as anyone can call themselves a Rabbi, Noadhide, or Jew these terms are not copyrighted. With all the Jewish lawyers you think someone would have thought of that. ;)

7. RESPECT ALL CREATURES
Do not be cruel to animals.
You would think this would be learned from the 1st law, a belief in G-d. We respect all of G-d creation. The 7th law is really more about one aspect of kosher food, it’s really more about the soul. However a prohibition against cruelty to animals is a byproduct of this and I guess that it is easier to understand.

This site, while it has a lot of good information, is a bit more questionable. It lists a lot of sources but not who is writing the articles and interrupting them. Some of the information seems to be taken out of context.

NoahideHiker

Religious Headbanger
Unfortunately Noahidism is a one trick used by missionaries. Not all Noahide groups are kosher. Sometimes it hard to tell as anyone can call themselves a Rabbi, Noadhide, or Jew these terms are not copyrighted. With all the Jewish lawyers you think someone would have thought of that. ;)

I love all peoples from all religions but when you have to act like someone from another religion to get converts your religion is weak and not worthy to convert to. Missionaries drive me nut. Jews and Gentiles are separate and always will be. They should get over it.

This site, while it has a lot of good information, is a bit more questionable. It lists a lot of sources but not who is writing the articles and interrupting them. Some of the information seems to be taken out of context.

After looking deeper I found the wiki site is run by United Noahide Council, Inc. which is Billy Jack Dial who is a member of the Noachide Council which was appointed by the newly convened Sanhedrin in Israel.

I feel there are some who are trying to do too much too fast within the Noachide community. They are writing Noachide sidurs, putting together councils, trying to start Noachide yeshivas to educate future Noachide judges, ect. This is not the time to appear "cultish" or trying to hard to be structured. Personally I see the seven laws of Noach as being a personal creed for today and maybe a social creed when the moshiach comes.