• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Second Democratic Primary Debate

The Reverend Bob

Fart Machine and Beastmaster
Oh Jesus who cares? Bernie has done more to shape the Democratic Party of 2019 than anyone else on that stage. Not to mention the fact that Dems need independents to win. Party elitism isn't going to win Dems the White House.
So it's going to be deja Vu all over again with the woke white Bernie Bros spoiling everything just like last time. If by any chance he gets the nomination you can count a lot of people out including me, I rather have a tooth pulled without anesthesia than vote for him

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
So it's going to be deja Vu all over again with the woke white Bernie Bros spoiling everything just like last time.

What exactly did "Bernie bros" (my female best friend who voted for him will get a kick out of that) do to "spoil everything?" Hillary won the primary, remember?

If by any chance he gets the nomination you can count a lot of people out including me, I rather have a tooth pulled without anesthesia than vote for him

Why?

The Reverend Bob

What exactly did "Bernie bros" (my female best friend who voted for him will get a kick out of that) do to "spoil everything?" Hillary won the primary, remember?

Why?
What did they do? They poisoned the well against Hillary. They took to social media and made it seem like voting for Hillary was worse than voting for Trump. So they can all go to hell and take Bernie with them because if he gets the nomination, I will vote for Trump out of spite, because one good turn deserves another

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
What did they do? They poisoned the well against Hillary. They took to social media and made it seem like voting for Hillary was worse than voting for Trump. So they can all go to hell and take Bernie with them because if he gets the nomination, I will vote for Trump out of spite, because one good turn deserves another

So to show some Bernie voters how mad you are they voted for Trump, you're gonna...vote for Trump? Jesus, the Dem Party really is f*****.

The truth is, the vast majority of Bernie voters voted for Hillary in the general. You're letting Twitter distort your perceptions of reality.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Will you watch? Do you care? Did debate 1 change your thinking at all?
Even though I closely follow politics in general since I taught a poli sci course for 25 years, my answer is no, no, and no. For me, it's too early for me to get that much into it.

The Reverend Bob

So to show some Bernie voters how mad you are they voted for Trump, you're gonna...vote for Trump? Jesus, the Dem Party really is f*****.

The truth is, the vast majority of Bernie voters voted for Hillary in the general. You're letting Twitter distort your perceptions of reality.
Blame people like Susan Sarandon. And another thing Bernie certainly wasn't discouraging his followers from poisoning the well

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
Blame people like Susan Sarandon. And another thing Bernie certainly wasn't discouraging his followers from poisoning the well

Nonsense. He endorsed Hillary. Again, the vast majority of his supporters voted for her. And again, you're threatening to do exactly what you're saying was so objectionable 4 years ago.

Audie

Veteran Member
I know ad hominem must make you feel good emotionally, but try to rein it in and be at least a little rational. Also, do it on another thread.

It may be rational to call "ad hom" when
none is in sight and thus betray ignorance
and confusion, but, it sure is silly.

The Reverend Bob

And they will be as silly as the Bernie voters who voted for Trump instead of Hillary.
That is a sizable chunk of Democratic voters you are willing to lose because of Bernie. How about just no more Bernie? Because he isn't going to unite the party and it is obvious that he can't, so why not someone else?