• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Second Coming, the Trumpet Blasts, the Bowls of Wrath, and Inheriting the Earth

This study goes over the events related to the second coming in correlation to the Jewish festivals and old testament prophecies, going from the time of the opening of the sixth seal, to the time of the trumpet blasts of the seventh seal, and to the future time of the new heaven and new earth. The study can be found in English here The Second Coming, the Trumpet Blasts, the Bowls of Wrath, and Inheriting the Earth | Wisdom of God or in Spanish here La Segunda Venida, las Trompetas, las Copas de Ira y Heredando la Tierra | Sabiduria de Dios . Let us begin a discussion on this matter here.

arthra

Baha'i
Reading your prophecy study I found the following:

Then the stars fell to earth in 1833 as the great and terrifying meteor shower witnessed all over North America, which coincides with these other prophecies,
…The stars will fall from the sky like withered leaves from a grapevine, or shriveled figs from a fig tree.
(Isaiah 34:4 [NLT])
Immediately after the distress of those days… the stars will fall from the sky…
(Matthew 24:29 [NIV])
But in those days, following that distress… the stars will fall from the sky… (Mark 13:24-25 [NIV])
And so, these were warning signs that come before the dreadful day of this remaining portion of the sixth seal, which remains to be fulfilled next,...

In my Faith these signs are interpreted as the "heaven" is symbolic of a religion or dispensation.. The stars falling suggest the discrediting of the clergy of that dispensation...

it is clear and manifest that by the words "the sun shall be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven" is intended the waywardness of the divines, and the annulment of laws firmly established by divine Revelation, all of which, in symbolic language, have been foreshadowed by the Manifestation of God. None except the righteous shall partake of this cup, none but the godly can share therein. "The righteous shall drink of a cup tempered at the camphor fountain."

(Baha'u'llah, The Kitab-i-Iqan, p. 38)

Reading your prophecy study I found the following:

Then the stars fell to earth in 1833 as the great and terrifying meteor shower witnessed all over North America, which coincides with these other prophecies,
…The stars will fall from the sky like withered leaves from a grapevine, or shriveled figs from a fig tree.
(Isaiah 34:4 [NLT])
Immediately after the distress of those days… the stars will fall from the sky…
(Matthew 24:29 [NIV])
But in those days, following that distress… the stars will fall from the sky… (Mark 13:24-25 [NIV])
And so, these were warning signs that come before the dreadful day of this remaining portion of the sixth seal, which remains to be fulfilled next,...

In my Faith these signs are interpreted as the "heaven" is symbolic of a religion or dispensation.. The stars falling suggest the discrediting of the clergy of that dispensation...

it is clear and manifest that by the words "the sun shall be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven" is intended the waywardness of the divines, and the annulment of laws firmly established by divine Revelation, all of which, in symbolic language, have been foreshadowed by the Manifestation of God. None except the righteous shall partake of this cup, none but the godly can share therein. "The righteous shall drink of a cup tempered at the camphor fountain."

(Baha'u'llah, The Kitab-i-Iqan, p. 38)

There aren't figurative signs, they are literal signs. Hence why the prophecy concerning the "the sun will be darkened and the moon turned to blood" corresponds to an old testament prophecy.

arthra

Baha'i
Well I wouldn't suggest that the spiritual interpretation is any less important... but there was as you know "The Great Star Fall" of 1833...

1889.Bible_.Readings.for_.the_.Home_.Engraving.by_.Adolph.Vollmy.jpg