• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The second coming of the messiah (Ahmadi Muslim)

john313

warrior-poet
goraya15 said:
No religion, at least to my knowledge, has ever had 2 leaders that both lead the community in total harmony in respect to each other. Every strong community has one leader to guide. The imam and the messiah were the same people. Mirza Ghulam was the imam mahdi when he defended islam from mounting arguments from almost all other religions in the dark times of the 1800's. Only after when he recieved revelation from God that he was the promised messiah did he claim to be the messiah. Thus, your argument is partly correct. They both came at roughly the same time, just as the same person.
so do you believe that Jesus and John the Baptist were the same person? how about Moses and Aaron?
i'd say they were together but separate humans.

goraya15

john313 said:
so do you believe that Jesus and John the Baptist were the same person? how about Moses and Aaron?
i'd say they were together but separate humans.
what I was referring to was that before he became a messiah (i.e after revelation from God) he was fulfilling the duties of the mahdi, which were following in the footsteps of prophet Muhammed (SAW). It means that this follower of the holy prophet will set out on a mission to try to revive religious world, mainly islam. Then the promise relating to the second coming of Jesus will be fulfilled in his person and he will announce himself the Promised Messiah.

I also believe that John the Baptist was a prophet of God, though not connected to Jesus. In fact, i believe him to be the person who came as the second coming of prophet Elijah, as said by Jesus Christ. Jesus also claimed that the second coming of Elijah had already passed, but did anyone see Elijah in his same body after he died? No. Therefore, I believe that he was referring to John the Baptist.

I don't kno what your referring to about moses and aaron though. As far as i know, they were brothers.