• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Second Coming of Christ

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
If someone claims to be the returning Christ, I would not believe him unless he looks like the omnipotent, eternal, so-holy-if-you-look-at-him-you-fall-on-your-feet-in-terror God of all that he is. No,I don't mean an old bearded man.
So you would expect someone who is nothing like the Jesus described in the Gospels?

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
There's no where in Acts 11:25-26, that says the Christian name was giving only to Paul and Simon Peters ministry.
Yeshua challenged the Sanhedrin for murdering the prophets as atoning sacrifices in Matthew 23:27-38, Mark 7:1-13, and the Parable of the Wicked Husbandman (Matthew 21:33-46, Mark 12:1-12, and Luke 20:9-19).

Thus Christianity following the Pharisaic doctrine, "that the death of the righteous can atone for the sins of that generation" is why Yeshua cut off the Jews... So to make a religion up about the one thing he stood against, is absolute hypocrisy.

The early church knew this, and like the Parable of the Wheat and Tares, the Wheat is the teachings of the son of man in the Synoptic Gospels, and what is placed along side is the Tares (John, Paul, and Simon).
Jude 1:10 But these speak evil of those things which they know not: but what they know naturally, as brute beasts, in those things they corrupt themselves.
Jude 1:11 Woe to them! For they went in the way of Cain (killed their brother), and ran riotously in the error of Balaam for hire (Micah 6:5-8 = God does not require sacrifice), and perished in Korah’s rebellion (stood against God, and thus shall be destroyed).

If we try reading that in context, we can understand the Book of Jude is challenging Pauline Christian ideas that Yeshua came to die as an atoning sacrifice.
Then why did Christ chosen Paul to bear his name and his Gospel Message to the Gentiles?
There isn't any proof that Paul was appointed, we have only his word for it on the road to Damascus, where the phraseology "I Am Christ" is warned about in all 3 Synoptic Gospels (Luke 21:8, Mark 13:5-6, Matthew 24:4-5)...

If Paul had been chosen to share the Gospel message it should be the same as Christ's Gospel in the Synoptic Gospels, that by good works, giving up wealth, following the commandments, being a light unto many we can be saved Vs Paul's dead Gospel, where we just have to believe in the death of jesus.

In my opinion.
:innocent:

Neb

There have been many over the years who claimed to be the Second Coming of Christ or the reincarnation of Jesus. Below is list of notable ones:

List of people claimed to be Jesus - Wikipedia

Do you believe any of these listed or any others not listed are/were genuine?

If so, why?

If not, what evidences would you need to believe someone claiming to be the second coming of Jesus?
The second coming of the Lord Jesus Christ is “not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for Him. –Heb 9:28”, and judgment time for those people who “refused to love the truth and so be saved -2Thess 2:10”

IsaiahX

Ape That Loves
So you would expect someone who is nothing like the Jesus described in the Gospels?

Jesus came for a very different purpose the first time. He entered the world as a suffering servant (Matthew 20:28). The second time he will come in order to judge the whole world and set up his Millennial Kingdom. He has no reason to look the same during both encounters.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Yeah and that will continue all the way up to when Christ Jesus returns in his second coming. Which isn't too far away eoeith.
The second coming is behind us. All the prophecies have been fulfilled. Thief in the Night

It is 174 years behind us and it will soon be 175...
How long are Christians going to wait, forever?

Jesus us not coming back. He said so Himself before he left:

John 17:4 I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.

John 17:11 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.

There is not one Bible verse wherein Jesus says He is coming back to earth.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Jesus came for a very different purpose the first time. He entered the world as a suffering servant (Matthew 20:28). The second time he will come in order to judge the whole world and set up his Millennial Kingdom. He has no reason to look the same during both encounters.
Show me any verses where Jesus says He is coming to set up a Kingdom in this world.

John 18:36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

Jesus did what He came to do and there is no reason for Jesus to come back to earth.

John 18:37 Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth

Faithofchristian

I believe this was recognized by many in the 1800's world wide that 1844 to the 1860's that the prophesies were fulfilled.

Back in 1844, William Miller, which later became to be know as the Millerites and then later become to be know as the Southern Baptist Church.

Back in 1844 because of William Miller failed Prophecy's, at this time is when the
Seventh day Adventist Church came from. The Seventh day Adventist prophet
Ellen G.White started going over William Miller's failed Prophecy's, that she found the mistake that he made was the wrong year and date.
She found that Christ wouldn't return until the Mark of the beast is setup and establish, at which time is still further into the future.
But as it is, the Mark of the beast still hasn't been setup or establish as of yet.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Yeah and proud of it also.

Pride is bad, 'tis a sin. 'Tis detestable to the LORD.

Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall. Proverbs 16:18

When pride comes, then comes disgrace, but with humility comes wisdom. Proverbs 11:2

To fear the Lord is to hate evil; I hate pride and arrogance, evil behavior and perverse speech. Proverbs 8:13

Live in harmony with one another. Do not be proud, but be willing to associate with people of low position. Do not be conceited. Romans 12:16

Pride brings a person low, but the lowly in spirit gain honor. Proverbs 29:23

But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The Lord does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.” 1 Samuel 16:7

But, “Let the one who boasts boast in the Lord.” For it is not the one who commends himself who is approved, but the one whom the Lord commends. 2 Corinthians 10:17-18

Faithofchristian

Yeshua challenged the Sanhedrin for murdering the prophets as atoning sacrifices in Matthew 23:27-38, Mark 7:1-13, and the Parable of the Wicked Husbandman (Matthew 21:33-46, Mark 12:1-12, and Luke 20:9-19).

Thus Christianity following the Pharisaic doctrine, "that the death of the righteous can atone for the sins of that generation" is why Yeshua cut off the Jews... So to make a religion up about the one thing he stood against, is absolute hypocrisy.

The early church knew this, and like the Parable of the Wheat and Tares, the Wheat is the teachings of the son of man in the Synoptic Gospels, and what is placed along side is the Tares (John, Paul, and Simon).

Jude 1:11 Woe to them! For they went in the way of Cain (killed their brother), and ran riotously in the error of Balaam for hire (Micah 6:5-8 = God does not require sacrifice), and perished in Korah’s rebellion (stood against God, and thus shall be destroyed).

If we try reading that in context, we can understand the Book of Jude is challenging Pauline Christian ideas that Yeshua came to die as an atoning sacrifice.

There isn't any proof that Paul was appointed, we have only his word for it on the road to Damascus, where the phraseology "I Am Christ" is warned about in all 3 Synoptic Gospels (Luke 21:8, Mark 13:5-6, Matthew 24:4-5)...

If Paul had been chosen to share the Gospel message it should be the same as Christ's Gospel in the Synoptic Gospels, that by good works, giving up wealth, following the commandments, being a light unto many we can be saved Vs Paul's dead Gospel, where we just have to believe in the death of jesus.

In my opinion.
:innocent:

Not only is there Paul's word, but also those two other men that were with Paul, When Christ spoke to Paul.

It would seem since you quote the Tanakh so much that you would know more about the Tanakh than your showing you do.

In the book of Deuteronomy which is in the Tanakh and which is one of the five books of Moses.
It would seem that you would know this one thing that is written in
Deuteronomy 19:15--"One witness shall not rise up against a man for any iniquity, or for any sin, in any sin that he sinneth: at the mouth of two witnesses, or at the mouth of three witnesses, shall the matter be established"

So what you have according to what is written in Deuteronomy 19:15,
You have the two men that were with Paul being two witnesses and you have Christ himself as the third witness.

So as it is written in Deuteronomy 19:15. At the mouth of two witnesses or at the mouth of three witnesses, shall the matter be established.

It seems you have an awful hard time in believing Christ and those two witnesses. At lease if you didn't believe those two witnesses, it would seem you would at lease believe Christ.
Why should you. Everyone that Christ chosen your found criticizing.
But yet you say Christ is the Messiah. But yet you can't believe Christ. So what's wrong with that picture.

Last edited:

Faithofchristian

The second coming is behind us. All the prophecies have been fulfilled. Thief in the Night

It is 174 years behind us and it will soon be 175...
How long are Christians going to wait, forever?

Jesus us not coming back. He said so Himself before he left:

John 17:4 I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.

John 17:11 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.

There is not one Bible verse wherein Jesus says He is coming back to earth.

It's really to bad you haven't a clue or idea what your talking about.

Faithofchristian

Pride is bad, 'tis a sin. 'Tis detestable to the LORD.

Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall. Proverbs 16:18

When pride comes, then comes disgrace, but with humility comes wisdom. Proverbs 11:2

To fear the Lord is to hate evil; I hate pride and arrogance, evil behavior and perverse speech. Proverbs 8:13

Live in harmony with one another. Do not be proud, but be willing to associate with people of low position. Do not be conceited. Romans 12:16

Pride brings a person low, but the lowly in spirit gain honor. Proverbs 29:23

But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The Lord does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.” 1 Samuel 16:7

But, “Let the one who boasts boast in the Lord.” For it is not the one who commends himself who is approved, but the one whom the Lord commends. 2 Corinthians 10:17-18

It all depends on what way, that a person being proud of, Seeing that I'm Proud of being a Christian follower of Christ there's absolutely positively nothing wrong in that.
Nice try though.

Marcion

gopa of humanity's controversial Taraka Brahma
IF God exists there is a universal perspective of the religions. I believe there is a progressive nature of the religions discounting the claims of exclusiveness of the different religions
Perhaps then this 'universal perspective' lies beyond the narrow boundaries of religions and is found more where this (all too narrow) concept of religion is absent.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
It all depends on what way, that a person being proud of, Seeing that I'm Proud of being a Christian follower of Christ there's absolutely positively nothing wrong in that.
Nice try though.

Yeah, uh... no.

Wrong answer. Sorry, sorry.

alex-trebek-port-2011-a-p.jpg

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Show me any verses where Jesus says He is coming to set up a Kingdom in this world.
John 18:36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.
Jesus did what He came to do and there is no reason for Jesus to come back to earth.
John 18:37 Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth

I find Jesus asked us to pray for God's Kingdom 'to come' (thy kingdom come) and God's will (purpose) to be done on here on Earth as it is being done in Heaven. In other words, God's will for Heaven is No crime, No war, No sickness, and No death in Heaven. We are praying those same good heavenly conditions to come and exist here on Earth.

Gospel writer John wrote to us to pray the invitation of Revelation 22:20 for Jesus to come !
Come and bring the benefits of Revelation 22:2 to Earth in order for the meek to inherit the Earth.
So, by Jesus, being King of God's Kingdom of Daniel 2:44 for one-thousand years, means his kingdom government is located in Heaven and its heavenly blessings and benefits will come to Earth.
Mankind will see the return of the Genesis ' Tree of Life ' on Earth for the ' healing ' of earth's nations.
Jesus will fulfill God's promise to father Abraham that ALL families of Earth will be blessed, and ALL nations of Earth will be blessed. Blessed with the benefit of healing for earth's nations.- Genesis 12:3; Genesis 18:18; 22:18.
So, God's Kingdom is Not part of men's kingdoms or governments but separate, and it will govern over all other kingdoms or governments as per Daniel 2:44 and thus stand forever.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Perhaps then this 'universal perspective' lies beyond the narrow boundaries of religions................................

I find there are No boundaries in the ' universal perspective ' about God's kingdom government of Daniel 2:44.
Since Jesus is King of God's Kingdom, then the boundary is within the realm of his rulership over all of Earth.
So, instead of religions (plural) what will stand is what Jesus taught.
God's Kingdom government has No boundaries or borders found located on any map, but universal in governing.
In that way the humble meek people will inherit the Earth as Jesus promised at Matthew 5:5. - Psalms 37:9-11.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
The second coming of the Lord Jesus Christ is “not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for Him. –Heb 9:28”, and judgment time for those people who “refused to love the truth and so be saved -2Thess 2:10”

I find the ^ above ^ to be in harmony with Matthew 25:31-33,37,40.
We are nearing a soon coming judgement ' time of separation ' on Earth.
The humble ' sheep'-like people will be saved (delivered / rescued) through the coming great tribulation of Revelation 7:14, and they can remain alive on Earth, and continue to live on Earth right into the start of calendar Day One of Jesus' coming 1,000-year governmental rule over Earth.

After getting caught up in these types of discussions when I was younger I have come to the conclusion that they are not profitable, unless they are (from a Christian perspective) directing people to Christ. There is so much we don't know, even as Christians taught of God, that there is much disagreement among Christians who even believe the same one gospel message, yet cannot agree on end times doctrine. And we are instructed in Scripture to do all things unto edification, the building up of the body of Christ. Confusion does not engender edification, I have found. As several wise preachers have also spoken to this and God has enlightened me thereby.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
The world has been ending, having signs and portents for the past 2,000 years. Every decade and century is in the end times.

I find there is basically nothing really wrong with speculation about the end times (end times of all badness on Earth).
What most speculations amounts to is that simply the speculations are wrong, and Not Scripture being wrong.
What is ending is the world of badness and Not the Earth.

By the now international proclaiming about the 'good news of God's kingdom' of Daniel 2:44 being now done on such a vast global scale as never before in history is showing we are now at the 'final phase' of Matthew 24:14; Acts 1:8.
This means we are also nearing the 'final signal' announcement of 1 Thessalonians 5:2-3 to come.
The 'powers that be ' will be saying, "Peace and Security..." but that will prove to be the precursor to the coming great tribulation of Revelation 7:14 before Jesus, as Prince of Peace, will usher in global Peace on Earth among persons of goodwill.