• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Second Coming of Christ

Faithofchristian

WWI and WWII were apocalyptic along with the great depression. Didn't the stars fall from heaven and the sun dimmed? That's the problem with messianic prophecy. If you aren't ready then Christ comes and is gone again, before you know it, like a thief in the night.

The problem with that analogy, is that Christ Jesus is not referring to the actual stars that we see up in the sky at night.
But as it maybe, people will look at things that are common to them and not realizing that God's thoughts are not our thoughts nor is God's way our ways.

So when Christ Jesus said in the book of
Mark 13:25---"And the stars of heaven shall fall, and the powers that are in heaven shall be shaken"
Those are not actually stars that we see out at night above the earth.
So where in the bible that will tell actually what those stars and represents?

Let's go to the book of Revelation and find out what exactly what those stars represents.

Revelation 1:20--" The mystery of the seven stars which thou sawest in my right hand, and the seven golden candlesticks. The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches: and the seven candlesticks which thou sawest are the seven churches"

So here we find stars representing angels.

So the stars that Christ Jesus said the stars of heaven shall fall.
Seeing that Satan and his angels are cast out of heaven, that means, Satan's angels representing the stars that shall from heaven.

Last edited:

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
I'd have to either see them a) personally or b) covered by the mass media as public events

So is it safe for me to conclude that you don't believe that Jesus of the Bible is divine or that he performed miracles since you didn't see them and they were not covered by mass media as public events?

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
So is it safe for me to conclude that you don't believe that Jesus of the Bible is divine or that he performed miracles since you didn't see them and they were not covered by mass media as public events?

I'm open as to whether or not Jesus was divine and performed miracles, It's just that I find the proof to be unsatisfactory

Faithofchristian

How many times have we seen the Salvation from God (Yeshua - H3444), physically manifest something in the Bible? ;)

In my opinion.
:innocent:

There are only two times.

The first time when Christ Jesus came here on earth and died on the cross.

The second time is when Christ Jesus returns back to the earth.
So there are not no 3 times.

So as to where people get that Christ Jesus coming as being 3 times, is anyone guess. Sure don't get it out of the bible that's for sure.

Faithofchristian

Since clouds hide or obscure something that leads me to think just as Jesus disappeared in the clouds then his return would be clouded or Not visible.
The resurrected Ascended-to-Heaven Jesus has his pre-human spirit body, Not a physical body.
So, a spirit body does Not have to be seen with physical eyes, but with the mind's eyes of understanding.
That is why Jesus gave us 'composite events' happening as in both Matthew 24 and Luke 21 as a sign for us.
Besides the international global proclaiming about God's kingdom of Daniel 2:44 now in its final phase, that means to me we are nearing the ' final signal ', so to speak, of 1 Thessalonians 5:2-3 when the 'powers that be' will be saying, "Peace and Security" as the precursor to the coming great tribulation of Revelation 7:14 before Jesus, as Prince of Peace, ushers in global Peace on Earth among person's of goodwill.

What leads you to think that those clouds are actually clouds that we see up in the sky?

Faithofchristian

How many times have we seen the Salvation from God (Yeshua - H3444), physically manifest something in the Bible? ;)

In my opinion.

Seeing you rated my post as being optimistic, then can you explain just how you come by Christ Jesus coming as being
3 times?
Seeing that Christ Jesus came the first time and died on the cross.
Christ Jesus second coming is yet to happen.
So if I'm not wrong, by adding 1+1= 2
And not 3.
So how do you get 3 times?

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
Seeing you rated my post as being optimistic, then can you explain just how you come by Christ Jesus coming as being
3 times?
Because our question was not about a physical person; yet the Salvation of God (Yeshua)...

So when we do a word search on H3444 in a Bible software like Esword it shows all occurrences.
  • We see the Right Arm the Lord separating the Red Sea in Exodus 14:13, thus bringing us Salvation.
  • The Lord promise David that if the Children of Ammon are too strong in 2 Samuel 10:11, then the Lord will fight against them, becoming our Salvation (2 Chronicles 20:17 Jehoshaphat Vs Ammon).
  • In Isaiah 52:10 the Lord said he will become our Salvation, and appear as an anointed son of man.
  • In Psalms 98:3 we see the nations all see the Salvation of our God become king.
This is just a start of specific H3444 references, as every time we've seen miracles manifest in the scriptures, this is the Right Arm of the Lord interacting with mankind.

In my opinion. :innocent:

Faithofchristian

Because our question was not about a physical person; yet the Salvation of God (Yeshua)...

So when we do a word search on H3444 in a Bible software like Esword it shows all occurrences.
  • We see the Right Arm the Lord separating the Red Sea in Exodus 14:13, thus bringing us Salvation.
  • The Lord promise David that if the Children of Ammon are too strong in 2 Samuel 10:11, then the Lord will fight against them, becoming our Salvation (2 Chronicles 20:17 Jehoshaphat Vs Ammon).
  • In Isaiah 52:10 the Lord said he will become our Salvation, and appear as an anointed son of man.
  • In Psalms 98:3 we see the nations all see the Salvation of our God become king.
This is just a start of specific H3444 references, as every time we've seen miracles manifest in the scriptures, this is the Right Arm of the Lord interacting with mankind.

So what does all that have to do with Christ Jesus as coming 3 times?

wizanda

Premium Member
So what does all that have to do with Christ Jesus as coming 3 times?
His name is Yeshua, 'jesus' is a made up word; which means there are tons of metaphors about him in the Tanakh, as he is the Spirit of the Lord (YHVH) speaking.

How many times do we see the Lord appearing in the Tanakh? ;)

Faithofchristian

His name is Yeshua, 'jesus' is a made up word; which means there are tons of metaphors about him in the Tanakh, as he is the Spirit of the Lord (YHVH) speaking.

How many times do we see the Lord appearing in the Tanakh? ;)

The Tanakh / Torah, does not include the New testament scriptures of the Christian bible.

So by the New testament scriptures of the Christian bible, given in the Greek and Hebrew languages,
gives Jesus as his name in the Greek language.
I've read the Tanakh / Torah, many times, but the Tanakh / Torah, does not include the New testament scriptures of the Christian bible.

By the way, do you have any idea who Christians are and how Christians came to be?

wizanda

Premium Member
By the way, do you have any idea who Christians are and how Christians came to be?
Having spent well over 14 years debating, and studying religions...

This is why we're explaining in the Old Testament - Yeshua is the Lord (YHVH).
gives Jesus as his name in the Greek language.
The name 'jesus' is said to be a transliteration from Hebrew 'Yeshua' into 'Iesous', which became 'Iesus' in Latin, and 'jesus' in English...

Yet considering there is one of the Druid Trinity called 'Esus'; think it makes more sense they just borrowed the name from Pagan beliefs, like they did everything else.

In my opinion.

Faithofchristian

The name 'jesus' is said to be a transliteration from Hebrew 'Yeshua' into 'Iesous', which became 'Iesus' in Latin, and 'jesus' in English...

Yet considering there is one of the Druid Trinity called 'Esus'; think it makes more sense they just borrowed the name from Pagan beliefs, like they did everything else.

In my opinion.

When king James back in 1611, had those
40 men to translate the Greek and Hebrew languages into English language.
That's how the name Jesus came about in the Christian bible.
Thats Why it's called the
( 1611 king James Version)

Have you any idea where Christians came from and how the name Christian came from.

Last edited:

Faithofchristian

In my opinion.

Well seeing you rated my post again optimistic, tells that you have no clue or idea what the Christian bible confirm's or supports

wizanda

Premium Member
Have you any idea where Christians came from and how the name Christian came from.
The name Christian was first applied in Antioch, where it was given to Paul and Simon peter's ministry (Acts 11:25-26)...

Christ is a translation of messiah meaning an anointed one, and Christians meant a diminutive follower of the Christ.

Since the early church of Yeshua (Followers of the Way, Ebionites, James, etc) stood against Paul's Christianity as being Anti-Christ; then it is blatant what Christianity fulfills in detail.

Faithofchristian

The name Christian was first applied in Antioch, where it was given to Paul and Simon peter's ministry (Acts 11:25-26)...

Christ is a translation of messiah meaning an anointed one, and Christians meant a diminutive follower of the Christ.

Since the early church of Yeshua (Followers of the Way, Ebionites, James, etc) stood against Paul's Christianity as being Anti-Christ; then it is blatant what Christianity fulfills in detail.

Christian = Christ.
Christ = Christian.
So when you condemn Christians, your also condemning Christ also. Seeing how Christian is taken from Christ = Christian.

If to what you say is right, about how James etc) stood against Paul, then why did James and the other disciples give the right hand in fellowship to Paul and why would Christ chosen Paul to take his Gospel Message to the Gentiles.
Galatians 2:9--"And when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision"
So if Paul is what you say, then why is James and John giving Paul the right hand of fellowship.

Acts 9:15--"But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel"

Here we find Christ plainly telling An-a-ni-as, one of his disciples that Paul is a chosen vessel unto him, to bear his name before the Gentiles. Book of Acts 9:10-15.
So if Paul is what your saying, Then why did Christ chosen Paul to bear his name and his Gospel Message to the Gentiles?

You sure are not making any Sense.

Here's what you said (The name Christian was first applied in Antioch, where it was given to Paul and Simon peter's ministry (Acts 11:25-26)

There's no where in Acts 11:25-26, that says the Christian name was giving only to Paul and Simon Peters ministry.
You need to read it again it plainly said
Acts 11:26--"And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch"

Note that it said ( And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch)

Note ( disciples) as in many and not
( disciple) as in one.
So according to Acts 11:26, this includes all the Disciples, and not just Paul and Simon Peter, As you say.

In your speaking about ( The Way)
In Acts 24:14--" But this I confess unto thee, that after the way which they call heresy, so worship I the God of my fathers, believing all things which are written in the law and in the prophets"

Who's exactly is calling ( The Way) heresy?
Why of course those Jews who did not believe in Christ and had Christ crucified. And to think those Jews are the ones you stand in supporting against Christ and Paul and all the other Disciples.

And it was these very Jews who seek to kill Paul, because Paul went about preaching in the name of Christ. It seems by what your saying that you could be very well the children of those Jews who seek to kill Paul and Crucified Christ.
It was Christ himself who chosen Paul to bear his name and gospel to the Gentiles.
You do know that Christ did say, as you do unto one these, who have done it unto me Christ.
So when you condemn Paul, your actually condemning Christ also.it was Christ himself who chosen Paul. But yet you condemn Paul who was actually chosen by Christ himself.

Acts 9:22-25--"But Saul( who's sir name was Paul) increased the more in strength, and confounded the Jews which dwelt at Damascus, proving that this is very Christ.

23 And after that many days were fulfilled, the Jews took counsel to kill him:

24 But their laying await was known of Saul. And they watched the gates day and night to kill him"

25 Then the disciples took him by night, and let him down by the wall in a basket"

Here's what you said which is a false statement ( Since the early church of Yeshua (Followers of the Way, Ebionites, James, etc) stood against Paul's Christianity as being Anti-Christ; then it is blatant what Christianity fulfills in detail)

But yet James and John are found in giving Paul the right hand of fellowship.

All your doing is giving yourself away as to who are, Those Jews back at that time, crucified Christ and now are trying to kill Paul and all the others disciples for Preaching in the name of Christ.

And now you are found in trying to destroy Paul, the same as those Jews did back then. That those Jews are the very same ones who crucified Christ and now your found in doing the same thing to day in trying to destroy Paul that Christ himself chosen to take his Gospel Message to the Gentiles.
You see all your doing is giving away yourself, I know your trying to do the same as those Jews did back then, trying to kill Paul and your seeking about to day to do the same thing to kill Paul.

You do know all your doing is fulfilling Prophecy in the book of Jude it is written
Verse 8--"Likewise also these filthy dreamers defile the flesh, despise Dominion, and speak evil of dignities"

What this means is, that your speaking against Paul the very one who Christ himself chosen to bear his name to the Gentiles, you are found in fulfilling Prophecy.
Jude 10-11--"
10 But these speak evil of those things which they know not: but what they know naturally, as brute beasts, in those things they corrupt themselves.

11 Woe unto them! for they have gone in the way of Cain, and ran greedily after the error of Balaam for reward, and perished in the gainsaying of Core"

Last edited:

Faithofchristian

The wars and disaster with losses and suffering in the millions began in the early 1800's and continue to increase in intensity and lose of life in the millions.

Yeah and that will continue all the way up to when Christ Jesus returns in his second coming. Which isn't too far away eoeith.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Are you asking for evidence of historical Jesus, or evidence for the resurrected Christ?
I'm not personally looking for either.

My main thought is that if Jesus laid out the criteria for how to spot the "Second Coming," then you can't be any more certain that someone really us the Second Coming than you are that Jesus really lived, really said what's attributed to him, and really was what he said.