• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"The Science of Premonitions" (Dr. Larry Dossey)

Regolith Based Lifeforms

Early Earth Was Not Sterile
I also did scan the top of each post to get an idea of who's who and their positions on this subject. If i were on the forum i came here from, i would not have even felt "safe" to post any of this.
Thank You for this wonderful thread!

Regolith Based Lifeforms

Interesting to me is clocks show up in so many stories again and again.......I wondered if Moody touches on this?
It all looks pretty similar to me, just with no string of deaths involved. I don't believe so much in a bible based concept of God. I'm rather science based in my perceptions and opinions, but I'm open to anything that is a repeatedly observable phenomenon that behaves in a consistent way so as to be at least somewhat predictable and this has showed itself to be just that. I would say i had become somewhat reliant on this consistent behavior and possible predictability when i prevented any possibility of my car moving BEFORE that little kid was in front of it, before the kid even moved!
(I Am 'moved')
I still am very cautious with that kind of thinking, but when the conditions seem right, i am on passive observation mode and i use a simple binary code machine logic to catch instances of this phenomenon as they occur. All is assumed to be 0 until there is an occurrence 1. Occurrence is checked for symmetries to other events, each symmetry is a 1.
When a pattern of interrelated 1,s appears, i know it's on and the weirdest part is that almost none of the symmetries are ambiguous, but the very few that have been have been characterized by a an A - B choice and it's up to me to choose which choice bears the greatest number of symmetries. Pretty simple and very effective to the point of
YIIIIKES!
I'm sorry, this is just NOT classical physics at all, but it sort of acts like it because of the consistent behavior of it through all of my experiences, now checked against the details in these posts above. This checks out very well to all my observations of this phenomenon. I should also note on the subject of clocks that i have noted many times such significant experiences correlate to a certain number appearing after any given hour an a digital clock with such regularity that it APPEARS to be as a consciously and deliberate effort to make sure i see it right at the time of such experiences. That number occurring in the 1 o clock hour during a very significant experience is very common, if anything about this phenomenon could possibly be considered "common".
If this is God, then God is a lot more and somewhat different than what's described in any bible. Oh, and also, I'm NO fan of Paul the apostle (if that's St Paul) at all, but i'm not surprised to find him here in the professor's accounts of his experiences.
(i'm about that bible literate)

Regolith Based Lifeforms

I just watched most of the first one (one hour and a half each). Now I think he is spending too much of his energy looking over his shoulder and responding to these devout no-holds-barred materialists (pseudo-skeptics who are often mislabeled 'skeptics'). I think he needs to move on and discuss details of his morphic resonance theory with diagrams and etc.. The number of experiments done followed by even more will never get the pseudo-skeptics to acknowledge the so-called paranormal. The problem is the media will always go to these pseudo-skeptics and the game goes on forever in the public mind.

I agree.
The mechanics of this phenomenon are described every day in the popular media. ONLY in all the scary movies. The media KNOWS about this and is doing everything possible to make us afraid of it!
The only true horror movie is life without this beautiful phenomenon, just thought it only fair to the phenomenon to point that out.

Regolith Based Lifeforms

@Regolith Based Lifeforms Can you give us a typical example of what this phenomena looks like? Maybe explain the one with the car/mother/kid again more slowly as I didn't understand it.
Well, it looks as though something is amiss. I'm sorry, i thought my reports of premonitions and coincidences would be helpful, perhaps add to a growing body of knowledge for all of us, but
1. No one has posted on this thread in a year.
2. I do not have a sensational and emotionally captivating string of death and destruction.
3. i do not believe in the bible god.
Looks as though you should stick to stupid scary movies and just forget all this. This is something to be cherished and respected and in light of that i have no problem with deleting these posts. This is not for the careless, the UNcaring or the immature and it is NOT(necessarily) a phenomenon of death and destruction as the good reverend professor has strongly suggested.
One big long scary movie from the professor is not really helping us without at least a second perspective to compare with.
Where did anyone ever get the f****d-up idea that this must always be associated with death and horror when it has been so logical and forgiving with me? Surely many people are experiencing this without the horror. Surely, after some initial surprise, shock and a bit of outright fear, someone else has worked this out and is on a more pleasant and beneficial journey of discovery with this! I wonder if the professor has considered what this thing is really reacting to and that it might be reacting to one's most internal information or deepest truth if that's an easier term to relate to rather than the superficial information so many try to fool others with? I have determined from many personal experiences and through many observations and controlled tests that if your external information does not match your internal information, this phenomenon is MOST DEFINITELY scary, unpleasant and possibly hazardous as will be one's experiences in general when someone is disingenuous. Do YOU believe it's even possible for anyone to have matching internal and external information and to be a truly good person without a religious crutch like a bible or publicly professed belief in a single man-made definition of deity?
It's not like the two sets of information between the professor and i are reporting are completely different sets of characteristics and mechanics here, now is it?
I don't need a bible to tell me not to cast pearls before coin dealers.
(They only buy gold and silver, not gemstones)

Last edited: