• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Satan

THE DEVIL

Gerani1248 said:
but doesnt the pentacle represent the devine proportion? pHI? (and its more than the da vinci code)

Can you describe what the devine proportion is? I'm not familiar with the Dan Brown book... or this popular code. Can you elaborate?

Ardhanariswar

I'm back!
like if you divide the the measure of one long segmant by the shorter one in the pentacle, you get the divine proportion 1.618 (it continues). same with the human body and anything in nature. divide the length from you shoulder to ur fingertips by the length of your elbow to ur fingertips. voila, you should get a number around 1.618, since everyone's body differs. try with any two lengths in ur body. likeyour legs, your total height.

it has to be more than a coincidence. i veiw the pentacle as a mere representation of nature, not about religion. just like my avatar symbol (shri yantra of sri Lakshmi devi, devine consort of Sri Vishnu).

"One wouldn't even have to call the pentacle a religion. What need for that? You might say that the pentacle is the satan. Wear one... and see your life change... that is if you are up to it. You'd have to want to."

have you heard of the placebo effect?

THE DEVIL

Gerani1248 said:
like if you divide the the measure of one long segmant by the shorter one in the pentacle, you get the divine proportion 1.618 (it continues). same with the human body and anything in nature. divide the length from you shoulder to ur fingertips by the length of your elbow to ur fingertips. voila, you should get a number around 1.618, since everyone's body differs. try with any two lengths in ur body. likeyour legs, your total height.

it has to be more than a coincidence. i veiw the pentacle as a mere representation of nature, not about religion. just like my avatar symbol (shri yantra of sri Lakshmi devi, devine consort of Sri Vishnu).

"One wouldn't even have to call the pentacle a religion. What need for that? You might say that the pentacle is the satan. Wear one... and see your life change... that is if you are up to it. You'd have to want to."

have you heard of the placebo effect?

Yes that's interesting.

I've heard of the placebo effect... but thankfully I've never needed to know it. My drugs have always been potent, thank you very much!

lol.

Ardhanariswar

I'm back!
ive heard that it can cure cancer in some cases if the patient believes so. lol. i might try that. hopefully i can get smarter, and perhaps skinnier! :lol:

Muad'dib

This post is ridiculous. Don't you realize that "Satan" and "God" are two halves of one whole? They are one and the same thing. Both are energies present in the universe, and both are personified by human-animals so to gain control over other human-animals. True Humans know there is no old guy in the sky waiting to welcome people in heaven, and no red guy in the depths of the earth damning people. Nor do any other personfications of these forces exist. They are just ways of looking at the creative and destructive forces of energy.

Ardhanariswar

I'm back!
Muad'dib said:
This post is ridiculous. Don't you realize that "Satan" and "God" are two halves of one whole? They are one and the same thing. Both are energies present in the universe, and both are personified by human-animals so to gain control over other human-animals. True Humans know there is no old guy in the sky waiting to welcome people in heaven, and no red guy in the depths of the earth damning people. Nor do any other personfications of these forces exist. They are just ways of looking at the creative and destructive forces of energy.

thats a good perspective. I dont believe that there is a red guy either. niether do i believe theres an old guy in white robes with a long beard (a zeus like figure) up in the sky. i believe that God and the Devil exist within us and within nature. they are not separate entites i believe.

THE DEVIL

As to whether this one exists independently to that one. Or if one is apart of "nature". I believe that there are indeed differences. Forces may have owners and "offshoots." I think what these last few posts are struggling with is, does Satan have a personality. Indeed he would. His abilities would extend far beyond the ordinary mortal.

It's nice to look at things as if were going to last beyond the living plane. Perhaps some will, yet I think that most of us realize that most do not. Which makes good sense.

Pride and circumstance are not always conducive to a long spritual existance. What seems long to us in life, say 1,000 or 2000 years isn't that long after death.

Muad'dib

See, I understand what you're saying, but I can't agree. "Good" and "evil" are completely subjective terms. I think God is beyond subjectivity; he is an objective reality, a static truth untouched by human perception. All religions hold that he has the power to destroy, and most agree that he has done so in the past. Thus he wields creative and destructive powers. "God" and "Satan" are simply different archetypes of these two dual natures of God.

Muad'dib

As to whether this one exists independently to that one. Or if one is apart of "nature". I believe that there are indeed differences.

Of course there are differences. The difference is that I didn't even bring up the second. I never once suggested that God or Satan is apart from "nature", so you must be pulling that out of your ***. I suggested that they are personifications (illusions) of something INHERENT in nature.

Forces may have owners and "offshoots."

Or they may NOT. Duh. Why can't they just be forces? Why do they have to be forces who are walking around and thinking and hating/loving and exibiting all kinds of remarkably human-like behavior?

I think what these last few posts are struggling with is, does Satan have a personality.

I didn't struggle with anything. There was no question at all in my posts. It was flat out rejection of the notion of a force having a personality or other human-like qualities. I said no.

Indeed he would.

Indeed he would not. You are gratifying your own ego by applying your characteristics to God (or your notion of God). In truth, there is absolutely no reason that God must be human-like.

His abilities would extend far beyond the ordinary mortal.

Yeah, "would". If "he" existed. Yes, the destructive force exists. Yes, it has plenty of control over us mere mortals, and can screw royally with our lives. This does not mean that it is a "he", that it has any human-like qualities at all.

It's nice to look at things as if were going to last beyond the living plane.

Yes, it is nice, but this doesn't mean that it will. Pipe dreams are nothing but that: nice dreams that we HOPE will be reality, but do not necessarily have to BE reality. The notion of a personified, human-like God is a pipe dream.

Perhaps some will, yet I think that most of us realize that most do not. Which makes good sense.

Most, but not all? Is that what you are suggesting, that some people continue to last beyond the living plane but most do not? Why in the world is it not an absolute? Either there is an afterlife or there is not. Make up your goddamn mind!

Pride and circumstance are not always conducive to a long spritual existance. What seems long to us in life, say 1,000 or 2000 years isn't that long after death.

What are you trying to say? Are you suggesting that belief in an afterlife is prideful, but belief in a God who is remarkably similar to us is NOT prideful?

THE DEVIL

Muad'dib said:
As to whether this one exists independently to that one. Or if one is apart of "nature". I believe that there are indeed differences.

Of course there are differences. The difference is that I didn't even bring up the second. I never once suggested that God or Satan is apart from "nature", so you must be pulling that out of your ***. I suggested that they are personifications (illusions) of something INHERENT in nature.

Forces may have owners and "offshoots."

Or they may NOT. Duh. Why can't they just be forces? Why do they have to be forces who are walking around and thinking and hating/loving and exibiting all kinds of remarkably human-like behavior?

I think what these last few posts are struggling with is, does Satan have a personality.

I didn't struggle with anything. There was no question at all in my posts. It was flat out rejection of the notion of a force having a personality or other human-like qualities. I said no.

Indeed he would.

Indeed he would not. You are gratifying your own ego by applying your characteristics to God (or your notion of God). In truth, there is absolutely no reason that God must be human-like.

His abilities would extend far beyond the ordinary mortal.

Yeah, "would". If "he" existed. Yes, the destructive force exists. Yes, it has plenty of control over us mere mortals, and can screw royally with our lives. This does not mean that it is a "he", that it has any human-like qualities at all.

It's nice to look at things as if were going to last beyond the living plane.

Yes, it is nice, but this doesn't mean that it will. Pipe dreams are nothing but that: nice dreams that we HOPE will be reality, but do not necessarily have to BE reality. The notion of a personified, human-like God is a pipe dream.

Perhaps some will, yet I think that most of us realize that most do not. Which makes good sense.

Most, but not all? Is that what you are suggesting, that some people continue to last beyond the living plane but most do not? Why in the world is it not an absolute? Either there is an afterlife or there is not. Make up your ***damn mind!

What are you trying to say? Are you suggesting that belief in an afterlife is prideful, but belief in a God who is remarkably similar to us is NOT prideful?

Well.... I don't think you have much of an interest in discussing these matters. You seem to be sure of what you believe and I wouldn't want to persuade you otherwise.

faith

Hi Devil,

I was intrigued to see your statement that the picture you posted was a factually correct representation of Satan.

What makes you so certain?

Historically verbal, written and artistic representations have also portrayed him in reptilian forms ie: dragon, amphibious fish/lizard like creature, the snake as well as in the form of a goat like creature etc. The Christian bible of course gives all these accounts and refers to him also as "the beast".

So if your account is factually correct (and I would like to know why you make such a claim) how do you explain countless historical viewings which show him in another form?. Do you believe it is possible for satan to take on such likenesses?

I must say that from my own knowledge and understanding, these encounters/manifestations of satan are not confined to the "historic".

In fact one mans present day encounters with satan (whom he has drawn or depicted resembling a reptilian like creature - see www.waroftheangels.com) is currently being made into a full scale documentary and movie.

Allan

We will not recognise Satan because we are existing in that power. If the Devil took over the world in one man it would not be obvious because he would appeal to our natural, normal perceptions.

When Jesus appears the power will blow our sox off. Be prepared, wear bare feet.

Allan

Muad'dib said:
See, I understand what you're saying, but I can't agree. "Good" and "evil" are completely subjective terms. I think God is beyond subjectivity; he is an objective reality, a static truth untouched by human perception. All religions hold that he has the power to destroy, and most agree that he has done so in the past. Thus he wields creative and destructive powers. "God" and "Satan" are simply different archetypes of these two dual natures of God.

Humans are playing out the destructiveness of satan in our technology, how we interact with each other. From the family, to nations between races, cultures. Business, war even good realationships.

The destructiveness can not be allowed to reach into the universe. Rebelliousness is similar to witchcraft and witchcraft is an ability to penerate the subconscious. It takes self empowerment.

An example; I was listening to the radio late and a singer, Conny Francis, sang a song. I am resonably sensitive and partly asleep and her power was very subtly effecting me slightly lower than my stomach. Different people energize different areas and have more or less power.

Reaction to the inner touch could be sadness, Guilt, anger, hate, envy.

I will not sit and listen to a person that gives me the wrong sensations.
Actually sometimes I do but it can take sometime to clear what is lodged in my subconscious.

A God realized person who had completed an act of mental purification would affect and energize another sensitive person in the heart region.

All humans are locked in a subconscious energy producing counter reaction that ultimately leads to conflict and poor judgement.

Muad'dib said:

If God had a dual nature, both good and evil, why does everyone prefer good.If God is both, there should be NO preferance in choosing good over evil !! If God is both, killing somebody and loving somebody would be the same !! The above quote is ABSOLUTELY NOT TRUE !! God can only be good !!!

Cheers

huajiro

Isnt Satan supposed to be purely evil? I have had friends who were Satanic and they only worshipped Satan, that is all they did. I would think that just as someone who believes in the Christian "God" might strive to emulate Jesus, the Satanists would strive to emulate Satan, and therefore would try to promote vices, violence, pain, suffering, etc.

If this is the case, why don't you hear about the KKK or skinheads being Satanic, or any other such groups?

THE DEVIL

faith said:
Hi Devil,

I was intrigued to see your statement that the picture you posted was a factually correct representation of Satan.

What makes you so certain?

Historically verbal, written and artistic representations have also portrayed him in reptilian forms ie: dragon, amphibious fish/lizard like creature, the snake as well as in the form of a goat like creature etc. The Christian bible of course gives all these accounts and refers to him also as "the beast".

So if your account is factually correct (and I would like to know why you make such a claim) how do you explain countless historical viewings which show him in another form?. Do you believe it is possible for satan to take on such likenesses?

I must say that from my own knowledge and understanding, these encounters/manifestations of satan are not confined to the "historic".

In fact one mans present day encounters with satan (whom he has drawn or depicted resembling a reptilian like creature - see www.waroftheangels.com) is currently being made into a full scale documentary and movie.
Yes, I've been away for awhile... Well Satan isn't The Devil you know... As Jesus is often confused for God so Satan is confused as The Devil. Sometimes you might think that "The Devil" is anything that seems bigger than we can handle. What if "The Devil" is the actual creator... of creation... God isn't the creator of all creation we all know that... yet that surely doesn't diminish God in any way, as he is his own creator.

Anyway, not to get off track... Well many have said that that portrait of Satan was ugly... I see it as very beautiful... I see Satan there in hell being very successful... the expression is seemingly as if he's having a bad time, but Satan is very much that way. That's Satan in hell, yet he's elsewhere as well, but his "features" may be hard at first to see. There is success in hell you know... it surely isn't easy there but, of course Satan will succeed there rather marvoulously.

Well I don't think that Satan is the Beast either. We really should give only one title per person... I think that the beast is a christian that isn't like the other christians... the beast has always seemed to be about the christians... most likely a christian murderer who has a hard time waiting for the judgement of The Lord. It's hard to wait for that as it seems that all christians might have to be accounted for before it begins! Which I'm sure that christians are looking forward to... I won't be there but I'm sure it's bound to be damn interesting. I feel that the beast will be quite successful... I don't see why he wouldn't make it with Jesus in the end... after all he'd end up being very valuable to Jesus...But he sure would get back at every christian who'd done him wrong...

So there is a caution there... for strategies sake.

THE DEVIL

Allan said:
We will not recognise Satan because we are existing in that power. If the Devil took over the world in one man it would not be obvious because he would appeal to our natural, normal perceptions.

When Jesus appears the power will blow our sox off. Be prepared, wear bare feet.
Yes, you all don't recognize satan... he could be tom cruise for all you know...

These warnings are very wise.