• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Rolling Stones

Riders

So sense there was good stuff about Mick under my Aerosmith thread thought Id out this up. I saw a bio on Mick Jagger maybe 15 or 20 years ago its been awhile.

All I remember is that Mick himself though he did do some drugs in the 60's lsd pot maybe cocain, but he never really got addicted, he could his drugs and alcohol.

I don't know that that's true maybe someone will say its not. Also his dad as a Gym teacher and Mick was always very active. I dont remember anything else, though we all know hes a womanizer.

My favorite Stones sings top 10

1. Lets Spend The Night Together
2. Beast Of Burden
3. Miss You
4. Wild Horses
5. Paint It Black
6. Under My Thumb
7. Not fade Away
8. Little T and A
9.Emotional rescue
10. Time

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Paint it Black (probably my most favorite)
Gimme Shelter
Sympathy for the Devil
Moonlight Mile
Satisfaction
You Can't Always Get What You Want

Altfish

Veteran Member
Sympathy for the Devil
You Can't Always Get What You Want
Gimme Shelter
Honky Tonk Women
Wild Horses
Under My Thumb
She's A Rainbow
Get Off of My Cloud
Let's Spend the Night Together
2000 Light Years From Home

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
My favorite Stones sings top 10

1. Lets Spend The Night Together
Funny as that's my favorite, and the reason is that this is what my old girlfriend told me she wanted to do many years ago (over 50), although we never did. The reason it hit my that way actually wasn't because of sex but because I knew she was thinking of us permanently ending up together as she was a deeply religious person that changed my life, and this would take a lengthy essay for me to explain. However, I had another love, and I ended up marrying her instead.

BTW, my 2nd favorite by the Stones is "She's a Rainbow".

Cooky

Veteran Member
Angie is my favorite, with wild horses coming in second...

FUN FACT:
The Flying Burrito Brothers first released Wild horses a year or two before the Rolling Stones.

Riders

So I like the scene from Buffy and angel on Buffy the vampire slayer where they dance to wold horses at the prom its sung by someone different though, would have been better by The Stones.

Here's the Buffy Angel scene.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Great song selections so far.

I can't think of any music group in musical history that goes straight up pro, and still retains that classic garage band sound.