• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Rohingya

The Emperor of Mankind

Currently the galaxy's spookiest paraplegic
Regardless of who started it and how long this conflict has been going on, it's still not an excuse for ethnic cleansing and human rights abuses. I also take some of your claims with a grain of salt. It does sound like it is time for the international community to step in and help work this issue out.

Look up the history of Rohingya insurgency in Burma and you'll find as recently as last year they were attacking border posts. They've been taking part in armed insurrection against the Burmese government for literally decades. If the Burmese government had weakened at any point we'd be hearing news of Rohingyan Muslims committing genocide against Rakhine Buddhists. It's not really surprising that India is trying to rid itself of Rohingya refugees given their chequered history. They can't risk a Rohingya mujahideen group establishing itself within their borders.

It doesn't justify what the Burmese government is allegedly doing; but this does provide some much needed context that I think should be acknowledged.

It does sound like it is time for the international community to step in and help work this issue out.

I can't see this solving anything. The Burmese government would inevitably declare war on any foreign intervention as I doubt they'd grant permission for other nations to invade their territory and if it were Muslim states likely doing the intervention they'd inevitably just take sides with the Rohingya and start crushing the Rakhines in order to create a Rohingyan state.

Last edited:

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Look up the history of Rohingya insurgency in Burma and you'll find as recently as last year they were attacking border posts. They've been taking part in armed insurrection against the Burmese government for literally decades. If the Burmese government had weakened at any point we'd be hearing news of Rohingyan Muslims committing genocide against Rakhine Buddhists. It's not really surprising that India is trying to rid itself of Rohingya refugees given their chequered history. They can't risk a Rohingya mujahideen group establishing itself within their borders.

It doesn't justify what the Burmese government is allegedly doing; but this does provide some much needed context that I think should be acknowledged.

I can't see this solving anything. The Burmese government would inevitably declare war on any foreign intervention as I doubt they'd grant permission for other nations to invade their territory and if it were Muslim states like doing the intervention they'd inevitably just take sides with the Rohingya and start crushing the Rakhines in order to create a Rohingyan state.
How optimistic.