• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The right Religion ?

martinlee94

I'm just wondering if there are any quotes in the Bible that speak about how people should chose a religion? Many thanks! :]

martinlee94

Well not so much in helping to chose a religion. More about what it says about other religions and how Christians should view them.

Mister Emu

Emu Extraordinaire
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm just wondering if there are any quotes in the Bible that speak about how people should chose a religion?
"Prove all things, hold fast that which is good" 1 Thess 5:16

Jacksnyte

Reverend
I'm just wondering if there are any quotes in the Bible that speak about how people should chose a religion? Many thanks! :]
Of course, a religion that touts itself as "The One True Way(tm)" will tell you that you should choose that religion! I would study scriptures from several different religions, and then decide what religion resonates with you the best.

martinlee94

Out of curiosity, why do you need them, the quotes I mean?

I'm currently writing an essay on peoples religions and the views on different religions. As a product of this I started to get curious and wonder for myself 'Why do people chose their religion' and 'What does the Bible say about it'

Levite

Higher and Higher

Not in my Bible anyway. The Tanakh (Hebrew Scriptures) is Jewish text, created by Jews, for Jews, in the Jewish language; as such, it was never intended to speak to anyone but Jews, and so it contains no instructions for choosing a religion, because it itself is the foundation for Jewish religion, and Jews are to have no other religion. It does have some instruction to Jews that they avoid other religions, and stay with their own. But that's pretty much it.

I believe the Christian Bible has some exhortations to its readers that they be Christians; but of course, I am no expert in Christian sacred text or beliefs.

Jacksnyte

Reverend
I read a book called Ring of Tabor and it is full of useful advice about the bible. Unfortunately all of it seems to be carefully designed to turn fellow people against the true religion. If you see anyione reading this book, stop them. They will thank you later. It is evil.

You have piqued my interest! I will be reading it directly! :yes:

Muffled

Jesus in me

Jas 1:27 Pure religion and undefiled before our God and Father is this, to visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep oneself unspotted from the world.

Su 3:19 The Religion before Allah is Islam submission to His Will: Nor did the People of the Book dissent there from

Joh 12:26 If any man serve me, let him follow me; and where I am, there shall also my servant be: if any man serve me, him will the Father honor.

InvestigateTruth

"Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? 7:17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit. 7:18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. 7:19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. 7:20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them." MATT. 7:16 -20

othman.yaccob

Each country in this world has law implemented on it. God kingdom also has law. Religion is a god law. Which religion in this world teach everything like how to eat, wear, see, listen, married,pray, friendship, relationship between men & women, politic, law, bussines, war, management etc. None except Islam. Conclusion: Islam is the true religion, others are satan religion.

BruceDLimber

Which religion in this world teach [sic] everything like how to eat, wear, see, listen, married,pray, friendship, relationship between men & women, politic, law, bussines, war, management etc.? None except Islam. Conclusion: Islam is the true religion; others are satan [sic] religion.

WHAT NONSENSE!!

Others not only condone peace and brotherhood to all, but avoid condemning anyone solely because of his or her religion!

And other religions give everyone far more lattitude in how then may eat, dress, pray, etc.!

So in this respect Islam, even stipula0ting its legitimacy, is hardly unique--let alone at the top of the heap!

Peace,

Bruce

Islam is the true religion, others are satan religion.

if by Islam you mean it to be A monotheistic religion characterized by the acceptance of the doctrine of submission to God then yeah i agree it is the true religion

but if you mean islam to be A monotheistic religion characterized by the acceptance of the doctrine of submission to God and to Muhammad as the last prophet of God then nope i dont agree

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend martinlee,

The right Religion ?

Religion simply means a path or way that an individual adopts to travel internally towards merging with what is labelled *God*.
The one that gets the individual to that goal is good for that individual; otherwise it is said that there are as many paths as humans.

Love & rgds