• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Right Hand Path & Left Hand Path

Vasilisa Jade

Formerly Saint Tigeress
I think from now on I shall be thinking of mySelf on the ...
"At Hand" path.

Every-thing I could ever possibly need is ever and always at hand.
Right there in front of me, in me, around me... surrounding me.
Above me... Below me...

Besides sometimes you need two hands to pick a thing up.
Or to use a thing ... or do a thing.

Maybe it's just a light dark asthetic kind of thing.
Even on the keyboard.... the LH notes are dark... lower
the RH side is lighter... higher....
yet you can play light or dark on either side...
hands can sometimes cross sides...

I used to call mySelf ambidextrous.

But I think today anyway... I like the sound of the "At Hand" path.
Perhaps then, I shall forget less often......

I think that is the wisest thing said about this topic so far. And that is the best note to leave it at I think.

I tried to frubal you but it wouldn't let me. ;)

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
I guess I'll put my two cents in here.

Left-Hand Path= Rational self-interest, individuality, freedom of mind and will, pride in Being, self-reliance and deification.

Right-Hand Path= Selflessness, subserviance of the mind and will to that of some higher power, the merging of the soul with the natural order. If we were to invoke the laws of physics this is an impossibility, or is it? The soul/psyche is a non-natural Element from a LHP stand point, however, through aeons of human evolution it, the soul/psyche, has become a natural part of our biological make-up, a part of our DNA. There is no denying it, no destroying it. All attempts by some of those on the RHP to sublimate this Dark Gift are all in vain.

All that having been said, I do find myself performing RHP deeds, such as performing selfless acts for those of whom I love. Even though my allegiance is to the LHP doesn't mean that I am immune from basic human kindness. Sometimes I even forgive those who have done an injustice to me, but even though I may sometimes forgive, I never forget.

Forever in the Ebon Flame!
/Adramelek\

I like to think of myself as an entertainer , other than that im a loaner, prefering the artifical , PC, Tv , Guitar , car, all thise thing i can control , and be relaxed in a total enviroment of my chooseing , with the other , RHP - you dont get that , their to hell with what you want , and you have to deal with some rulers , provider, guilt tripper , that is no paradise, that is slavery , hell they give you everthing but the kitchen sink , ship of fools .. I like to think I would live like i do now , satisfied with what i am and what i have ... I love to collect.. joey

Vasilisa Jade

Formerly Saint Tigeress
I found a great quote by a well known occult author that I would like to add here.

"White Magic leans more toward the acquisition of wisdom and a general feeling of faith in the universe. The Black form is concerned more with the acquisition of power and is reflective of a basic faith in oneself. The end results are likely to be not dissimilar, for the paths meet in a way impossible to describe.
The so-called middle way, or path of knowledge, consisting of the acquisition of second-hand ideas, is an excuse to do neither and leads nowhere."

-Peter Carroll

blackout

Violet.
I found a great quote by a well known occult author that I would like to add here.

"White Magic leans more toward the acquisition of wisdom and a general feeling of faith in the universe. The Black form is concerned more with the acquisition of power and is reflective of a basic faith in oneself. The end results are likely to be not dissimilar, for the paths meet in a way impossible to describe.
The so-called middle way, or path of knowledge, consisting of the acquisition of second-hand ideas, is an excuse to do neither and leads nowhere."

-Peter Carroll

This idea of "the acquisition of power" never sits right with me.

For me it is more a matter of accessing the power (already) inherent in my Being.

How can I seek to "acquire" what is already mine to access?

(ie... the kind of power I am talking about anyway,
can only be accessed from deep within the Self.
It is not something you go and "get", or "take".
it is not "external" to the Self.)

Xafwak

XFWK

I´ve never wanted power over others, I want to be a strong individual, so I guess it means that kind of power.

-Peter Carroll

Does this mean that one needs a certain fixed viewpoint to see both paths?

Vasilisa Jade

Formerly Saint Tigeress
This idea of "the acquisition of power" never sits right with me.

For me it is more a matter of accessing the power (already) inherent in my Being.

How can I seek to "acquire" what is already mine to access?

(ie... the kind of power I am talking about anyway,
can only be accessed from deep within the Self.
It is not something you go and "get", or "take".
it is not "external" to the Self.)

That is interesting. (Miss you by the way :D )

I saw this power as already being with us as well.

But the kicker is that it requires training/work to access it.

Otherwise we would all have it and use it regularly at birth.

I like the way that author explained it. That we have a sort of hidden part of ourselves, that knows these skills, yet we have a "psychic censor" which is designed to act like a barrier when these phenomenal things come into our awareness. We are separated from that which is already ours, and it is like we are acquiring union with those parts of our Self.

I´ve never wanted power over others, I want to be a strong individual, so I guess it means that kind of power.

That is the way I see it as well. The power is about power building within yourself. Will, is not will-power. Trying to exercise your will through force just doesn't work, at least for me.

Does this mean that one needs a certain fixed viewpoint to see both paths?

I have no idea. That part of this quote puzzled me. I think that it means to not betray your Self, in that, if you never make your own way but are instead being led, you never chose a way in which to truly grow from within. Every concept you settle down with has to be proven for you, or reached by you, not accepted cause someone told you so.

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
Like Xafwak, for me it wasn't about having power over others. I became a Satanist because of a natural interest in the Dark Arts and to, which has become a life long quest, Know and Understand the undefiled wisdom of That which I call the Prince of Darkness. And to Become the Truth of my own Being. The Black Magical ability to cause Change in the world around me became a happy by-product which I began to learn and practice and eventually became Adept at it.

After all, all Magic is about causing Change in the subjective and objective universes. Self-directed Self-Change, however, is the most rewarding. The great Work of Life of bringing into Being the dark hidden potential of the Self into the light of objective reality is what the Eternal Word of Set is all about.

Xeper!
/Adramelek\

Last edited:
yea down here you dont have to leave, down here we take the ones he made the ones he didnt want, even his own son went therw hell , i dont want their big bad ending , I dont want to go to a place where some one else rules, lots of garrentees out their , just do as i say , and that will be your life, thank you , or ,, No thank you verry much .
if your left hand path , you know , that your own your own , all alone , and that is great, I can do as i wish , with out polution from a man or god , people give me the creeps , and it takes me to the point on witch all rest , on the alter, support of the weak instead of the strong , witch sucks , I have bad luck with it , or so to say ..
bunch of jerk off blame gammers out their , who i could wrapp them up in leather and beat them with a chain , screaming to get lose .
ok just kidding on the assaunt thing , it was just a joke . ahhh
joey

Valor

A personal perspective isn't a fact.

Your absolutely right Apion. I had a tough time in the beginning years while treading the LHP and trying to unleran what i thought was right/fact and relearn my Self via truths.

We must be able to seperate and unlearn the actions, opinions and goals ect... that society has programmed into us and relearn everything (incuding effective habits). Break down our structure only to rebuild, fortify and reinforce our newly discovered Self. I'm still working on this today...i assume this is a life long task only because as soon as i think i got it....i only just touched the surface.

This takes lots of time sistered with brutal honesty.