• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The reward all Prophets sought in return was regarding God.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Salam

When we think of the Bab he didn't gain in terms of wealth or life, but we might think he was after something else, like power and authority in religion or morality. He wanted followers.

God understands that Prophets not asking wealth is not significant enough to do away with the claims they are true. God certainly realized his representatives would look power hungry in front of the people and Quran addresses this and says for example Pharoah and his chiefs with him, said "And you only want grandeur in the earth".

Keep this in mind from fame to moral guidance or control or power can be seen as motivators for false Prophets and so even true Prophets would be attributed this. Let us look at alternative translations to the reward verses Prophet seek in return for the message.

The following can be practically all the translations we need then there are repetitions of same or similar:

Other Prophets:

"I ask you no reward that it is but regarding God..."

"I ask you no wealth regarding for my reward is regarding God"

"I ask you no reward that my reward is regarding God..."

A believer's understanding of those sent by God:

"Those who ask no reward and they themselves are guided"

Quran on behalf of Mohammad:

"And you ask them no reward for it that is but a reminder to the worlds"

"...I ask you no reward for it that is but a reminder to the worlds"

"...I ask you no reward for it except for who wants to, to take towards their Lord a path"

"...Whatever reward I have asked for it is for yourselves my reward is but regarding God"

"...I ask no reward for it - and I am not of those who pretend - that it is a reminder to the worlds"

"..Or do you ask the a reward so the reward of your Lord is greater and he is the best of those who provide sustenance. And indeed (actually by this) you call them to a straight path"

Now up to this point, a person might think well, the Prophet is saying as far as obeying me and following me, it's regarding God like past Prophets, I want you to get closer to God by obeying me, and by revering me and honoring me and exalting me, you will be pleasing God, by pleasing me you would be pleasing God which is verified by Quran. There is no way but through the Messenger to God.

Now another problem arises with Prophets is that after the founder, the LEADERSHIP and AUTHORITY goes to their offspring or someone related to them. This makes them look like greedy monarchies.

It's not enough that Prophets are asking to be followed, obeyed, exalted, praise, blessed, their commands all safeguarded and obeyed, and everything they say is enlightenment ought to be followed, that's not enough the disbeliever might think, they then go on to ask us to follow leaders from their offspring.

Fatima and the trial of her offspring.

Fatima is the deal her, she is Mohammad's root bloodline for his offspring and legacy as far this issue goes, and she is the most important thing as far this issue goes. Ali marries her and get's to be even more Direct link with her offspring.

Hypocrites blood must be boiling with every praise of Ahlulbayt and comparison to Abraham's family or a past chosen family.

This is why Quran through out goes to great lengths to show the wisdom of why God put's succession into family members. The same reason Jesus and Yahya didn't leave offspring is the same reason Abraham left chosen offspring and is the same reason Zakariya prays regarding Yahya when news of Jesus of was already given.

The reason is clear. It's too stop intruders to the leadership of the Prophets and to limit the false Prophets and false leaders. It's easier to do that through bloodline. Likewise, the Torah made a covenant with the righteous offspring of Aaron for the exalted leadership today translated is priesthood.

Zakariya knowing those who inherit from him financially can sabotage Jesus' mission and so prays he would get the successor, and so Jesus ends up being the last. It's like Yahya replaces Jesus as the 11th, instead of Jesus being the 11th successor of Moses with a 12th to follow him up, he ends up being the twelfth.

Now in the past, there was revelations or books revealed with each guide or in case of Talut - his position as a Messenger King had verification through other then revelation but some other sign.

The book of Elijah for example can verify Elijah. He doesn't need to be named before hand through Moses. The trial of offspring of Fatima, is that they don't have holy revelations or books to be revealed to God verifying them. The Quran is it.

So let us read the verses pertaining to them carefully, as we don't want to miss out on proofs of the household of guidance in Quran.

The wage is regarding the family.

The above verses said it was only to take a path to God and past Prophets said their reward was regarding God. This can be seen to say their authority, the reverence owed to them, the fame, etc, this is the only way God can be approached, so yes, they get all these rewards but it's for our sake, as their reward is regarding God and God is the King and his Prophets are to be obeyed.

The question rose why regarding their family though. Why place legacy and succession in their offspring. That was discussed above, but look at verse 42:23 and it's obvious that the love of the kin is heavily being emphasized to be goodness.

That is the good news he gives those who believe and do good. Say: I ask no reward for it except the love of the kin and whoever does goodness we increase them therein in beauty, indeed God is Forgiving, Grateful.(42:23)

This is the longest verse about the reward on behalf of Mohammad perhaps there is one just as long contextualizing a past Prophet. But this is the longest contextualizing it occurring regarding Mohammad's reward.

It seems like God finally spills what it is, and right way is crying out to humanity, "and whoever does goodness we increase them in it it's beauty", that is to emphasize the reward is in fact not only the path to God like said before, not only just regarding God, but it's the way to be good. It's the heart of goodness to be guided and be loyal and hold on to the family of the reminder.

The kin is because Mohammad is included, that is why not "my kin" is mentioned as well as not "Dul-Qurba" which occurs only when put near the Messenger. It's clear that this is not about Qurayshi kinship or other bad translations.

Aside from that, the type of love mentioned includes affection. It's not hub which can be applied to abstract things. Affection is included in Muwada which can be only applied to living beings. It can't be closeness to God for this reason as well. The word is very calculative here.

Mohammad and his family is who is meant. And it's clear and bright but we let the sorcery trick us and make it look insignificant while God is crying to us that he will forgive us and appreciate our good, all we got to is love this family of guidance, love Mohammad and his family, that's all. He will guide us, he will deliver us from our enemies, he will give us everything we ask for and make us the inheritors to the earth eventually and destroy the oppressors, we just got to do this.

This is the way of goodness, and it's beautiful and God increases people in it's beauty and forms our souls beauty through this love.

The other verses of the wage after are then:

"Or do you ask them a reward so they are indebted with debt"

And one perhaps:

"And no one can by favor reward him. Except seeking the face of your Lord, the Highest".

And so the Prophets say "yes we seek power over you, and fame, and praise, etc, but all this not for our own sake, but for your own sake, and it's regarding God because we are the pathways to God".

The one problem remains is about their family, why all only people related to them get to be guides. This is explained thoroughly in Quran. And so, 42:23 by necessity, has to include this as well and it's saying yes, the kin, the family, the guiding household of the reminder, the family of revelation, they are to be loved and this is what is sought in return for the message, but it's the path of goodness, and God will make us beautiful through it and will forgive us and appreciate this goodness.

InvestigateTruth

@Link

I just saw this thread. I am not exactly what you want to debate.
Salam

When we think of the Bab he didn't gain in terms of wealth or life, but we might think he was after something else, like power and authority in religion or morality. He wanted followers.
If you are debating about the motivation of the Bab, He claimed to be the promised Mahdi, the 12th Imam. And even in the mind of the Muslims, the Mahdi will appear with military power. I am not sure exactly what you want to debate.

When we refer to Hadithes, Shia imams have said that the Qaim has a similarity with prophet Joseph, and that similarity is imprisonment. He would rule for 7 years. And many other signs, which all of those signs completely were fulfilled by the Bab.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
It was a side point. All I meant was Quran when talks about reward knows even if Prophets don't ask wealth, they will look greedy with respect to authority, fame, leadership, control, legacy and even get's worse when the leadership is inherited in chosen ones in their offspring making them like they favor their bloodline.

InvestigateTruth

It was a side point. All I meant was Quran when talks about reward knows even if Prophets don't ask wealth, they will look greedy with respect to authority, fame, leadership, control, legacy and even get's worse when the leadership is inherited in chosen ones in their offspring making them like they favor their bloodline.
I would say, almost all prophets in their life time appeared even miserable to people. It is almost always, some hundreds years later after their death or martyrdom their religion becomes widespread.
Look at the Surah of Hud. It has stories of prophets.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
That doesn't matter, because, God knows the reward they demand from people, if people submit to God, is that they will get authority, fame, power, etc, but God says despite that they have no choice as what they seek from you that you accuse them is a selfish reward they seek is regarding God as they are path to God.