• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The rEvolving Doorway

Danny1988

Ah so, it does not say it is 100% correct, or inerrant,
or any other thing to the effect. That is your extrabiblical
interpretation.

Now, on that 300 cubit ark. 300.0000000000000000
or do you have to do "context" on that too?

Funny that a guy who "knows" it is "100% cant
just vouch for the book, whatever it says.
Why to you suppose that is?

Some little thought back in your mind telling
you I set a trap, and you must do anything
no matter how undignified, to avoid it?

(the trap is awful, btw; it is holding you to
your word)
I know that the Bible doesn't have that stupid number you keep quoting in it, so I have no idea what sick game your playing here

Earthling

David Henson
It's pretty simple. Sin is an inherent quality of humans, because of human nature, which is a direct result of evolution. No original sinner required. As for the Messiah? Well, the exact mechanics of salvation isn't exactly clear, but there's a reason this stuff is a faith, and also why it's called a Holy Mystery.

Right, like I s aid, turn it into a myth. What's really funny about that is the Christian penchant for turning everything into a myth. I can't wait to see what, if the idea actually gains mass appeal, they turn evolution into a myth. Not that would be funny.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Not all of Gods people are Bible scholars, so it's not necessary to know much about the Bible to be saved. The only thing believers need to know to be saved is to trust in Jesus for the forgiveness of their sins.

Jesus said, as many as believe in Me will be saved, He didn't say we needed to be Bible scholars. The thief on the cross was saved on the cross for believing in Christ, he didn't have time to get a degree in theology
Good so one does not need to believe the clear myths of the Bible to be save. It sounds like you are changing your tune a bit.

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
Amos was a raiser of sheep and a sycamore fig nipper. The Hebrew word noqedhim "sheep raiser " only appears twice in scripture. 2 Kings 3:4 Amos 1:1 , Amos 7:14.

Moses was a leader of the nation of Israel, mediator of the Law covenant, prophet, judge, commander, historian, and writer, highly educated in Egypt. Though he was, briefly, a sheep herder. No goats so far.
Sheep, goats, for our purposes close enough.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Right, like I s aid, turn it into a myth. What's really funny about that is the Christian penchant for turning everything into a myth. I can't wait to see what, if the idea actually gains mass appeal, they turn evolution into a myth. Not that would be funny.
Myth still fulfills the demand that scripture be "inspired" and useful in teaching others. What is wrong with making it myth?

Kangaroo Feathers

Good so one does not need to believe the clear myths of the Bible to be save. It sounds like you are changing your tune a bit.
Have you ever known one who didn't when confronted with the idiocy of their initial claims?

Other than AV1611VET, I mean, but there's something pathological there.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Have you ever known one who didn't when confronted with the idiocy of their initial claims?

Other than AV1611VET, I mean, but there's something pathological there.

Don't forget dad. What was rather amazing is that those two disagreed with each other in some points they would almost never debate.

Kangaroo Feathers

Don't forget dad. What was rather amazing is that those two disagreed with each other in some points they would almost never debate.
I blocked Dad fairly early on. That guy's straight up delusional. For the purpose of my comment here, I'm restricting myself to people with at least some semblance of a grasp on reality and logic.

Kangaroo Feathers

I don't know what you think you're talking about.

A Vestigial Mote

The first commandment the One true God gave us, was not to put other gods before Him. So this shows us that there are many gods, but only one true god all the others are false.
Again I'd ask you about the third of such commandments - keeping the Sabbath. Ever do work on a Sunday? You never answered me the first time I asked, and I have a suspicion as to why - because the true answer likely puts you in the same category as all the other "hypocrites" you keep babbling on about in this thread. You seem to be answering everyone else's challenges, just not mine - seems interesting.

It's a simple question, requiring only a simple answer. Yes or No. That's it... one of those two. Are you able to type out which of those answers is the truth without going into a tirade about how you should be exempt, or claiming whatever you have done does not qualifying as "work" or that this commandment was never meant to be taken literally or some other such insufficient excuse?

Audie

Veteran Member
I know that the Bible doesn't have that stupid number you keep quoting in it, so I have no idea what sick game your playing here

Oh, now there you go with two more falsehoods.
You know perfectly well what the question is, and
there is no "sick game". No, three, because I did not
"quote" that number.

But you are partly right. The bible does not have that
number; it is you who unwittingly claimed it does.

The "ark" was to be 300 cubits, was it not?

And YOU said "100%correct".

100% correct would mean 300.000 etc,
Simple math; anyone can see that.

We can also see that you are caught,
and so now you are thrashing about
like a foul-hooked alligator, trying to
bite.

"Stupid" , "sick" and "game" are words of panicy
desperation to escape. And of course
falsehoods to insult me. TSK.

NOW, why dont you be a good honest lil
Christian, and admit that the bible
cannot be 100% correct on everything,
because some of those numbers are
just approximations?

Tick tick tick!

Kangaroo Feathers

Again I'd ask you about the third of such commandments - keeping the Sabbath. Ever do work on a Sunday?
I detect the attitude of an overzealous young believer who's never spent much time thinking about what he's been spooned by his seniors. If I were to guess, I doubt he's old enough to have had a job, so it may never have come up.