• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The rEvolving Doorway

Rival

Si m'ait Dieus
Staff member
Premium Member
Only One has ever laid claim to the truth, Jesus said "I am the truth" and He proved He was. The rest can talk until the cows come home
How did he prove it? He was executed like a common criminal by the Romans for being a renegade. His movement became a gentile cult that Jews rightly rejected. Jesus achieved nothing, especially anything the moshiach is supposed to do. He didn't bring peace; he didn't reunite the ten lost tribes; he didn't do anything prophesied in the Tanach. He was a failure and he was put to death screaming. He allowed his apostles to break Shabbos by plucking corn, and he wrongly assumed that healing on Shabbos is forbidden. It's not. He disowned his mother and went roving around the country preaching 'The Kingdom of G-d is nigh' when it clearly wasn't as it's been 2,000 years now. So Christians had to make up this narrative about a second-coming to hide their embarrassment that their christ achieved literally nothing, and give some trumped up meaning to his untimely death involving human sacrifice, something G-d would never allow, and declare that anyone who can't see this is blind.

Your false moshiach fulfilled no prophecies, was a law-breaker and executed by the Romans.

What a poor excuse for a saviour.

Orbit

I'm a planet
]I was taught evolution as fact in school 30 years ago. If I present those facts today I would be laughed at. I say this from experience. Evolution will never get to the point of gravity. It will always change because it's made up.

No, again, I speak from experience, atheist dismiss everything theist say as just another interpretation. This is a general, or blanket statement i realize, and there are always exceptions to the rule, but generally, for the most part, that's the way it is.

I am reminded of the girl in Archaeology class who burst into tears after examining fossils that were older then she thought Genesis was; and upon seeing pre-Human bones.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Sigh. Sometimes I can't help but feel that the placement of this area encourages people to assume a comparable stand where there is none.

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
I am reminded of the girl in Archaeology class who burst into tears after examining fossils that were older then she thought Genesis was; and upon seeing pre-Human bones.
Gosh. At least she sounds like she was prepared to accept evidence when confronted with it.

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
]I was taught evolution as fact in school 30 years ago. If I present those facts today I would be laughed at. I say this from experience. Evolution will never get to the point of gravity. It will always change because it's made up.
Could you tell us anything you were taught 30 years ago that would get you laughed at today? Specifically, I mean?

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
You don't get it, do you?

No matter what you evolutionist say, no matter how thorough, current and precise your answers are they mean nothing to the unbeliever (of evolution) because the answers will change tomorrow. You're preaching to the choir.

Believers, no matter what you say, no matter how thorough, scholarly, and accurate your answers are they mean nothing to the unbeliever (of the Bible) because they will dismiss it as just another interpretation. You are preaching to the choir. And the choir isn't on speaking terms. They're in disagreement.

It's a distraction. Like two party politics. An illusion. A trap, set by oh, I don't know . . . who could it be? SATAN?

1) Debate is not always Satanic

2) In this debate, the Christians still "win" by being patient, honest, reliable, etc. while the skeptics "rage in vain and take their stand together against God"

3) It's a worthy debate, since an inerrant Bible hinges on the verse those opposed assault, Genesis 1:1--if that's not literal, what is?

Fortunately, many people accept the love of Christ and trust Him for salvation, even while still evolutionists.

Danny1988

And who made you the arbiter of such things? You know nothing of my relationship with either sin OR God. Or the Bible, I suspect, since there's a bunch of verses about not making such judgements on other people.
Gods people know each other, it's very obvious to us. So we quickly know who are not as well

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
The first commandment the One true God gave us, was not to put other gods before Him. So this shows us that there are many gods, but only one true god all the others are false.

So if we don't believe what the One true God said in His Book of Genesis then we don't believe in the true God but we have been deceived into believing in a false god

Your idolatry of some book written by ancient, primitive goat herders is a form of false god.

Danny1988

Your idolatry of some book written by ancient, primitive goat herders is a form of false god.
God was pleased to use goat herders to write His love letter to His humble people, that way the smarties would reject it and condemn themselves to eternal torment in hell fire.

Rival

Si m'ait Dieus
Staff member
Premium Member
I can see my trolling efforts have been put by the wayside already. He won't address any of my points about his christ.

Coward.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
And you never will see proof unless God shows it to you, but you need to ask first and that knocks all the proud smarties out of the equation.
Why would it be necessary to ask God? It sounds as if you are saying that a person must be delusional to believe. Actual proof or evidence exists independently of the source.