• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The rEvolving Doorway

KT Shamim

Ahmadiyya Muslim Community
Anything to deflect attention from a losing argument.
Not really. Just don't want this thread to digress.
If you'd like, feel free to open a new thread and discuss. Quote 2 controversial Quranic verses at a time please and I'll try to respond to them, insha'Allah (God willing).

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
Not really. Just don't want this thread to digress.
If you'd like, feel free to open a new thread and discuss. Quote 2 controversial Quranic verses at a time please and I'll try to respond to them, insha'Allah (God willing).
Um, it wasn't YOU I was suggesting was losing nor deflecting.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Jesus didn't come to fulfill the Messianic prophecies, He came save Gentiles as well as Jews. He abolished the old laws and established a new covenant, where it's no longer necessary to keep the law to be saved.
Then you can hardly call him the Messiah. Once again try to think logically.

KT Shamim

Ahmadiyya Muslim Community
Um, it wasn't YOU I was suggesting was losing nor deflecting.
Is informative the right frubal for this?
#OkaySorry

But seriously I didn't really win the argument either because ... well didn't really give any argument. Just made a claim.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
you would be wasting your time, we have had thousands of highly educated theologians and Bible scholars attempted to find errors or contradictions over the past 2000 years and not a singe one has succeeded so I don't like your chances.
So you are saying it is not a contradiction to say, first, "Make no graven images" and then, second "Make some graven images of Cherubim?" Please be kind enough to explain the non-contradiction.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Jesus didn't come to fulfill the Messianic prophecies, He came save Gentiles as well as Jews. He abolished the old laws and established a new covenant, where it's no longer necessary to keep the law to be saved.
Not true. Jesus stated emphatically that "not one jot or tittle of the law shall change." It was Paul, who never met Jesus, never heard Jesus speak, long after Jesus was dead, who decided to play with the Gentiles. And that's only because the Gentiles ruled the world, and Paul was politically astute enough to see that was the only way forward for his own, very personal, and very idiosyncratic, religion.

Really, it ought to be called Paulianity, and not Christianity. Christ wouldn't recognize any of it.

Last edited:

Danny1988

So you are saying it is not a contradiction to say, first, "Make no graven images" and then, second "Make some graven images of Cherubim?" Please be kind enough to explain the non-contradiction.
Your ignorance is painfully obvious, the Bible never said "Make no graven images" as you falsely accuse it of saying.

Go and read the second commandment and knock yourself out, it reads "Thu shall not bow thyself down to any graven image". So it's talking about worshiping statues as the Pagans do.

You shouldn't listen to lies from the pits of hell, go and learn what God said for yourself.

Danny1988

Not true. Jesus stated emphatically that "not one jot or tittle of the law shall change." It was Paul, who never met Jesus, never heard Jesus speak, long after Jesus was dead, who decided to play with the Gentiles. And that's only because the Gentiles ruled the world, and Paul was politically astute enough to see that was the only way forward for his own, very personal, and very idiosyncratic, religion.

Really, it ought to be called Paulianity, and not Christianity. Christ wouldn't recognize any of it.
Again, you have taken a verse out of context. Christ fulfilled the whole law on our behalf, because He knew that it was impossible for us to do so.

Paul received the Holy Spirit on the road to Amaus, he was indwelt with it so he received the whole Gospel right away. God revealed the whole truth to him so he could preach it to the whole world and every following generation to this day. Billions people believe the Gospel as 100% true, who are you to deny it. Your just another blinded fool.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Your ignorance is painfully obvious, the Bible never said "Make no graven images" as you falsely accuse it of saying.
Yes it does. Exodus, 20:4.
Where does it say Jesus changed the whole Halakha, and what is meant by "fulfill"?

If Jesus obviated the whole of the Old Testament, why is it still included as part of the Bible? Why don't Christians ignore it?

siti

Go and read the second commandment and knock yourself out
OK - here goes - good ol' King James version (Exodus 20:4-6):

4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.

5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

6 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

You shouldn't listen to lies from the pits of hell, go and learn what God said for yourself.
Indeed!

siti

Billions people believe the Gospel as 100% true
Ah! The old "billions of believers can't be wrong" argument! There are about 2.3 billion Christians out of a total world population of about 7.3 billion. That means more than twice as many people do not believe the Gospel at all. If 2.3 billion people can't be wrong, how can 5 billion people be wrong?

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
Is informative the right frubal for this?
#OkaySorry

But seriously I didn't really win the argument either because ... well didn't really give any argument. Just made a claim.
My point was more about "someone else" throwing out any distraction that comes to mind to distract from the argument. You may not have "won", but I certainly wasn't suggesting you were losing, either.

Danny1988

Yes it does. Exodus, 20:4.
Where does it say Jesus changed the whole Halakha, and what is meant by "fulfill"?

If Jesus obviated the whole of the Old Testament, why is it still included as part of the Bible? Why don't Christians ignore it?
Read the second commandment, for the answer.

I never said we do away with the whole of the OT Law. Only the parts that deal with justification, Gods people used to sacrifice animals for the remission of sin and perform many other rituals. All of them were fulfilled by Christ on our behalf, so we don't need to keep them any more.

Of' course most of the commandments like thou shalt not murder still stand, Christ made it clear which we are to keep and which we can discard.

Audie

Veteran Member
Read the second commandment, for the answer.

I never said we do away with the whole of the OT Law. Only the parts that deal with justification, Gods people used to sacrifice animals for the remission of sin and perform many other rituals. All of them were fulfilled by Christ on our behalf, so we don't need to keep them any more.

Of' course most of the commandments like thou shalt not murder still stand, Christ made it clear which we are to keep and which we can discard.

So, are any of the "commandments" absolute?

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
All the prophecies have been fulfilled and there are still some to come.

That is either logically incoherent or tautological.It is not difficult to write prophecies that are either fulfilled or yet to be fulfilled.

Ciao

- viole

Audie

Veteran Member
What do you mean "the answers will change tomorrow?"

We unbelievers (in the Bible) don't dismiss apologists' arguments because they're "interpretations." We may dismiss them for any number of reasons, but we're fine with interpretations.

He means he has a slogan to parrot and
has no actual idea what he is talking about.

Audie

Veteran Member
You can't believe in real evolution and real Christian Bible teachings. You can allow a Christian to claim to be Christian for social or traditional reasons out of ignorance while embracing evolution (probably also out of ignorance) because they are afraid of looking silly, but never the twain shall meet.

Now, you are fine with a Christian distorting beyond recognition the teachings of the Bible, because you don't believe in it, but imagine if they had to distort the teachings of evolution in order to reconcile the two. Then all of a sudden you will have a problem.

You and all of you creationists deliberately / ignorantly
distort, misrepresent, and betimes lie about
evolution and the science involved. Attempt to
learn, never!

Talking about the "teachings" of evolution is but the most
recent and among the mildest of the falsehoods purveyed.

That you find it necessary to speak falsely to support
your version of things like your bible-readin' is
obvious, and most revealing, to all.

Maybe even to you, if you ever calm down and
try to think.