• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The return of Jesus, the claimants, and the Quran. Is it really real?

InvestigateTruth

Well. Thats not true. Thats a lie. There is nowhere in the Quran where it says 'Muthasabih Verses require Taweel". I have given you examples already so this is not true. How ever much you keep repeating it, it never will become true. ;)
That can be easily seen from Verse 3:7 as well as many examples in Surrah of Joseph.
Yes, you can keep denying. Sure you can.

What about the other verses with the word "Taweel"? Like simple verses? If this is the Bahai view, its false. Cherry picking, and nothing else.

Wherever in the Quran the Word is Taweel used, and the context is about fulfillment or interpretation, it is about symbolic fulfillment or symbolic interpretation. And that is the Mutishabihat.

firedragon

Veteran Member
I know. But how does what you said is related to OP? The letters I mentioned are about the Promised One, and in a way related to OP.

Haha. Taweel is not related to the OP. It has nothing to do with Jesus and his second coming. But you brought it up. Suddenly since I am asking something from the arabic expert who doesnt know what to say, I am irrelevant?

Oh no sis. This is very very relevant to your point. If you dont know just say so.

firedragon

Veteran Member
That can be easily seen from Verse 3:7 as well as many examples in Surrah of Joseph.
Yes, you can keep denying. Sure you can.

Yep. When you cherry pick, and misunderstand even the cherry picked verse ignoring the whole book because one of the reasons being you have never read it, this is what you would think.

Wherever in the Quran the Word is Taweel used, and the context is about fulfillment or interpretation, it is about symbolic fulfillment or symbolic interpretation. And that is the Mutishabihat.

Of course. This is like saying "where ever the word baseball is mentioned it is talking about baseball". Wherever the word boxing is mentioned it is talking about boxing".

Nothing can get more obvious than that. But read the Quran. And stop pretending you have and insult others when you are being irrelevant.

Have you read all the verses with this simple word in the Quran? Tell me, what is the root word of this word Taweel? It is there in your source of information, it will show you.

InvestigateTruth

Lol. No. It doesn't say that. Sis, someone duped you.

It says "Are they waiting for God to come to them shadowed in clouds with the angels?"

So you misquoted the Quran, twice. This is cherry picking from the Quran, then cherry picking two words from the sentence.

It says "are they waiting" not "God comes". So what you said is not true. You were insulting me like an arabic expert, but it seems you have no clue. Kind of strange.

Tell me. What does it mean when someone says "Hal" as in second "Ha", "Alif" and "Lam"?
هل ينظرون الّا

Are the waiting but....?

Meaning do they expect anything other than God coming? The word الّا denotes that it will surely happen. It is no other way, except God comes.

Also,

2:46 those who are certain that they will meet their Lord and to Him they will return.

Al-Anaam - 6:31

"They indeed are losers who deny their meeting with Allah until, when the Hour cometh on them suddenly, they cry: Alas for us, that we neglected it! They bear upon their backs their burdens. Ah, evil is that which they bear!"

هَلْ يَنظُرُونَ إِلَّا أَن يَأْتِيَهُمُ اللَّهُ فِي ظُلَلٍ مِّنَ الْغَمَامِ وَالْمَلَائِكَةُ وَقُضِيَ الْأَمْرُ وَإِلَى اللَّهِ تُرْجَعُ الْأُمُور
Transliteration
ir

Your translation is missing the word الّا. Just underline and show where is it in the translation, as I have done above. : إِلَّا

Last edited:

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
The point CG makes is invalid.
By taking into consideration the context, can you show how this one verse in Micah is a prophecy about Baha'u'llah? You can say that Teheran was part of the Assyrian Empire hundreds of years ago when the "prophecy" was made. You can say the "he" or "they" doesn't matter because Baha'u'llah traveled with several people, but, really, what is the context of the rest of the chapter in Micah? Can you explain how the one verse fits into the context of the chapter? Instead of just saying that it's been explained before. If not, why wouldn't that be cherry-picking?

firedragon

Veteran Member
هل ينظرون الّا

Are the waiting but....?

Meaning do they expect anything other than God coming? The word الّا denotes that it will surely happen. It is no other way, except God comes.

Also,

2:46 those who are certain that they will meet their Lord and to Him they will return.

Al-Anaam - 6:31

"They indeed are losers who deny their meeting with Allah until, when the Hour cometh on them suddenly, they cry: Alas for us, that we neglected it! They bear upon their backs their burdens. Ah, evil is that which they bear!"

هَلْ يَنظُرُونَ إِلَّا أَن يَأْتِيَهُمُ اللَّهُ فِي ظُلَلٍ مِّنَ الْغَمَامِ وَالْمَلَائِكَةُ وَقُضِيَ الْأَمْرُ وَإِلَى اللَّهِ تُرْجَعُ الْأُمُور
Transliteration
ir

Your translation is missing the word الّا. Just underline and show where is it in the translation, as I have done above. : إِلَّا

Lol. Translation is missing what? Illa? Does that exclude the beginning of the sentence? Haha. Seriously, absurd. Seriously, seriously, absurd. If you dont know arabic, dont pretend to. Because its embarrassing, though you think insulting others embarrasses them. It does not. It is yours to keep. Thats why you dont answer a question, but cut and paste from somewhere and shift to another. Thats okay. Lets keep going just to see how far you would go with that kind of approach.

Tell me, what does "Adhathu Hasrin" mean?

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
The return of Jesus, the claimants, and the Quran. Is it really real?
Friend @firedragon !
How would one reflect on the following verse, please?

[43:58] وَ لَمَّا ضُرِبَ ابۡنُ مَرۡیَمَ مَثَلًا اِذَا قَوۡمُکَ مِنۡہُ یَصِدُّوۡنَ ﴿۵۸﴾
And when the son of Mary is mentioned as an instance, lo! thy people raise a clamour thereat;

^^^
Doesn't one believe in the Coming of Messiah to kill Anti-Christ the Dajjal-the Deviant and to break the Cross etc, please?

Right friend, please?

Regards

Last edited:

firedragon

Veteran Member
How would one reflect on the following verse, please?

[43:58] وَ لَمَّا ضُرِبَ ابۡنُ مَرۡیَمَ مَثَلًا اِذَا قَوۡمُکَ مِنۡہُ یَصِدُّوۡنَ ﴿۵۸﴾
And when the son of Mary is mentioned as an instance, lo! thy people raise a clamour thereat;

Jesus was an example for the Bani Israela. Just read a few verses further.

Doesn't one believe in the Coming of Messiah to kill Anti-Christ the Dajjal-the Deviant and to break the Cross etc, please?

This thread is not about belief. Please read the OP.

The Quran says nothing about anything you mentioned above.