• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The return of Jesus - Ahadith based evidence ??

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Second one? Brother. 4 out of 5 ahadith about the return of jesus is from abu hurraira.

Quoting any huraira or anyone for that matter doesnt make it sarih. Doesnt even make it sahih, Hasan, mathrook or anything. That's not the way its analysed.

Most ahadith in praise of Ahlulbayt in Sunni sources are from Abu Huraira as well.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Ahlul bayth is not the topic. Return of Jesus is.

And nothing goes back to the closest sahabas like Abu Bakr, Umar, Ali or Usman.

Abu Bakr and Umar murdered the Prophet and along with Uthman forbid people to write ahadith and Uthman knowing people left comments in Qurans collected all Qurans to hide the rest of the Sunnah. They are the least reliable for the Sunnah out of all people.

Abu Huraira despite all the attack by him by Shiites, seems to be a Shiite that was under Taqiya. I even found gnostic Shiites hadiths from Imam Baqir (as) praising Abu Huraira.

If you are interested in Rijaal just go through Majilisi books, he talks about the reliability of narrators and to be honest, no Shiite probably knew better in him in that regard. See the section of his on Isa (as) returning and see what he says about the chains.

firedragon

Veteran Member
Abu Bakr and Umar murdered the Prophet and along with Uthman forbid people to write ahadith and Uthman knowing people left comments in Qurans collected all Qurans to hide the rest of the Sunnah. They are the least reliable for the Sunnah out of all people.

Abu Huraira despite all the attack by him by Shiites, seems to be a Shiite that was under Taqiya. I even found gnostic Shiites hadiths from Imam Baqir (as) praising Abu Huraira.

If you are interested in Rijaal just go through Majilisi books, he talks about the reliability of narrators and to be honest, no Shiite probably knew better in him in that regard. See the section of his on Isa (as) returning and see what he says about the chains.

See, if you wish to have a sectarian debate please open a new thread. Its not relevant. And I am not the audience.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
See, if you wish to have a sectarian debate please open a new thread. Its not relevant. And I am not the audience.

There are many ahadith about return of Jesus, from both Sunni and Shiite sources. In Shiite sources, it's from what I see, at the level of Tawatur. There are so many authentic, reliable, along with weaker chains, but all together, so many, that's hard to put doubt on it being narrated unless you are going to doubt hadiths all together.

The narrators we rely on narrate it, and we would have to throw most hadiths, if we are going to deny this event. This is not rational, as the return of Isa is both in Quran and Gospels, and even hinted in the Torah (I can get into this about Idris being risen if you want).

To be honest, brother, I'm going to be creating a program to help humans study Islam better. It will have easier way to see what is meant by Tawatur. Like in the program, it will show how many hadiths you will have to throw out from literature of ours, to deny these ahadith. Right now, I don't have the exact knowledge, it's just from memory. But one day, I will make this application and it will be that and more.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Oh, man, I thought you were Firemorphic this whole time. I thought you were my Shiite friend. Damn, sorry brother, you are from a Sunni background. I would not have posted all I posted including Shiite hadiths if I didn't have confused.

firedragon

Veteran Member
There are many ahadith about return of Jesus, from both Sunni and Shiite sources. In Shiite sources, it's from what I see, at the level of Tawatur. There are so many authentic, reliable, along with weaker chains, but all together, so many, that's hard to put doubt on it being narrated unless you are going to doubt hadiths all together.

The narrators we rely on narrate it, and we would have to throw most hadiths, if we are going to deny this event. This is not rational, as the return of Isa is both in Quran and Gospels, and even hinted in the Torah (I can get into this about Idris being risen if you want).

To be honest, brother, I'm going to be creating a program to help humans study Islam better. It will have easier way to see what is meant by Tawatur. Like in the program, it will show how many hadiths you will have to throw out from literature of ours, to deny these ahadith. Right now, I don't have the exact knowledge, it's just from memory. But one day, I will make this application and it will be that and more.

When i ask for Sarih, sahih ahadith, i dont care if they are muthawathir or mathrook.

I know the Shias have a different approach to ahadith and maybe even better than Sunni's in some ways. But in other ways the Sunni methodology also has validity. But thats not the topic.

Please read the OP and if you can provide some ahadith at least considering it as an academic exercise. If not thats all good.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I was so confused. I was wondering Firemorphic, out of all people, doubt return of Jesus. Okay. Makes sense... now.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
When i ask for Sarih, sahih ahadith, i dont care if they are muthawathir or mathrook.

I know the Shias have a different approach to ahadith and maybe even better than Sunni's in some ways. But in other ways the Sunni methodology also has validity. But thats not the topic.

Please read the OP and if you can provide some ahadith at least considering it as an academic exercise. If not thats all good.

Brother, I thought honestly you were Firemorphic. I had confused with him. I would not have posted Shiite hadiths nor discussed them if I didn't have you confused! Sorry again!

InvestigateTruth

Brother. I am looking for Clear and authentic ahadith.

I am sorry i made that distinction because there are millions of ahadith and i explained that in the OP. There are hadith that say there are 7 different earths that is swimming on top of a fish. There are hadith that say the earth is onn top of a cows head and when it shakes its head we get earthquakes.

So you can find ahadith to justify anything. A useless path.

You are quoting a book from a few centuries ago. There are older and more authentic ahadith you could easily quote. But you will see, that you are finding it difficult to even find in ahadith, the authenticity that is needed to be genuine in this subject.
Many Hadithes were eventually written some centuries after. But that does not mean they cannot be authentic. In Islam, if a saying contradicts with Quran, it is a false hadith. But if it comes from Quran, and is in agreement with Quran it is an authentic saying. This is true based on Quran itself. So, it is valid in islam, and when I say islam, I do not mean, a particular sect, because God did not create sects of islam. He revealed one Islam. The hadithes I quote are authentic because they do not contradict with Quran, and can be shown, they came from certain verses of Quran.

Even if we look at the authenticity of hadithes purely from scholarship point of view, and not from belief, it is almost certainly impossible to say, the prophet and shia imams did not speak of return of christ, because there are just too many hadithes about return of christ..

moreover, return of Christ is mentioned in the Christian bible, and if this idea was false in the site of Allah, He would have certainly said that in the Quran, just as for example if the idea of Son of God is false, Allah says so in the Quran. As the Quran came also to correct the false beliefs of the past, so, if return of Christ is a false belief, Quran would explicitly say so. Does Allah leave a people with a false belief, after He reveals a Book of guidance?

Muffled

Jesus in me
How do you know Quran is true? If you true to bypass hadiths, you will not know Quran is true. You may believe just as every religious person believes in something, but you will never know it because you will be far removed from it's light and interpretation.

I believe I know the Qu'ran is true and hadiths are not, because I am familiar with the way God speaks from the Bible and personal experience.

Muffled

Jesus in me

I believe they are useless. If you really want to find out about the return of Jesus you need to go to the Bible where the information exists.