• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Resurrection of Jesus Christ (Part 3)

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
Well one way to verify Gods Word is to look into the prophecies.When you study these you can clearly see that no man could have done this accurately.For instance,the 2,520 year prophecy spoken of in Daniel.Also the 70 weeks prophecy.

But not a single prophecy in scripture has any specific details, there are no examples of biblical prophecy where any specific claim has been fulfilled.

Monk Of Reason

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Well one way to verify Gods Word is to look into the prophecies.When you study these you can clearly see that no man could have done this accurately.For instance,the 2,520 year prophecy spoken of in Daniel.Also the 70 weeks prophecy.

The stories were verified by those who walked with Christ,such as Peter.

Can you name a few specific prophecies, where they were written in the bible and where they came to pass in history? I have seen dozens and dozens and the majority are either reaching, self fulfilling or not that impressive to give likelihood of a deity or divinity.

But not a single prophecy in scripture has any specific details, there are no examples of biblical prophecy where any specific claim has been fulfilled.
There are but you have to study thoroughly.It does not just pop up the answer.One must really dig and study hard.

Proverbs 2:3-5.…3For if you cry for discernment, Lift your voice for understanding; 4If you seek her as silver And search for her as for hidden treasures; 5Then you will discern the fear of the LORD And discover the knowledge of God.…

The scripture I just showed you also shows Gods wisdom.When one searches for gold,its on the ground and in rivers.All over and easily found.When one searches for silver,one must dig deep into the earth and search for it.

Thats why God used silver as an example in His Word.
God is very wise.

Last edited:

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
There are but you have to study thoroughly.It does not just pop up the answer.One must really dig and study hard.

Proverbs 2:3-5.…3For if you cry for discernment, Lift your voice for understanding; 4If you seek her as silver And search for her as for hidden treasures; 5Then you will discern the fear of the LORD And discover the knowledge of God.…

I have looked hard, there are no specific prophecies that are fulfilled.

Just because you looked does not mean you will understand.You do know what grace is right? It is by grace alone that one comes to understand the Word of God.One must seek God wholeheartedly and earnestly.One must pray to God and ask Him for an accurate knowledge of the truth to better serve Him and know Him and His Word.

The scripture I just showed you also shows Gods wisdom.When one searches for gold,its on the ground and in rivers.All over and easily found.When one searches for silver,one must dig deep into the earth and search for it.

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
Just because you looked does not mean you will understand.You do know what grace is right? It is by grace alone that one comes to understand the Word of God.One must seek God wholeheartedly and earnestly.One must pray to God and ask Him for an accurate knowledge of the truth to better serve Him and know Him and His Word.

Nope. Anyone can read the bible - if there were any specific prophetic claims that came true I would have found them.

Can you name a few specific prophecies, where they were written in the bible and where they came to pass in history? I have seen dozens and dozens and the majority are either reaching, self fulfilling or not that impressive to give likelihood of a deity or divinity.

Yeah,in my last comment to you I mentioned the 2,520 year prophecy better known as the Gentile Times prophecy and also the 70 weeks prophecy.

Monk Of Reason

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Here is my first problem. If the prophecy is so obscure that it can only be understood in retrospect and after intense study... it has already lost its power to be a compelling argument of necessity.

God is very wise.

This is my second problem. If you ever have to suspend scrutiny or logic in order to arrive to your conclusion then it has lost all argumentative value. "Trust me it works out if you believe" isn't a valid debatable argument.

Monk Of Reason

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Yeah,in my last comment to you I mentioned the 2,520 year prophecy better known as the Gentile Times prophecy and also the 70 weeks prophecy.

Just read up on it. It is the definition of reaching. It is a long shot re-interpretation based on re-defining what the story said in order to fit something that happened later. I don't find this convincing for Christianity or Judaism who both claim it as evidence of their viability.

Here is my first problem. If the prophecy is so obscure that it can only be understood in retrospect and after intense study... it has already lost its power to be a compelling argument of necessity.

This is my second problem. If you ever have to suspend scrutiny or logic in order to arrive to your conclusion then it has lost all argumentative value. "Trust me it works out if you believe" isn't a valid debatable argument.

God does not give godly wisdom to those who doubt and do not have faith in Him or His Word.Thats why it says in the holy scriptures that it is by grace alone that one comes to understand the holy scriptures.

Ephesians 2:8-9. 8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast.

Those who are haughty and think to much of themselves have already messed up.God despises haughtiness.God gives His wisdom to the meek ones.The wisdom of this world is foolishness to God.

1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness in God's sight. As it is written: "He catches the wise in their craftiness";

Proverbs 21:30
There is no wisdom, no insight, no plan that can succeed against the LORD.

1 Corinthians 1:20
Where is the wise person? Where is the teacher of the law? Where is the philosopher of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world?

Thats why one must seek God with good intensions and not thinking they already know everything.Just like people who think they can go to a university to learn about God.These will never learn the truth for they are being taught by men and their beliefs.

Just read up on it. It is the definition of reaching. It is a long shot re-interpretation based on re-defining what the story said in order to fit something that happened later. I don't find this convincing for Christianity or Judaism who both claim it as evidence of their viability.

If you are willing to listen,I will come back tomorrow, and explain in detail, the prophecies of the 2,520 years and the 70 weeks.If you don't believe, and will just argue,then please tell me this, so we don't waste each others time.

I must go now.I have been talking about the Wo0rd of God for hours now.Thanks.

Monk Of Reason

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
God does not give godly wisdom to those who doubt and do not have faith in Him or His Word.Thats why it says in the holy scriptures that it is by grace alone that one comes to understand the holy scriptures.

Ephesians 2:8-9. 8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast.

Those who are haughty and think to much of themselves have already messed up.God despises haughtiness.God gives His wisdom to the meek ones.The wisdom of this world is foolishness to God.

1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness in God's sight. As it is written: "He catches the wise in their craftiness";

Proverbs 21:30
There is no wisdom, no insight, no plan that can succeed against the LORD.

1 Corinthians 1:20
Where is the wise person? Where is the teacher of the law? Where is the philosopher of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world?

Thats why one must seek God with good intensions and not thinking they already know everything.Just like people who think they can go to a university to learn about God.These will never learn the truth for they are being taught by men and their beliefs.

Circular logic. If I am willing to believe then god will give me the ability to believe. I don't find this line of reasoning compelling in the slightest.

If you are willing to listen,I will come back tomorrow, and explain in detail, the prophecies of the 2,520 years and the 70 weeks.If you don't believe, and will just argue,then please tell me this, so we don't waste each others time.

I must go now.I have been talking about the Wo0rd of God for hours now.Thanks.
Sure just respond to this post and I'll have at it.

allright

fantôme profane;3917309 said:
You say that the destruction of the temple was not "mentioned", but then go on to say that it was "predicted". But if in fact these documents are written after 70 CE then this is not a true "prediction". It is only a prediction if you have already established that they are written before 70 CE. In other words it would literally be a miracle if these documents were written before 70 CE. That might not be a problem for you, but try to put yourself in the position of those you are trying to convince. This is just an absolute non starter.

When Jesus said the temple was going to be destroyed he was restating what Daniel was told 500 years earlier, which by the way he was the one who told Daniel

Last edited:
Circular logic. If I am willing to believe then god will give me the ability to believe. I don't find this line of reasoning compelling in the slightest.

Sure just respond to this post and I'll have at it.
The 2,520 year prophecy in the book of Daniel is also referred to as the prophecy of the 
"Gentile Times." It deals with the time when God said there would be no more Kings 
appointed by Him, on His throne, for Jerusalem. Back in the days the Jews wanted a King they could see, so God permitted Kings for Israel.Do you remember the first? It was Saul.So Saul was anointed by Samuel and became first King of Israel.Now,when the nation of Israel, in a sense, committed spiritual adultery against Jehovah God over the years,God turned away from them.Jehovah promised there would not be any more Kings appointed by Him for Israel anymore until Jesus Christ rules as King on Gods throne.

The last King that was appointed by God was King Zedekiah.He was removed by 
military force.This is how the prophecy begins.......

In 617 B.C.E. King Nebuchadnezzar's Babylonian army was besieging Jerusalem.
Following the death of his father Jehoiakim, Jehoiachin began ruling as king.
After having reigned three months and ten days,Jehoiachin surrendered to the king of Babylon (617 B.C.E.) Subsequently, Nebuchadnezzar placed Zedekiah on the throne at Jerusalem and had him take an oath in Jehovah’s name. This oath obligated Zedekiah to be a loyal vassal king.—2Ch 36:10, 11; Eze 17:12-14; compare 2Ch 36:13.
Zedekiah was 21 years old and reigned for 11 years.

Now,Jerusalem was under Babylonian control,by King Nebuchadnezzar, but, it did not fall until 607 B.C.E.King Zedekiah was 32.His young sons were killed before his eyes and he was then blinded, and taken captive back to Babylon, where he later died in custody.

I have explained the history about King Zedekiah and King Nebuchadnezzar.

When the fall of Jerusalem occurred,the Babylonian army took captives.Among these were 4 young men.Daniel,Mishael,Hananiah and Azariah.It was Daniel who would serve as a lamp for Jehovah in Babylon, and prophecy according to Gods will.----Ok...this is where we need to pay close attention.----
Since the last appointed King of Jerusalem was King Zedekiah,this marks the beginning of the "Gentile Times." This is the period of time that Jerusalem, and the world, would be ruled by Gentile Kings.

This occurred in 607 B.C.E.

So, according to the years given in the prophecy of Daniel,the 2,520 years,all one has to do is add the 606 years,since you do not count 607,and go forward 2,520 years.You come to the year 1914 CE. To verify this just add 606+1914 and you get 2,520 years. 

Ok,so now we have the end year of the 2,520 year prophecy being 1914 A.D. or C.E.
One might say,so what,what does that prove? What event of great significance 
happened in the year 1914? WWI.There had never in the history of the world been a war that involved the entire globe.The world was at peace for a very long time and out of nowhere World War I erupted, literally over night.It started with the assassination of 
Archduke Ferdinand,heir to the AustroHungarian Empire.He was shot to death along side his wife on June 28th 1914,by Serbian nationalist,in Sarajevo Bosnia.

This is what sparked WWI.WWI also introduced military warfare never ever seen before like:Submarines,Tanks,Airplanes,Machine guns,Flame throwers,Chemical's etc..

WWI happening tells us something.

It also happening at the end of the "Gentile Times" prophecy proves something.It shows how Jesus Christ has taken control of the 
Kingdom of God ,and is reigning King on Gods throne.It coincides with what is spoken of in Revelation 12:9 about satan and his demons being cast down to earth.

It also says in 12:12 "Woe to the earth and the sea, because the devil has come down to you, having great wrath, knowing that he has only a short time."

It also says this in 1 Peter 5:8 "Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.

So we have the end of the 2,520 year prophecy ending as WWI is starting.God stated that at the end of this 2,520 prophecy is when Jesus Christ would begin ruling as King.
When Jesus Christ returns and comes down to destroy the wicked, on the appointed day,thats when the wicked ones set for judgment will be done away with.This will mark the beginning of the 1,000 year reign of peace.Once the last enemy is done away with, which is death,then,Jesus Christ will hand over the Kingdom back to God.This is all spoken of in 1 Corinthians 15:24-28. 

When Jesus said the temple was going to be destroyed he was restating what Daniel was told 500 years earlier, which by the way he was the one who told Daniel
That is incorrect.It was the angel Gabriel who gave this information to Daniel.
Its in Daniel chapter 9:20.

20 While I was speaking and praying, confessing my sin and the sin of my people Israel and making my request to the Lord my God for his holy hill— 21 while I was still in prayer, Gabriel, the man I had seen in the earlier vision, came to me in swift flight about the time of the evening sacrifice. 22 He instructed me and said to me, “Daniel, I have now come to give you insight and understanding.

It further goes on to describe the prophecy of the 70 weeks.

23 As soon as you began to pray, a word went out, which I have come to tell you, for you are highly esteemed. Therefore, consider the word and understand the vision:

24 “Seventy ‘sevens’ are decreed for your people and your holy city to finish transgression, to put an end to sin, to atone for wickedness, to bring in everlasting righteousness, to seal up vision and prophecy and to anoint the Most Holy Place.

25 “Know and understand this: From the time the word goes out to restore and rebuild Jerusalem until the Anointed One, the ruler, comes, there will be seven ‘sevens,’ and sixty-two ‘sevens.’ It will be rebuilt with streets and a trench, but in times of trouble.

26 After the sixty-two ‘sevens,’ the Anointed One will be put to death and will have nothing. The people of the ruler who will come will destroy the city and the sanctuary. The end will come like a flood: War will continue until the end, and desolations have been decreed.

27 He will confirm a covenant with many for one ‘seven.’ In the middle of the ‘seven’ he will put an end to sacrifice and offering. And at the temple he will set up an abomination that causes desolation, until the end that is decreed is poured out on him.”

Shuttlecraft

.Navigator
fantôme profane;3919292 said:
Ok, just for a minute consider the Gospel of Mark with it's original ending before it was added to. It originally ended at 16:8, and we have good scholarly documentation for this. The Gospel originally ended with the two women going up to the tomb, seeing it already opened, they see a man who tells them that Jesus has risen, and then the two women go away and tell no one. The end..

So what? Regard Mark's original as a "first edition"..:)
Later, people came up to him with eyewitness accounts of Jesus's appearances after resurrecting so he included them in a second edition.
Authors of all sorts of factual books do it even today as new information comes to light..:)

lAnother thing brother,the book of Daniel was completed in 536 B.C.E. It covers the time from 618 B.C.E. to 536 B.C.E. Babylon was taken by King Cyrus and Darius the Mede in 539 B.C.E.

The 70 weeks prophecy was given to Daniel by Gabriel, 9:1"In the first year of Darius son of Xerxes(a Mede by descent), who was made ruler over the Babylonian kingdom— 2 in the first year of his reign"

So we know it was around 539 B.C.E.

Thats would mean the prophecy Jesus spoke of about Daniel, in the book of Matthew, concerning the destruction of Jerusalem, would be about 570 years, not 500.

Jesus was baptized in 29 C.E., around the age of 31, since he was born in 2 B.C.E.
add the 2 B.C.E. + 29 C.E. and you get =31 years old.

Jesus chose his disciples around 31 C.E.and delivers the Sermon on the Mount.

So this time was a little before Jesus was put to death.Jesus was put to death at the age of 35 in 33C.E.

539 B.C.E. + lets say 31 C.E. would = 570

It was around 570 years,not 500.

Last edited: