• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Resurrection is it provable?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
No... they give some sites that are then refuted by other sites...

But you can continue trying if you want.

Your sites were already shown to have no value when it comes to this debate.

The questions is, why are you so desperate to keep using dishonest sites?

"Plants are made on the third day before there was a sun to drive their photosynthetic processes"

11 And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so.

But there was light before the sun. Also it would be good to notice, the plants were first only seeds, because:

No plant of the field was yet in the earth, and no herb of the field had yet sprung up; for Yahweh God had not caused it to rain on the earth. There was not a man to till the ground,
Gen. 2:5

Sorry, you failed.

Good grief, and we didn't land on the moon, the earth is flat and Trump won the 2020 election.

I don't think there is any good reason to claim that the earth is flat. But, I don't believe Trump lost and it is possible that the moon landing was fake, there are good reasons to think so.

Altfish

Veteran Member
I don't think there is any good reason to claim that the earth is flat. But, I don't believe Trump lost and it is possible that the moon landing was fake, there are good reasons to think so.
...and with that I rest my case.
What evidence do you have that the earth isn't flat?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
But there was light before the sun. Also it would be good to notice, the plants were first only seeds, because:

No plant of the field was yet in the earth, and no herb of the field had yet sprung up; for Yahweh God haud not caused it to rain on the earth. There was not a man to till the ground,

Sorry, you failed.
Oh dear. Circular reasoning fail.

leroy

Whoa!! Citation needed. And if the claims are nothing claims that does not give you much support.

And once again a demonstration that you do not understand the burden of proof. A low level claim does not need much evidence. Especially one that makes no difference at all. If I claim to be male or female what difference is it going to make to you? You are never going to meet me so I would say that is none at all. If I claim that I nailed a guy to a board and hung it up on it and then he died but came back a day and a half later that is going to take quite a bit of reliable evidence.

Once again you are jumping in to a conversation that without understanding the context.

The claim is that events that where interpreted as miracles by some people occured ..... which is a "low level claim " ..... so by your rules all I need is ordinary evidence ,

Whoa!! Citation needed. And if the claims are nothing claims that does not give you much support.

There really was a Jesus , there rally was a James, a Peter , a John , a John the Baptist, a Pilate a Caiphas, the names of the cessars and herods are correct etc

The role of imeach character is correct for example Pilate really was the guy in charge, Caiphas was the high Priest etc

The towns mentioned in the gospels are real places and where described accurately.

Common names like Marry John Josep Simon etc where also common in the gospels

Etc

These are all examples of testable claims made in the gospels that happen to be true //

So if the authors are correct in most (if not all) the testable claims, why not give them the benefit of the doubt in the rest of the claims.........? For your comfort I am just talking about the ordinary claims (not miracles)

So would you honestly address this point ?

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Your sites were already shown to have no value when it comes to this debate.

The questions is, why are you so desperate to keep using dishonest sites?
Another personal opinion with no supportive documentation. Which you are free to have.

Sheldon

Veteran Member

No plant of the field was yet in the earth, and no herb of the field had yet sprung up; for Yahweh God had not caused it to rain on the earth. There was not a man to till the ground,

Sorry, you failed.

I think you may want to look into photosynthesis and how it works. Plants did not exist before our sun, nor would sufficient light for photosynthesis. The claim is obviously an error, and it is far from the only one of course.

Sheldon

Veteran Member
LOL... that is why I really don't answer his questions (most of the time).
Yeah ok, that's why. :rolleyes::tearsofjoy:

You have plenty of form for making claims, and then hiding behind the "it's my belief" argument, that's a weak excuse in a debate. You can believe whatever you want, but without any objective evidence defending those claims in a debate is always going to involve not answering questions.

PearlSeeker

There really was a Jesus , there rally was a James, a Peter , a John , a John the Baptist, a Pilate a Caiphas, the names of the cessars and herods are correct etc

The role of imeach character is correct for example Pilate really was the guy in charge, Caiphas was the high Priest etc

The towns mentioned in the gospels are real places and where described accurately.

Common names like Marry John Josep Simon etc where also common in the gospels
"Narratives, even ancient fictional ones, certainly can and sometimes do involve persons known to have a real historical existence. And probably most ancient fiction is known to contain scenes based on real ethnic groups, geographic areas and cities."

(Neil Godfrey in: Interlude: Why I Doubt the Historical Existence of Jesus)

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Another personal opinion with no supportive documentation. Which you are free to have.
No, once again this is an observation. This was your chance to ask for evidence. Instead you repeated a false claim about others.
Of course when you know that someone will support their claims with evidence you never seem to ask for evidence. Not asking for evidence in a debate is essentially acceptance.