• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Resurrected Christ is Jesus, not Yahweh.

Goodman John

One can read and enact the lessons of the Christ, but it's not my belief that Jesus' death (and the Christ's spirit returning to God) did- or can- in any way 'atone for our sins' past, present, or future. Jesus- the Man- was deemed to be a troublemaker and was executed for it. All in all it was a hat trick- the Christ got to get back to God, Jesus- whatever part of us is retained by the soul- went to God with the Christ, and God- through the message of the Christ by way of Jesus- got a huge IN YOUR FACE smack down on Satan.

moorea944

You have taken on foreign beliefs,
Matthew 15:9
And you aren't reading, or believing, not sure which, what the Bible tells you.

A prayer thusly 'Lord God', means, 'Jesus, Yah, who is God', so forth.

This is why the Christian Bible does not work with your beliefs. Even at the most interpretive, it doesn't work, as you have thusly prayers to Jesus before incarnation, so forth, which clearly you can't believe to be true.

By a hodge podge mix n match of religious doctrine, and finding verses to interpret away from the fact that Jesus is the Lord, therefore God, you have construed a nonsensical religion, with Jesus contradicting your entity, so forth.

LOL, spoken like a true trinititarian!!!

Again, you have things wrong. Lord God does not mean Jesus Yahweh, It means that because you want it to mean that. You actually unfortunately believe that Jesus is God. Your using works like incarnation, which is not even in the bible. And your telling me my faith is wrong? Wow!!, But anyhow..... Lord God means Adonai Yahweh. Just because Jesus is called Lord, doesnt make him God. Lord is just a title of authority. Ugghhh..... If your called Lord and that makes you God, we would have a million Gods, esp in Japan and England.

Someone told you that Jesus is God and your bringing that into the bible. Stop using words like incarnation and look what the bible is saying to you.

Jesus is not God because someone called him Lord. Then Moses, angels, David, etc would be God too.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Basically Jesus sacrifices Yahweh, and resumes, as Lord, in Spirit form.
^

God was not the sacrifice, Jesus was.
I didn't write 'God' there.

Again, you have things wrong. Lord God does not mean Jesus Yahweh, It means that because you want it to mean that. You actually unfortunately believe that Jesus is God. Your using works like incarnation, which is not even in the bible. And your telling me my faith is wrong? Wow!!, But anyhow..... Lord God means Adonai Yahweh. Just because Jesus is called Lord, doesnt make him God. Lord is just a title of authority. Ugghhh..... If your called Lord and that makes you God, we would have a million Gods, esp in Japan and England.

Someone told you that Jesus is God and your bringing that into the bible. Stop using words like incarnation and look what the bible is saying to you.

Jesus is not God because someone called him Lord. Then Moses, angels, David, etc would be God too.
Lots of wrong stuff there. I didn't say that Lord God means Jesus Yahweh, that is totally wrong. So stop saying what you think I mean, and reference what I'm actually writing.

Speaking of which, you are mix n matching all over the place.

Last edited:

Desert Snake

Veteran Member

And this is how you are totally wrong...

As I said, a prayer to Lord God, is referring to Jesus, then you say that Jesus is Adonai...

Thusly as I said,
Lord God, as a prayer, Adonai Elohim,

Is a prayer that you cannot accept, even though it is in Scripture.
That's what happens when you have false interpretations of Scripture.

Last edited:

moorea944

You totally messed up on this argument...

As I said, a prayer to Lord God, is referring to Jesus, then you say that Jesus is Adonai...

Thusly as I said,
Lord God, as a prayer, Adonai Elohim,

Is a prayer that you cannot accept, even though it is in Scripture.
That's what happens when you have false interpretations of Scripture.

Lord God is not referring to Jesus. As a trinitarian, you make it that way. When we pray, we dont pray to Jesus, we pray to God our heavenly father. We pray through Jesus. Jesus is our mediator, not our God. The bible does not portray Jesus as God as you make it.

Plus, you did say Yahweh was a sacrifice which is incorrect. And i also know what Elohim, Eloah, El means too. God can mean different things, just like the word GOD.

If scripture tells us that Jesus was a man, like us, and the son of God... Why are you changing it to something else?
Cant you just except what scripture is telling you? If Jesus is a God, then the atonement goes right out the window.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Lord God is not referring to Jesus. As a trinitarian, you make it that way. When we pray, we dont pray to Jesus, we pray to God our heavenly father. We pray through Jesus. Jesus is our mediator, not our God. The bible does not portray Jesus as God as you make it.

Plus, you did say Yahweh was a sacrifice which is incorrect. And i also know what Elohim, Eloah, El means too. God can mean different things, just like the word GOD.

If scripture tells us that Jesus was a man, like us, and the son of God... Why are you changing it to something else?
Cant you just except what scripture is telling you? If Jesus is a God, then the atonement goes right out the window.
Yet you have to accept what I wrote, if you are reading Scripture straightforward.

The problem here is that you want me to accept what is basically a non Biblical interpretation.

Last edited:

leov

So, in argument after argument, the idea presented is that Jesus is, or isn't, Yahweh.
However,
Jesus in human form, is Yahweh.
Jesus in Spirit form, is Jesus.

This is why the Kingdom of 'G-d', is Jesus's Kingdom.

John 18:36
Jesus is the Lord, in Spirit form, and hence why
2 Corinthians 6:18

Makes sense, and many other verses.
In other words it's a linear progression of Yahweh incarnating, sacrificing himself, and then Jesus receives the Kingdom.

This is also why there is only 'one god', as said, in the Christian Bible.

[Comments or arguments welcome.
Jesus was a man Son of Man,
Christ is Copy of True God, Spirit, The First Thought. Christ lived in Jesus, Christ Jesus.

Goodman John

Christ is Copy of True God, Spirit, The First Thought. Christ lived in Jesus, Christ Jesus.

I believe you're right in that the Christ lived in Jesus, but my interpretation is that the Christ was a spirit in its own right and not in any way a 'copy' of God or even God himself. I believe the Christ was created by God, jut the same as any other spirit (or angel) but was the greatest of these. Thus Jesus himself was just a man, but was randomly possessed of the spirit of the Christ who worked through Jesus to share his teachings. In effect, Jesus was (as are all our bodies for the spirits that inhabit us), in effect, just a 'dirty shirt' for the Christ. When Jesus was killed, his essence ascended with the Christ back to God and Jesus possibly became a spirit in his own right.

leov

I believe you're right in that the Christ lived in Jesus, but my interpretation is that the Christ was a spirit in its own right and not in any way a 'copy' of God or even God himself. I believe the Christ was created by God, jut the same as any other spirit (or angel) but was the greatest of these. Thus Jesus himself was just a man, but was randomly possessed of the spirit of the Christ who worked through Jesus to share his teachings. In effect, Jesus was (as are all our bodies for the spirits that inhabit us), in effect, just a 'dirty shirt' for the Christ. When Jesus was killed, his essence ascended with the Christ back to God and Jesus possibly became a spirit in his own right.
Christ is High Aeon, maybe the highest. 'Copy' is something understandable, something that relates to True God and us, human souls.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
You seem to believe that refutes what I wrote? Can't tell

The problem with that is that my description is better, as you are mixing up some words and ideas, or something.

Last edited:

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
What is happening here is that the Bible is being interpreted as to the 'person', of Jesus, yet we need to accept the surrounding ideas, instead of interpreting that as some sort of possession.

leov

You seem to believe that refutes what I wrote? Can't tell

The problem with that is that my description is better, as you are mixing up some words and ideas, or something.
I read Bible in a different way. There is no dogma in the Bible, nothing is cast in concrete. I posted my take, if what you said is what is opened to you, this is correct for you and for who agree with you.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
I read Bible in a different way. There is no dogma in the Bible, nothing is cast in concrete. I posted my take, if what you said is what is opened to you, this is correct for you and for who agree with you.
In other words you didn't understand what I wrote, didn't refute what I wrote, and didn't understand my answer to that.

leov

In other words you didn't understand what I wrote, didn't refute what I wrote, and didn't understand my answer to that.
I think I understood what you meant, I was not trying to refute you, I just refute you, I just posted what I understand from the Bible about Jesus - True God relationship.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
I think I understood what you meant, I was not trying to refute you, I just refute you, I just posted what I understand from the Bible about Jesus - True God relationship.
Yes, however if you believe that Jesus was sacrificed, by an entity, it means jesus was possessed, some rabbi, and sacrificed by an entity that you are calling g-d. It's the same problem as the separate persons trinity.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
And the other context? Like Jesus on the cross? Why is your entity sacrificing a rabbi? I mean there is a lot of stuff you are leaving out.

leov

Yes, however if you believe that Jesus was sacrificed, by an entity, it means jesus was possessed, some rabbi, and sacrificed by an entity that you are calling g-d. It's the same problem as the separate persons trinity.
"14how much more will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without blemish to God, purify ourg conscience from dead works to serve the living God."