• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The results are in: non-believers are smarter!

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
With tongue firmly planted in cheek...

Last night, "Test the Nation: IQ" aired on the CBC, with six in-studio teams: atheists, believers, contact sports athletes, nerds, twins and politicians. Canadians across the country could also take the test online.

During the show, we learned that of the in-studio teams, the nerds got the highest score, followed by the politicians. Atheists were in third, followed by contact sports athletes and believers in a tie for fourth. The twins came in last.

Today, they've posted the nationwide results, with summaries by different categories:

• Religious (6182 respondents)
    • Average score: 31.21
    • Average IQ: 111.48
  • Agnostic (3955 respondents)
    • Average score: 33.4
    • Average IQ: 115.37
  • Atheist (3584 respondents)
    • Average score: 33.41
    • Average IQ: 114.26
  • Other (4544 respondents)
    • Average score: 30.62
    • Average IQ: 109.87
Note: even though atheists scored highest in the number of correct answers on the test, the IQ result was a function of both test score and age... hence the discrepancy.

However, the most surprising result for me was that up to three concussions, number of concussions generally had a positive correlation with IQ.

The full results are here:

Take the Test | Test The Nation: IQ | CBC Television

MSizer

MSizer
My wife and I were supposed to be participants on the show, but due to a communication faliure (which annoyed the crap out of me) we turned up at our registration point only to find out they'd given away our seats the night before. Totally sucked to drive in to toronto only to hear "we thought you guys weren't coming".