• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Restitution Of All Things

Status
Not open for further replies.

FineLinen

54857-33934-066.jpg

“For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.”

NOTHING!

1. Not death.

2. Not life.

3. Not angels.

4. Not powers.

5. Not the present/ not the future.

6. No power.
oudepote= never at any time

Last edited:

FineLinen

Two Rules

Rule #1: The sreadfast love of the Lord never ceases, never at any time, it is oudepote.

Rule #2: When in doubt refer to rule #1.

FineLinen

Clearly in Scripture = Krustallizo =

To shine like crystal in crystalline brightness & transparency.

The work of Jesus Christ bringing broken sinners to shine in His likeness.

Saint Stephen posted

I envisioned a rather common drinking glass in a second hand shop. Taken away to be cherished for the hidden beauty. Years of stain and tarnish carefully and expertly washed away. Plunged in the wash water time and again. Every nook and cranny invaded by the hot bubbly brine. The wash rag squeaking when it finds the original material underneath. Then rinsed clean and set aside to dry. A final toweling reveals a treasure once cast aside in the shop. The no longer common-looking glass then placed on a shelf ready for service once more. A gleaming vessel restored to original glory and to the maker’s intent.

ZenMonkey

St. James VII
On this link I hope to present the restitution of all things. We will look at the meaning of all in koine Greek as well as ta panta. We will consider some of those who have grasped this mystery in various periods & the Scriptural foundation for such belief.

The early Church

Indeed Very Many: Universalism in the Early Church

"It is in Him, and through the shedding of His blood, that we have our deliverance--the forgiveness of our offences--so abundant was God's grace, the grace which He, the possessor of all wisdom and understanding, lavished upon us, when He made known to us the secret of His will. And this is in harmony with God's merciful purpose for the government of the world when the times are ripe for it--the purpose which He has cherished in His own mind of restoring the whole creation to find its one Head in Christ; yes, things in Heaven and things on earth, to find their one Head in Him. And you..."

From the beginning as written in Genesis, death has been part of our cycle ... it's a circle of life, it is life, so with that said, it has no sting nor the grace victory ... for some. Others fight tooth and nail against death, so much so they attempt to cheat death, but death is life and life is death and we, as Jesus, all take our part in the shedding of blood phenomena, or rather that doctrine. It's not just Jesus who bleeds, but all who live and have that life inside themselves. We can't hardly expect anything without first being given life ... much less a reconciliation or reconstitution or forgiveness or expect anything anywhere anytime. We must first live, then the rest comes ... that includes death. Acceptance ... Hell, Jesus rebuked Peter for the very same thing ... to suggest that Jesus shouldn't or wouldn't when life teaches different. That's life.

FineLinen

From the beginning as written in Genesis, death has been part of our cycle ... it's a circle of life, it is life, so with that said, it has no sting nor the grace victory ... for some. Others fight tooth and nail against death, so much so they attempt to cheat death, but death is life and life is death and we, as Jesus, all take our part in the shedding of blood phenomena, or rather that doctrine. It's not just Jesus who bleeds, but all who live and have that life inside themselves. We can't hardly expect anything without first being given life ... much less a reconciliation or reconstitution or forgiveness or expect anything anywhere anytime. We must first live, then the rest comes ... that includes death. Acceptance ... Hell, Jesus rebuked Peter for the very same thing ... to suggest that Jesus shouldn't or wouldn't when life teaches different. That's life.

Dear Zen: Much thanks for your post.

The Lord Jesus Christ swallows death in zao life. He consumes it in the overcoming power of His Life. Yes, and He is the One who holds the keys of death and hell & He knows how to turn the keys!

"We all must die and are like water spilled on the ground that cannot be gathered up again, but the Lord does not take away life, instead He devises ways for the banished to be restored."

FineLinen

The Song Of Creation (W.F.Adeney)

"When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy" Job 38:7

A GLAD SONG.

This highly poetic picture describes the joy of creation. When the world was made God saw that it was good (Genesis 1:10). There is no Manichaean pessimism in the Bible. Nature is full of gladness. This we should expect when we know the character of God, for he whose name is love must take pleasure in the joy of his creatures. We may see the same truth in the construction of the world. It is beautiful, and made to minister to the happiness of the myriads of living creatures that inhabit it. We may find it hard to catch the echoes of the song of creation, yet even amid the toils and cares of life it is cheering to be reminded of its rare and ravishing melody.

A SONG OF PRAISE.

This was more than gladness. The Creator's glory is celebrated in the joyful recognition of the greatness and beauty of his works. Nature-worship always tends to grovel in the mire, twining itself most closely about the lowest thing in nature. Wordsworth was a prophet of nature of the highest order, because he saw more than nature, and because he took nature as a mirror of the spiritual world. The glad praises of the sons of the morning begin the history of the world with a hymn to God.

A HOPEFUL SONG.

It was sung by morning stars, in view of the new day of creation. It sprang out of the fresh youth of the world. We praise God for what he has done since that first psalm was sung. Yet we too can sing in hope, for God still lights up the future with glory. There is always something melancholy in a song of memory. The right attitude of the sons of God is the forward gaze.

A HARMONIOUS SONG.

The morning stars sang together. Plato discovered the music of the spheres in their rhythmic movements. There is no music in war, confusion, or selfishness. The joy of heaven is the gladness of love. Sympathy tunes the sweetest music the heart can utter. If we would emulate the joyous praises of the angels, we must follow their willing obedience, and live in that heavenly atmosphere of love which is their home.

AN ANCIENT SONG.

Vastly more ancient than any one imagined in the days of Job. The brain grows dizzy in the vain attempt to form some idea of the immeasurable antiquity that is opened up to us by the wonderful story of geology. Before all that came the first song of creation. This thought dwarfs the life of man. Job had considered of the brevity of life from another point of view, and with regard to the melancholy prospect of its termination. Now he is to look back and see how recent was his origin. This was to check dogmatic assumptions. How can the creature of a day enter into the age-long counsels of God?

AS ETERNAL SONG.

The far-off antiquity was joyous in the light and love of God. But the Divine light and love have not laded out of the world. God is still creating. Every fresh spring is a new birth from God, every day has its dawning, every child its gladsome youth. The theory of evolution suggests even more joyous creations in the future. But better than them all is the second creation, the regeneration of souls, for which there is joy in the presence of the angels of God (Luke 15:10). The joy of creation is the angels' joy; that of redemption is "in the presence of the angels." For this greater joy does not first arise in them; it springs from the very heart of God.

Last edited:

74x12

On this link I hope to present the restitution of all things. We will look at the meaning of all in koine Greek as well as ta panta. We will consider some of those who have grasped this mystery in various periods & the Scriptural foundation for such belief.

The early Church

Indeed Very Many: Universalism in the Early Church

"It is in Him, and through the shedding of His blood, that we have our deliverance--the forgiveness of our offences--so abundant was God's grace, the grace which He, the possessor of all wisdom and understanding, lavished upon us, when He made known to us the secret of His will. And this is in harmony with God's merciful purpose for the government of the world when the times are ripe for it--the purpose which He has cherished in His own mind of restoring the whole creation to find its one Head in Christ; yes, things in Heaven and things on earth, to find their one Head in Him. And you..."
Jesus is the chief Cornerstone of not just the temple of God but of a whole new creation that is founded on him. This is to show that it is going to be eternal for he is immortal. Having once died he rose and so lives forevermore.

FineLinen

Romans 5:14-21

Nevertheless, death reigned from the time of Adam to the time of Moses, even over those who did not sin by breaking a command, as did Adam, who is a pattern of the one to come.

15 But the gift is not like the trespass. For if the many died by the trespass of the one man, how much more did God’s grace and the gift that came by the grace of the one man, Jesus Christ, overflow to the many!

16 Nor can the gift of God be compared with the result of one man’s sin: The judgment followed one sin and brought condemnation, but the gift followed many trespasses and brought justification.

17 For if, by the trespass of the one man, death reigned through that one man, how much more will those who receive God’s abundant provision of grace and of the gift of righteousness reign in life through the one man, Jesus Christ!

18 Consequently, just as one trespass resulted in condemnation for all people, so also one righteous act resulted in justification and life for all people. 19 For just as through the disobedience of the one man the many were made sinners, so also through the obedience of the one man the many will be made righteous.

tayla

My dog's name is Tayla
the purpose which He has cherished in His own mind of restoring the whole creation to find its one Head in Christ
If there is a good God, I would hope he/she at least doesn't send unwitting people to eternal torture in hell. It's bad enough that he/she created a world having creatures who suffer and eat each other, sometimes alive.

FineLinen

If there is a good God, I would hope he/she at least doesn't send unwitting people to eternal torture in hell. It's bad enough that he/she created a world having creatures who suffer and eat each other, sometimes alive.

Dear S.P. The Father of all fathers instructs us as His followers to forgive our enemies 70 X 7. If we think for a moment His love and mercy stops there we are sadly mistaken! His love never fails, His faithfulness follows close behind.

“For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.”

NOTHING!

1. Not death.

2. Not life.

3. Not angels.

4. Not powers.

5. Not the present/ not the future.

6. No power.
oudepote= never at any time

tayla

My dog's name is Tayla
The Father of all fathers instructs us as His followers to forgive our enemies 70 X 7. If we think for a moment His love and mercy stops there we are sadly mistaken! His love never fails,
How does God's love not fail when people are being tortured to death and animals eat each other alive?

74x12

How does God's love not fail when people are being tortured to death and animals eat each other alive?
I suppose that's when God's love is strongest. As when Jesus carried the cross and was tortured to death. But for what purpose? To show the love of God to a world that was blind to it. Because this world is lost and blind. An enemy has done this.

Don't look for paradise on earth or perfection here. Because everything is out of it's proper course and even the foundations of the world are unsteady and the world is ready to fall. But, God promised to make all things new and He is able to hold them up who trust in Him. And the wolf will lay down with the lamb and the lion will eat straw like an ox.

FineLinen

Dear S.P.: If you prefer to focus on the ghastly world of despair there is seemingly no hope. However, when hope seems hopeless there is the One who never wavers from His cherished purpose in the Son of His love. In fact, He wavers not and can be trusted to accomplish what He has began as the Author and Perfector.

“…Nothing can be lost that is not first owned. Just as a parent is compelled by civil law to be responsible for his family and his property, so the Creator --by His own divine law–in compelled to take care of the children He has created. And that means not only caring for the good children, but for the bad ones and lost ones as well. So the word lost came to be for Mrs. Smith (Hannah W. Smith), a term of greatest comfort. If a person is a “lost sinner” it only means that he is temporarily separated from the Good Shepherd who owns him. The Shepherd is bound by all duties of ownership to go after all those who are lost until they are found.” -Catherine Marshall-

tayla

My dog's name is Tayla
An enemy has done this.
If God is good, and if he created the universe and everything in it, how can there be an enemy of God which is not directly under God's control?

In other words, since evil exists, and since God is the creator of everything, doesn't this mean that God created evil? (And can a God like this be truly good?)

tayla

My dog's name is Tayla
However, when hope seems hopeless there is the One who never wavers from His cherished purpose in the Son of His love. In fact, He wavers not and can be trusted to accomplish what He has began as the Author and Perfector.
I don't dwell on the evil of the world as you suppose.

I wonder how it is possible in such a world containing so much evil; how it is possible that a good God who created everything created it this way?

I have no objection if Christian theologians want to believe the following:
  1. When you see something good, God did it. Praise God!
  2. When you see something evil, God will someday rectify the badness of this situation. Praise God!

FineLinen

If God is good, and if he created the universe and everything in it, how can there be an enemy of God which is not directly under God's control?

In other words, since evil exists, and since God is the creator of everything, doesn't this mean that God created evil? (And can a God like this be truly good?)

Dear S.P.: Our God is good. He is the Creator of the all. Everything is completely enclosed within His control and will ultimately be demonstrated to be so!

Now I hold that the following proposition is self-evident. Given a God of infinite power, wisdom and goodness, He is responsible for ALL things that exist. And this also follows from the wisdom and goodness of God: All things that exist are for an intelligent and benevolent end. These conclusions are inevitable from the premises; they cannot be modified except by modifying the premises. For instance, if you say that some things exist contrary to God’s will, then it follows that God is not all-powerful; and you cannot escape this conclusion by bringing in the orthodox doctrine of man’s free moral agency, for whatever a free moral agent may do, He is responsible for it who made him a free moral agent. If God made man a free moral agent, He knew beforehand what the result would be, and hence is just as responsible for the consequences of the acts of that free moral agent as He would be for the act of an irresponsible machine that He had made. -A.P. Adams-

THE PURPOSE OF EVIL BY: A.P. ADAMS – Kingdom Resources

The Consuming Fire - George MacDonald-

Unspoken Sermons by George MacDonald: The Consuming Fire

Last edited:

FineLinen

I don't dwell on the evil of the world as you suppose.

I wonder how it is possible in such a world containing so much evil; how it is possible that a good God who created everything created it this way?

I have no objection if Christian theologians want to believe the following:
  1. When you see something good, God did it. Praise God!
  2. When you see something evil, God will someday rectify the badness of this situation. Praise God!

My friend: I agree with your assessment. Our God will indeed rectify the all, every little detail!

74x12

It's part of the process. This isn't the finished creation. We're on day 5 or 6. I don't know. But not day 7 yet when God "rests from all his work".

Just as you need heat to cook something or purify metal. The creation needs evil to bring out it's beauty.

FineLinen

It's part of the process. This isn't the finished creation. We're on day 5 or 6. I don't know. But not day 7 yet when God "rests from all his work".

Just as you need heat to cook something or purify metal. The creation needs evil to bring out it's beauty.

Dear 74X12: Thank you for your post. I have no idea what day we have come to in the Grand Scheme, or if year 49 has been reached. Perhaps one of these days we wil take a little tour of the Jubilee cycles of the Old Covenant.

To reconcile=

Definition of RECONCILE

Status
Not open for further replies.