• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Restitution Of All Things

Status
Not open for further replies.

FineLinen

THE CORRECTIVE JUDGMENTS OF GOD

0 Lord, correct me, but with judgment; not in Thine anger, lest Thou bring me to nothing (lest Thou diminish me)." [Jeremiah 10:24].

The Hebrew word for "correct" is "yasar," and has also been translated as- TO INSTRUCT, TO CHASTEN, BE TAUGHT, BE REFORMED, etc. While the Greek word is "paideuo" and includes the thought of CHILD-TRAINING, involving the whole process of discipline which girds us up to the right way.

The admonition for spiritual growth is always before us, "GROW in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ." [2 Peter 3:18]. To grow in grace requires that we pass through all of those processes whereby the works of the flesh are stripped off, and we cease to follow our own self-centered will, and become conformed to HIS WILL. Thus we see God often has to use corrective measures to bring us to the place where it is "no more I, but Christ liveth in me." [Galatians 2:20].

Jeremiah realized this need for development, and He also realized that "the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps." [Jeremiah 10 :23], and so he made his request, "CORRECT ME, BUT WITH JUDGMENT." What a prayer! "Lord, gird me up, bring me into aright standing with Thee, instruct me in the way that I should go, USING YOUR BLESSED JUDGMENTS to accomplish the purpose. Not with anger, that would surely diminish me, but if You use Your judgments, it shall work good in me." Ah, what a revelation concerning the judgments of our God.

Man has long viewed God's judgments as a vindictive action prompted by a motive for revenge and supported by a tumultuous wrath that must be pacified. NOT SO! Such is a gross caricature of our God! His mercy and grace are super-abundant, and though He finds it necessary to chasten, His wisdom and righteousness produce a just and pure chastisement conditioned to correct the situation, and thus bring forth a creature improved by the process.

ALL OF GOD'S JUDGMENTS ARE CORRECTIVE IN NATURE, motivated by His love, and used to work out a divine purpose, into our good, and His praise!

Proverbs 3:11-12

One of the things that needs to be considered is that to speak of the chastening and correction of the Lord does not necessarily mean receiving a whipping. Remember, the main goal in view is that of vital INSTRUCTION, that we might learn to walk in the way that is pleasing to the Lord. God is not in the process of continually spanking His children just for the sake of spanking them. God uses these various methods of discipline TO TEACH US, INSTRUCT US, that we might grow up into spiritual maturity, conformed to His will, being partakers of His divine nature. It is a constant demonstration of His love, to know that He is vitally concerned with us, that He would give us this individual attention, and shapen our lives to His own image.

Despise not..." this word "despise" comes from the Hebrew word "maas" meaning, to loathe, despise, reject. How often have men rejected the instruction of the Lord, and found to their sorrow that they should have hearkened to Him.

Jeremiah has often been called "the weeping prophet" because of the tears which he shed for his people. What sorrow of heart he must have felt because of their rebellious condition, and how often the word of the Lord came to him, "In vain have I smitten your children; they received no correction." [Jeremiah 2:30]. "They have refused to receive correction: they have made their faces harder than a rock; they have refused to return." [Jeremiah 5:3]. "This is a nation that obeyeth not the voice of the Lord their God, nor receiveth correction: truth is perished, and is cut off from their mouth." [Jeremiah 7:28]. What an indictment!

Matthew 11:29-30

There's no rest in thy confusion,
Good and evil, gold and dross,
But the twain for thee are parted,
Separated at the cross.

In the blessed girding up of our Lord, though it requires a stripping of things the self-life holds dear, in due time we shall discover we have but lost the weight of earthly burdens, and they are no loss at all--we are simply freed to enter into a higher realm, into HIS rest and peace.

Not only do the judgments of God bring rest unto our own soul, but there is another side to this, when we read, "Correct thy son, and he shall give thee rest; yea, he shall give delight unto thy soul." [Proverbs 29:17]. There is no doubt that we all have experienced seeing those children who torment and pester their parents, causing them much grief with their rebellion and self will. Finally when the parent has endured all he can take, or at least realizes that this has gone on long enough, he steps in with discipline, and all is quieted. The child learns a lesson; and the parent has rest. -Ray Prinzing-

FineLinen

proxy.php

FineLinen

"Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.

For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous." -Romans 5:18-

Made sinners= ginomai hamartolos

Made righteous= ginomai dikaios

Made=

To become/ became/ are become

Constituted

Sinners=

One who misses the mark.

The fallen condition of ALL mankind.

Righteous=

Signifies just by the judgement of God.

Of His ways & character.

Many constituted sinners= many constituted righteous

Last edited:

FineLinen

The foundation for everlasting punishment=

1. I was hungry and you gave Me no meat.

2. I was thirsty and you gave Me no drink:

3. I was a stranger and you took Me not in.

4. I was naked and you did not clothe Me.

5. I was in prison and you did not visit Me.
Upon this foundation rests the doctrine of “everlasting punishment”, the cornerstone text for the same.

b679f3863cfb9e56a5e3226af07372f01500e0c6.jpeg

FineLinen

By these three prepositions Paul ascribes the universe (ta panta) with all the phenomena concerning creation, redemption, providence to God as the…

Ex= The Source

Di= The Agent

Eiv= The Goal

The Koine, ta pavnte, is the strongest word for all in the Scriptures; it literally means the all.

Romans 11:36=

ta pavnte/ ta panta, “in the absolute sense of the whole of creation, the all things, the universe, and, everything in heaven and earth that is in need of uniting and redeeming.”

It is not in the limited sense of “nearly all”, “pavnte” minus "ta"

The final preposition [eiv) reveals the ultimate goal of all that is. What has been provided in Christ is a re-turn, a re-storation, a re-newing, a re-demption, a re-concilation, a re-surrection, a re-stitution.

The prefix “re” means back again, again, anew–and all the words with this prefix speak of something that left its place and has now made its circuit and come back to the point of its beginning.

"In the Christian story God descends to reascend. He comes down;… down to the very roots and sea-bed of the Nature He has created. But He goes down to come up again and bring the whole ruined world up with Him." -C.S. Lewis

FineLinen

"This, in a nutshell, is that will: that everything handed over to me by the Father be completed - not a single detail missed - and at the wrap-up of time I have everything and everyone put together, upright and whole."

7f58a3898b78def226e2960e2918b13fefc9028c.jpeg

"Every person the Father gives me eventually comes running to me. And once that person is with me, I hold on and don’t let go."

Last edited:

FineLinen

The Restitution Of All Things

https://www.kingdomandglory.com/art/art51.pdf

Reconciliation means "to make friendly again or win over to a friendly attitude; to bring two parties into harmony or peace with each other." By definition, reconciliation means that a peace deal has been struck on the part of all that were once at odds or at war with each other. However, reconciliation requires a process by which all parties come to terms of peace, and generally, this process must start with one of the parties making the first move. In other words, one party must be willing to raise the white flag of peace in order for the other party to respond, whether favorably or unfavorably. Obviously, if one rejects the deal and keeps shooting, so to speak, there is no peace. However, this peace deal does not start with reconciliation per se, but with a less known word that is seldom heard in modern-day conversation. The first step of reconciliation is called conciliation, which is exactly what Paul explains in relation to God, the world, and His ambassadors.

FineLinen

The scope of ta panta=

https://www.kingdomandglory.com/allinall/all05.pdf

By these three prepositions Paul ascribes the universe (ta panta) with all the phenomena concerning creation, redemption, providence to God as the…

Ex= The Source

Di= The Agent

Eiv= The Goal

The Koine, ta pavnte, is the strongest word for all in the Scriptures; it literally means the all.

Romans 11:36=

ta pavnte/ ta panta, “in the absolute sense of the whole of creation, the all things, the universe, and, everything in heaven and earth that is in need of uniting and redeeming.”

**It is not in the limited sense of “nearly all”, “pavnte” minus “ta”

The final preposition [eiv) reveals the ultimate goal of all that is. What has been provided in Christ is a re-turn, a re-storation, a re-newing, a re-demption, a re-concilation, a re-surrection, a re-stitution.

The prefix “re” means back again, again, anew–and all the words with this prefix speak of something that left its place and has now made its circuit and come back to the point of its beginning.

In the Christian story God descends to reascend. He comes down;… down to the very roots and sea-bed of the Nature He has created. But He goes down to come up again and bring the whole ruined world up with Him. -C.S. Lewis

FineLinen

81fad923159439d10e2a772fbebd026155f3a01c.jpeg

"God IS the Saviour of all mankind...command this and teach this."

God is NOT a potential Saviour, He is Saviour!

Last edited:

FineLinen

“For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of Him who has subjected the same in hope.” -Romans 5:20

The creature= ktisis=

The sum/ aggregate of things created.

Was made subject= hypotassō=

Arranged under/ to subordinate.

To put in subjection.

To vanity= mataiotēs=

Devoid of truth/ perverse/ depraved.

Not willingly= ou hekōn=

Involuntary.

Of one’s own will/ accord.

By reason of Him= dia hypotassō

The Author & Finisher of all.

Hope= elpis=

Expectation of good.

Joyful and confident expectation of salvation from the Author of hope.

FineLinen

Philippians%202-10%20At%20The%20Name%20of%20Jesus%20Every%20Knee%20Will%20Bow%20red.jpg

That in the name of Jesus every knee should bow (ινα εν τωι ονοματι Ιησου παν γονυ καμπσηι — hina en tōi onomati Iēsou pan gonu kampsēi). First aorist active subjunctive of καμπτω — kamptō old verb, to bend, to bow, in purpose clause with ινα — hina Not perfunctory genuflections whenever the name of Jesus is mentioned, but universal acknowledgment of the majesty and power of Jesus who carries his human name and nature to heaven. This universal homage to Jesus is seen in Romans 8:22; Ephesians 1:20-22 and in particular Revelation 5:13.

Under the earth (καταχτονιων — katachthoniōn). Homeric adjective for departed souls, subterranean, simply the dead. Here only in the N.T.

Robertson N.T. Word Pictures>>>>

Overview - Robertson's Word Pictures of the New Testament

FineLinen

Ex= The Source

Di= The Agent

Eiv= The Goal

Romans 11:36 =

**** It is not in the limited sense of “nearly all”, “pavnte” minus “ta”

In the Christian story God descends to reascend. He comes down;… down to the very roots and sea-bed of the Nature He has created. But He goes down to come up again and bring the whole ruined world up with Him. -C.S. Lewis

FineLinen

Facts:

1. God is the God of Ephphatha. If you are deaf and blind then you are a prime candidate for Him.

2. Our Heavenly Lord also kills and makes alive. Nothing is difficult for Him!

3. God not only kills and makes alive, He breaks to pieces. If our pieces stiill resemble our old shape, He is the Master Contriter: He grinds to powder.

He will complete His work in EVERY last one!

FineLinen

Thank God because He’s good, because His love never quits.

Tell the world, His love never quits.

Children of Aaron, tell the world, His love never quits.

And you who fear God, join in, His love never quits.

My God, I lift high Your praise. You are so good.

oudepote= never at any time

Status
Not open for further replies.