• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Reptile-Bird Theory. Real or Fake?

kai

ragamuffin
how can you dissprove something that is real?

i don't get that?

I know you dont.

But lets get back to your topic can you see now that there is evidence of a similar type of lung in therapods? and that the transition to the bird form we see today took millions of years?

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
OK it doesnt say anything about that its about the respitory system in therapods and birds

reported on the basis of a comparative analysis of region-specific pneumaticity with extant birds, evidence for cervical and abdominal air-sac systems in non-avian theropods, along with thoracic skeletal prerequisites of an avian-style aspiration pump.The authors demonstrated by examination of an exceptional new specimen of Majungatholus atopus, (Majungasaurus), documenting these features in a taxon only distantly related to birds. Taken together, these specializations imply the existence of the basic avian pulmonary Bauplan in basal neotheropods, indicating that flow-through ventilation of the lung is not restricted to birds but is probably a general theropod characteristic."

ok so that animal is not the ancestor.

but look at the age difference. 150-145 compared to 115 million years. thats about 30-35 milion years of difference, it's not one day. the dino has existed way back after the archaeopteryx, so that example proves nothing.

so do you have anything else worth looking into? that supports a reptile with a bird like lung? that existed before or close to the archaeopteryx?

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
I know you dont.

But lets get back to your topic can you see now that there is evidence of a similar type of lung in therapods? and that the transition to the bird form we see today took millions of years?

you amaze me kai.

that lung came to exist in the therapods some 35 million years after the transitional fossil that scientists say is the missing link between birds and reptiles.

do you have something else?

kai

ragamuffin
you amaze me kai.
thank you
that lung came to exist in the therapods some 35 million years after the transitional fossil that scientists say is the missing link between birds and reptiles.
its just an example of the respitory system an answer to your post on bird lungs you are changing the subject slightly.you clearly infered in your post that it was impossible for bird lungs to evolve i showed you that it was indeed possible.
do you have something else?

Archaeopteryx is the first clear candidate for a transitional fossil between dinosaurs and birds. Thus, Archaeopteryx plays an important role not only in the study of the origin of birds but in the study of dinosaurs. and esalam dinosaurs are not reptiles.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
yes he is done and dusted been dead for quite some time.

i never said idiot, but since you mentioned it, yeah sure why not. :D

It seems to me Esalam that yourself and many religious people take Darwins TOE as an attack on your respective religions which isn't true

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
It seems to me Esalam that yourself and many religious people take Darwins TOE as an attack on your respective religions which isn't true

oh come on Dr Phil can we please stop with these psychiatric lessons.

is that the best you 2 can do, turn the argument on my religion?

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
ok you know what, lets wait for the proper evolutionists to respond.

if it was 1 english man yeah, but 2?

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
Archaeopteryx is the first clear candidate for a transitional fossil between dinosaurs and birds. Thus, Archaeopteryx plays an important role not only in the study of the origin of birds but in the study of dinosaurs.

so does any of the many archaeopteryxes found have a half reptilian half bird lung?

and esalam dinosaurs are not reptiles.

aren't they? i thought they were.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
oh come on Dr Phil can we please stop with these psychiatric lessons.

is that the best you 2 can do, turn the argument on my religion?

Oh come Esalam stop playing the victim,in what way does saying you and other religious people don't want to see the evidence of TOE because you think it threatens your beliefs which i ended with "it isn't true" its not an attack on yours or anyones religion its scientific evidence of evolution and nothing else.

kai

ragamuffin
so does any of the many archaeopteryxes found have a half reptilian half bird lung?

aren't they? i thought they were.
actually i might be wrong here i am no expert maybe someone will come along who is.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
thanks for the heads up, but you are a bit slow on it.

and just why does everyone have a problem with me using harun yahya?

He also wrote "The Holocaust Lie" and believes Paganism and Darwinism are the cause of Anti Semitism (so many isms) and apparently does all this to make $$$$$$$

rageoftyrael

Veritas
Well, people have pointed out to you that that guy is basically a joke. And you want to continue using a source no one takes seriously? That won't help your case. Honestly, eselam, it seems as if you intentionally misunderstand what people tell you. You twist it into something else. You seem reasonably intelligent, and then spew nonsense. Let's just say this, i have spent most of my time smacking my head after reading your posts. It's just hard to see someone who is obviously at least a little bit intelligent warp what people tell you so much.

You are seeing what you want to see, and ignoring the rest. That is why you still seem to think no one has proven any kind of point to you. About this, or the evolution thread. Even though several have. I know, you are probably gonna make some kind of smarmy Dr. Phil joke, but this actually needs adressing. You want to talk facts, and then ignore them when they say something you don't want to hear. That is a problem to have when trying to have a scientific debate. You are bringing your opinion to the fore, and giving it dominion over your posts. It doesn't work that way in a scientific debate where you say you want proof and facts. Opinions go out the back door for a quick smoke break when you do this kind of thing.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
Leaving Darwin's many scientific publications other than "the origin" aside....

All dinosaurs have bird like features... they become progressively more bird like as one gets closer to the actual Aves (birds).

For example... all dinosaur groups have been shown to have "dino-fuzz" or proto-feathers.

All Saurischian dinosaurs had air-sacs like birds do.. that is their lungs extended specialized features into the hollows of their vertebra. This is unique to both Saurischians and Aves.
It also shows how un-reptilian the dinosaurs lungs were early on.

Even closer to the birds you have a group of theorpods (saurischia) that begin to develop Uncinate processes on their ribs... these bone outgrowths help to anchor muscles that pump the lungs and to strenthen the skeleton.

this is a really good paper on the subject... it is technical but if you need help understanding any of the vocabulary let me know...
Avian-like breathing mechanics in maniraptoran dinosaurs

check out figure 1 in particular... it shows you side by side comparisons of birds ribs and dinosaur ribs... to show you how nearly identical they are.
PubMed Central, : Proc Biol Sci. 2008 January 22; 275(1631): 157–161. Published online 2007 November 7. doi: 10.1098/rspb.2007.1233.

Then you get into features like true feathers, wishbones, flapping arms, wrists and so on...

wa:do

ps. It would be useful to stop thinking about dinosaurs as "reptiles"... they aren't "reptiles".

Reactions: kai