• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The religion evolution

Segev Moran

Yes, the understanding of Advaita takes time to grasp and sink in and that can't be done in a short reply post.

okey.. i'd assume that whatever it means in Advaita.. it's not the common definition of consciousness per say...
so lets try and find the matching definition... is it like Chi? like Spirit? like Soul? Like Light?

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
okey.. i'd assume that whatever it means in Advaita.. it's not the common definition of consciousness per say...
so lets try and find the matching definition... is it like Chi? like Spirit? like Soul? Like Light?
Consciousness/God is fundamental. A fundamental thing can not be understood in terms of anything else. it just is; and a mystery to us.

Segev Moran

Consciousness/God is fundamental. A fundamental thing can not be understood in terms of anything else. it just is; and a mystery to us.

so your saying i should believe a mystery?
and why accept the fact that its a mystery and not try and find the answers? the real answers?
to study and learn and find the proof to what it is...

and then.. only then when you can proof there is a god/chi/soul/spirit/consciousness or whatever you choose to call it... only then when the evidence is found.. should you come and say.. that is the truth...

you can declare something as truth without supporting it with evidence?

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
What about the ten commandments?
Should they also be modernized?
Or are they an exception?

And i really hope atheism will be the next step in humans evolution...
I think that if GOD in its religious definition will cease to exist... humanity will be much more evolved both socially and scientifically..
Hasn't religion always evolved to reflect the current Zeitgeist? People have always cherry-picked scriptures.
If Jesus' new dispensation obviated the dietary laws of Leviticus, for example, why should the Ten Commandments still be sacrosanct?

George-ananda

Premium Member
so your saying i should believe a mystery?
and why accept the fact that its a mystery and not try and find the answers? the real answers?
to study and learn and find the proof to what it is...

and then.. only then when you can proof there is a god/chi/soul/spirit/consciousness or whatever you choose to call it... only then when the evidence is found.. should you come and say.. that is the truth...

you can declare something as truth without supporting it with evidence?
Perhaps instead of mystery I should say 'fundamental'. Something that exists and is not composed from other things.

I am saying look and investigate all you want and you will get to the basis behind everything. It is an inquiry the eastern mystics have done. And as western scientist Max Planck, the father of quantum mechanics, has also found.

I regard consciousness as fundamental. I regard matter as derivative from consciousness. We cannot get behind consciousness. Everything that we talk about, everything that we regard as existing, postulates consciousness.
  • Max Planck as quoted in The Observer (25 January 1931)

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
It seems to me that the OP may be conflating two very different meanings of "evolution": the everyday meaning and the biological meaning.

Segev Moran

Perhaps instead of mystery I should say 'fundamental'. Something that exists and is not composed from other things.

I am saying look and investigate all you want and you will get to the basis behind everything. It is an inquiry the eastern mystics have done. And as western scientist Max Planck, the father of quantum mechanics, has also found.

I regard consciousness as fundamental. I regard matter as derivative from consciousness. We cannot get behind consciousness. Everything that we talk about, everything that we regard as existing, postulates consciousness.
  • Max Planck as quoted in The Observer (25 January 1931)
the famous "if a tree falls in the forest question"...

Segev Moran

Hasn't religion always evolved to reflect the current Zeitgeist? People have always cherry-picked scriptures.
If Jesus' new dispensation obviated the dietary laws of Leviticus, for example, why should the Ten Commandments still be sacrosanct?
I think that religion evolution is people using their sense and logic to understand that this part of religion is wrong...
like slavery..
like murder in the name of god...
like sexual discrimination...

that's the real evolution of religion...

George-ananda

Premium Member
the famous "if a tree falls in the forest question"...
I really don't think you understand the counter-intuitive observations of Quantum Mechanics or non-dual eastern thinking. It seems you are stuck in the Abrahamic Theism versus Atheism debate to which I am saying neither of the above.

Segev Moran

It seems to me that the OP may be conflating two very different meanings of "evolution": the everyday meaning and the biological meaning.

evolution is evolution...
its the evolving of
I really don't think you understand the counter-intuitive observations of Quantum Mechanics or non-dual eastern thinking. It seems you are stuck in the Abrahamic Theism versus Atheism debate to which I am saying neither of the above.

of course i do.. i am stuck on those religions because they are my problem...
they affect me without me wishing it...
they affect the world in a bad way (and yes.. of course.. there are beautiful things that can be accounted to religion also)

i don't understand why all the spiritual beliefs like yours (Although i am not well familiar with it) just disregard the fact that the number of people that actually live by the Abrahamic religion (come and visit me in Israel.. i'll show things that are an absolute absurdity and are all in the name of god, Jewish Islamic or Christian...)

if you choose to call energy one way or another is great.. do as you see fit.. but don't tell me that is the only truth!
I meditate!
I do.. and it does wonders to me...
but the fact i don't know how meditation actually works and why it affects my body and brain the way it does doesn't make it a divine! it makes it an intriguing question that i can't wait for science to solve..
and it will eventually... i hope :)

Quantum physics is an amazing purview.. i read a lot about it but i am ignorant for the most of it...
but quantum physics has nothing to do with spirituality!
quantum physics is a realm new to humans.. and there are tons of amazing things we still have to learn about it..
yes.. physics and quantum physics are not the same... so what? so if things work differently in the quantum level.. does that make it a spiritual truth ???

Kelly of the Phoenix

What i'm failing to understand is how can religion that is based on scriptures can evolve?
You can see evolution occurring (theological evolution) even within the scriptures, so it doesn't really matter.

There is no middle ground based on the scriptures..
To be fair, Genesis only says what God did, not how. Only light was spoken into existence. Everything else was just tweaked but previously existing.

He either created them, or not...
I think that saying .."no .. he didn't literally created them.. he created the evolution process..."
is kind of cheating...
Some people have a hard time with the idea of characters in a book. Even today, fanboys and fangirls can swamp a celebrity because they admired a CHARACTER and act like the celebrity IS the character. Adam and Eve and Cain and Abel are archetypical characters, nothing more. When you start reading about the politics about the creation of the bible, you realize that it was largely written to criticize or justify the monarchy that came way later. The New Testament suffers similar issues as Christianity breaks away from Judaism. Texts aren't set in stone, as it were. From the time writing was invented, "reality" has been created to suit the authors.

Even literalists would recognise "some" scope for interpretation in so far as the text and its meaning may be corrupted as it is passed down from generation to generation.
Here's how literalism works:
1. Is it something I agree with? It's literal!
2. Is it something I disagree with? It's a metaphor! :p

Yes, I think religion should evolve. In fact, just in my lifetime, I have seen the decline of traditional Abrahamic religions and the rise of more eastern ways of religious thought and atheism. This is evolution caused by increased education and exposure giving more people the power to think for themselves. The old Abrahamic religions don't do as well with the problems posed by modern questioning. This is evolution.
Well, frequently in the bible you see things like, "Ok, our ancestors did it this way, but now we do it this way." We don't live in their time period and it's stupid to act like we should pretend we do.

Well, for starters.. the ten commandments are the core of 3 major religions!
But something like the 8 Fold Path is what a set of rules SHOULD be: a general outline, allowing us to fill in the details. The Ten Commandments start off with some theological supremacy posturing that has nothing really to do with being a decent person. If I had my druthers, I'd just change it to the Golden Rule plus Jesus' "judge the tree by its fruit" idea. In other words, be helpful toward one another BUT verify you are actually doing good and don't just rest on your moral laurels because of tradition.

Segev Moran

You can see evolution occurring (theological evolution) even within the scriptures, so it doesn't really matter.

To be fair, Genesis only says what God did, not how. Only light was spoken into existence. Everything else was just tweaked but previously existing.

Ahhhhhm.. nope.. it literally says said, and made and done and named etc...

The first verses of the bible describe the creation of the world yet no details on the way it was created, yet there is the understanding that it was god who created everything...

If it was told: And god created the world...
and that's it..
I could understand people saying.. yes he created it but how...this is for us to find out...

Gonna do some free translation here with my thought for each verse:

בְּרֵאשִׁית, בָּרָא אֱלֹהִים, אֵת הַשָּׁמַיִם, וְאֵת הָאָרֶץ

This is the first verse... At the beginning, god created the earth and the heaven...

Some say it literally means it created the skies and the planet .... In Hebrew, שמים, is the word for skies... not heavens...and the אָרץ, has two meanings.. but based on the scoring of the word, it means earth... אֱרץ... means land...

But of course today the claim is that it means heaven (actually space) and earth(planet) but earth actually means the entire material universe and heavens the non-material... as a reference to everything these is... hmmm...
Why not say it as it was? בראשית ברא אלוהים את כל שיש... at the beginning god created all there is.... ;)

וְהָאָרֶץ, הָיְתָה תֹהוּ וָבֹהוּ, וְחֹשֶׁךְ, עַל-פְּנֵי תְהוֹם; וְרוּחַ אֱלֹהִים, מְרַחֶפֶת עַל-פְּנֵי הַמָּיִם

Basically it says that earth was a chaos and the spirit of god was soaring over the water...what water???

Again...
Water.. means water...
The literal meaning of this is that people assumed that at the beginning there was nothing but water on earth.. a wrong assumption of course..
today the explanation "evolved" to be that water in this verse represented the fact that there was no livable land on the planet

haha.. that's gonna be long, so bare with me....

וַיֹּאמֶר אֱלֹהִים, יְהִי אוֹר; וַיְהִי-אוֹר

and god said... let there be light.. and poof.. there was light...

again.. used to be that light represents the energy of light that was in the universe.. which kinda collides with the fact that there was no earth when light was already present...

the evolved explanation is that this means to the fact that due to the chaotic form earth was in.. the light could not have penetrated earth thus the earth was dark..

וַיַּרְא אֱלֹהִים אֶת-הָאוֹר, כִּי-טוֹב; וַיַּבְדֵּל אֱלֹהִים, בֵּין הָאוֹר וּבֵין הַחֹשֶׁךְ

Okay.. can't quite understand this verse...

And god so that the light is good, and he separated the light from dark...
So there was nothing but darkness.. then there was nothing but light? then he thought.. hmm light is a good thing so i need some dark.. but i can't have them together (duh) so i'll separate them...

The old explanation was that light and darkness means night and day...

וַיִּקְרָא אֱלֹהִים לָאוֹר יוֹם, וְלַחֹשֶׁךְ קָרָא לָיְלָה; וַיְהִי-עֶרֶב וַיְהִי-בֹקֶר, יוֹם אֶחָד.

And god called the light Day, and the dark Night...
That's kinda weird.. so a dark room is actually a night room?

So the new explanation is that it meant that god created the circle of night and day as he created the rotation around the sun...

וַיֹּאמֶר אֱלֹהִים, יְהִי רָקִיעַ בְּתוֹךְ הַמָּיִם, וִיהִי מַבְדִּיל, בֵּין מַיִם לָמָיִם.

And god said.. let there be skies in the water (ok?) and then he separated the water from water

So there were no skies.. yep.. that was the old explanation..
today this means he created the atmosphere...

וַיַּעַשׂ אֱלֹהִים, אֶת-הָרָקִיעַ, וַיַּבְדֵּל בֵּין הַמַּיִם אֲשֶׁר מִתַּחַת לָרָקִיעַ, וּבֵין הַמַּיִם אֲשֶׁר מֵעַל לָרָקִיעַ; וַיְהִי-כֵן

this one explains again the separation of the skies from the water

Now...
I'd assume they had no knowledge that the color of water is actually none.. and they assumed that the water of the ocean are blue so they claimed that god took the water and manifested the skies out of them...

וַיִּקְרָא אֱלֹהִים לָרָקִיעַ, שָׁמָיִם; וַיְהִי-עֶרֶב וַיְהִי-בֹקֶר, יוֹם שֵׁנִי

And here he names the skies skies...

in Hebrew the word שמים means שם מים.... in free translation.. it says "there water"...
i can only assume that's part of the misunderstanding that water like the skies are blue..

וַיֹּאמֶר אֱלֹהִים, יִקָּווּ הַמַּיִם מִתַּחַת הַשָּׁמַיִם אֶל-מָקוֹם אֶחָד, וְתֵרָאֶה, הַיַּבָּשָׁה; וַיְהִי-כֵן

and god said, clump the water to one place, and the land will show...and so be it...

It's amazing that even today, with the knowledge we have, people still think that the description of genesis matches one to one with the scientific theory of the process of earth's creation.
וַיִּקְרָא אֱלֹהִים לַיַּבָּשָׁה אֶרֶץ, וּלְמִקְוֵה הַמַּיִם קָרָא יַמִּים; וַיַּרְא אֱלֹהִים, כִּי-טוֹב
And god called the land earth... (Note the word earth here)... this time, god called the land.. lacking other word.. land.. and the water it called seas...

I'm gonna put a few verses together to save time :)

וַיֹּאמֶר אֱלֹהִים, תַּדְשֵׁא הָאָרֶץ דֶּשֶׁא עֵשֶׂב מַזְרִיעַ זֶרַע, עֵץ פְּרִי עֹשֶׂה פְּרִי לְמִינוֹ, אֲשֶׁר זַרְעוֹ-בוֹ עַל-הָאָרֶץ; וַיְהִי-כֵן. יב וַתּוֹצֵא הָאָרֶץ דֶּשֶׁא עֵשֶׂב מַזְרִיעַ זֶרַע, לְמִינֵהוּ, וְעֵץ עֹשֶׂה-פְּרִי אֲשֶׁר זַרְעוֹ-בוֹ, לְמִינֵהוּ; וַיַּרְא אֱלֹהִים, כִּי-טוֹב. יג וַיְהִי-עֶרֶב וַיְהִי-בֹקֶר, יוֹם שְׁלִישִׁי.

and god said let the land grow grass, fruit trees all over the lands, and god saw its good.. and then.. evening.. morning.. day three...

literally as it says, god created the grass and the trees and i assume all vegetation...

about the days..

about the days issue...the old explanation is that yeah.. god literally did it in a day!
while the "evolved" explanation is that no one can say that a day back then was really 24 hours.. well.. it didn't..
i was even shorter as the earth is slowly slowing down..
than of course when the explanation was contradicted by science.. it became that a day is not really a day, rather an era...

וַיֹּאמֶר אֱלֹהִים, יְהִי מְאֹרֹת בִּרְקִיעַ הַשָּׁמַיִם, לְהַבְדִּיל, בֵּין הַיּוֹם וּבֵין הַלָּיְלָה; וְהָיוּ לְאֹתֹת וּלְמוֹעֲדִים, וּלְיָמִים וְשָׁנִים. טו וְהָיוּ לִמְאוֹרֹת בִּרְקִיעַ הַשָּׁמַיִם, לְהָאִיר עַל-הָאָרֶץ; וַיְהִי-כֵן. טז וַיַּעַשׂ אֱלֹהִים, אֶת-שְׁנֵי הַמְּאֹרֹת הַגְּדֹלִים: אֶת-הַמָּאוֹר הַגָּדֹל, לְמֶמְשֶׁלֶת הַיּוֹם, וְאֶת-הַמָּאוֹר הַקָּטֹן לְמֶמְשֶׁלֶת הַלַּיְלָה, וְאֵת הַכּוֹכָבִים. יז וַיִּתֵּן אֹתָם אֱלֹהִים, בִּרְקִיעַ הַשָּׁמָיִם, לְהָאִיר, עַל-הָאָרֶץ. יח וְלִמְשֹׁל, בַּיּוֹם וּבַלַּיְלָה, וּלְהַבְדִּיל, בֵּין הָאוֹר וּבֵין הַחֹשֶׁךְ; וַיַּרְא אֱלֹהִים, כִּי-טוֹב. יט וַיְהִי-עֶרֶב וַיְהִי-בֹקֶר, יוֹם רְבִיעִי

And god created the lights of the skies... to separate the day and night (he he) and they were to note us of times and events and days and years...
And then god created the two big lights.. one to rule the day and one to rule the night...
and then god put them in the skies to light the earth and to separate day and night...and god saw it was good.. blah blah day four...

So... the old explanation was that god created the moon to light the skies at night and the sun to light the skies at day.. that kinda contradicts the fact BTW.. that he created the light and dark a few days back...

today of course the evolved explanation is that god created the sun and the moon.. to what end?
and what about the fact that the moon is there at day light also?

וַיֹּאמֶר אֱלֹהִים--יִשְׁרְצוּ הַמַּיִם, שֶׁרֶץ נֶפֶשׁ חַיָּה; וְעוֹף יְעוֹפֵף עַל-הָאָרֶץ, עַל-פְּנֵי רְקִיעַ הַשָּׁמָיִם. כא וַיִּבְרָא אֱלֹהִים, אֶת-הַתַּנִּינִם הַגְּדֹלִים; וְאֵת כָּל-נֶפֶשׁ הַחַיָּה הָרֹמֶשֶׂת אֲשֶׁר שָׁרְצוּ הַמַּיִם לְמִינֵהֶם, וְאֵת כָּל-עוֹף כָּנָף לְמִינֵהוּ, וַיַּרְא אֱלֹהִים, כִּי-טוֹב. כב וַיְבָרֶךְ אֹתָם אֱלֹהִים, לֵאמֹר: פְּרוּ וּרְבוּ, וּמִלְאוּ אֶת-הַמַּיִם בַּיַּמִּים, וְהָעוֹף, יִרֶב בָּאָרֶץ. כג וַיְהִי-עֶרֶב וַיְהִי-בֹקֶר, יוֹם חֲמִישִׁי

And god said let the water be swarming with life, and birds will rule the skies and the alligators and all the life of birds and fish...
The alligator BTW is a representation of the ancient Egyptian god.. Sobek i think...
that's smart :) to say your god created even the animal that represents other cultures god.. there are plenty of occurrences like this in the bible...

Blah blah blah.. day five...
Oh.. forgot.. and god told the animals to mate and spread on the earth...

so the old explanation is that created the fish and birds in a day..

וַיֹּאמֶר אֱלֹהִים, תּוֹצֵא הָאָרֶץ נֶפֶשׁ חַיָּה לְמִינָהּ, בְּהֵמָה וָרֶמֶשׂ וְחַיְתוֹ-אֶרֶץ, לְמִינָהּ; וַיְהִי-כֵן. כה וַיַּעַשׂ אֱלֹהִים אֶת-חַיַּת הָאָרֶץ לְמִינָהּ, וְאֶת-הַבְּהֵמָה לְמִינָהּ, וְאֵת כָּל-רֶמֶשׂ הָאֲדָמָה, לְמִינֵהוּ; וַיַּרְא אֱלֹהִים, כִּי-טוֹב

Segev Moran

Well, frequently in the bible you see things like, "Ok, our ancestors did it this way, but now we do it this way." We don't live in their time period and it's stupid to act like we should pretend we do.

sorry.. had to split my answer to two.. was too long :)

And so.. god created all life on earth, all beasts and mammals and birds and such...
and god saw it was good.. day five!

again.. nothing much to say.. god created all life on earth...

וַיֹּאמֶר אֱלֹהִים, נַעֲשֶׂה אָדָם בְּצַלְמֵנוּ כִּדְמוּתֵנוּ; וְיִרְדּוּ בִדְגַת הַיָּם וּבְעוֹף הַשָּׁמַיִם, וּבַבְּהֵמָה וּבְכָל-הָאָרֶץ, וּבְכָל-הָרֶמֶשׂ, הָרֹמֵשׂ עַל-הָאָרֶץ. כז וַיִּבְרָא אֱלֹהִים אֶת-הָאָדָם בְּצַלְמוֹ, בְּצֶלֶם אֱלֹהִים בָּרָא אֹתוֹ: זָכָר וּנְקֵבָה, בָּרָא אֹתָם.

And god said, we will create (Why "we"???) man to rule the earth and all there is on it...
and god made man both male and female... (Wait.. what?)

(the explanation to that BTW is that this verse about creating males and females was written after the book was written as a comment by the writer to hint of whats to come.. Lol)

And of course to the topping.. god made us in his image...
The old explanation was that this means that god created us with the same qualities he had..
the more evolved explanation is that this meant that god created us as a divine and spiritual beings just like he is...

Phew.... not so much more... just a bit...

כח וַיְבָרֶךְ אֹתָם, אֱלֹהִים, וַיֹּאמֶר לָהֶם אֱלֹהִים פְּרוּ וּרְבוּ וּמִלְאוּ אֶת-הָאָרֶץ, וְכִבְשֻׁהָ; וּרְדוּ בִּדְגַת הַיָּם, וּבְעוֹף הַשָּׁמַיִם, וּבְכָל-חַיָּה, הָרֹמֶשֶׂת עַל-הָאָרֶץ. כט וַיֹּאמֶר אֱלֹהִים, הִנֵּה נָתַתִּי לָכֶם אֶת-כָּל-עֵשֶׂב זֹרֵעַ זֶרַע אֲשֶׁר עַל-פְּנֵי כָל-הָאָרֶץ, וְאֶת-כָּל-הָעֵץ אֲשֶׁר-בּוֹ פְרִי-עֵץ, זֹרֵעַ זָרַע: לָכֶם יִהְיֶה, לְאָכְלָה. ל וּלְכָל-חַיַּת הָאָרֶץ וּלְכָל-עוֹף הַשָּׁמַיִם וּלְכֹל רוֹמֵשׂ עַל-הָאָרֶץ, אֲשֶׁר-בּוֹ נֶפֶשׁ חַיָּה, אֶת-כָּל-יֶרֶק עֵשֶׂב, לְאָכְלָה; וַיְהִי-כֵן. לא וַיַּרְא אֱלֹהִים אֶת-כָּל-אֲשֶׁר עָשָׂה, וְהִנֵּה-טוֹב מְאֹד; וַיְהִי-עֶרֶב וַיְהִי-בֹקֶר, יוֹם הַשִּׁשִּׁי

And god told them to rule the earth, the animals, the vegetation and told them they should have tons of sex (That part i like ;)) in order to fill the earth with their kind...

And god saw all that he has done, and it was great.. morning.. evening.. day six...

וַיְכֻלּוּ הַשָּׁמַיִם וְהָאָרֶץ, וְכָל-צְבָאָם. ב וַיְכַל אֱלֹהִים בַּיּוֹם הַשְּׁבִיעִי, מְלַאכְתּוֹ אֲשֶׁר עָשָׂה; וַיִּשְׁבֹּת בַּיּוֹם הַשְּׁבִיעִי, מִכָּל-מְלַאכְתּוֹ אֲשֶׁר עָשָׂה. גוַיְבָרֶךְ אֱלֹהִים אֶת-יוֹם הַשְּׁבִיעִי, וַיְקַדֵּשׁ אֹתוֹ: כִּי בוֹ שָׁבַת מִכָּל-מְלַאכְתּוֹ, אֲשֶׁר-בָּרָא אֱלֹהִים לַעֲשׂוֹת.

And on the seventh day, god rested.. and everything froze still...and god blessed the seventh day and called him Sabath (שבת) which means שביתה (strike in a sense of not doing anything or doing nothing Lol.. depends how you look at it) ...

Oh.. then comes the verses with the detailed information on the creation of man and woman...

So... what was my point here?

That the evolution of religion is basically based on cultural development and mostly on scientific development...
and every time a new discovery contradict a religion explanation, imminently comes and explanation that says.. Ah Ha! but of course.. that's what they meant back then when they wrote the bible...

So no.. i can't understand the evolution of religion..
the genesis story is either true or not.. either literal or not..

NOW... if it is not literal.. then this means that god not literally created everything..
So it means that god didn't really create man out of sand (WHAT??? really??? it didn't??? geeeeez ;))

it means that the scriptures are a super imaginative way that undoubtedly smart people thought of...
they were smart.. yes.. but they were ignorant.. (in a science way i mean of course)
And every time religion was "debunked"... there was an "update" from the highest of authorities in religion that fixed the unfortunate debunking.

so religion is not evolving.. its adapting..
and i agree with the claim that if it wasn't "evolving" it wouldn't have lasted.. of course not...

Jesus, (;)) that was long...

And yes.. i agree.. its just a book.. a beautifully written book.. but just a book..
it was not found hovering above the land with light coming out of it for all to see...
No.. it was a book written by some dude (Yeah.. woman were not allowed to write back then.. weird)

what is your belief? are you christian?
if so.. why?
why not Muslim?

why not Hindu?
why not Jewish (I'm one BTW.. not by choice)... (oh.. forgot Lol.. we killed Jesus HA HA HA)

I am sure you have a genuine answers to why your are christian and not any other...
I would love to hear that...

Agondonter

What i'm failing to understand is how can religion that is based on scriptures can evolve?

Isn't it a black or white concept?
What you are failing to understand is based on superstitious nonsense. Religion is ALWAYS evolving, even if slowly. Like Sunstone said, "Religions that don't evolve tend to become increasingly irrelevant to most people's lives."

Last edited:

Segev Moran

What you are failing to understand is based on superstitious nonsense. Religion is ALWAYS evolving, even if slowly. Like Sunstone said, "Religions that don't evolve tend to become increasingly irrelevant to most people's lives."

Can the "fact" that god created earth evolve to.. no.. it wasn't literally god..
god was just a name for something we didn't know how to call..
god is actually the energy of life..
so life was created and god is what makes it in motion....

saying religion can evolve is like saying science can evolve...
IT CANNOT!

terms cannot evolve..
rather.. people are evolving.. they understand that religion answers are suddenly not as logical as people thought.. so they reinvent the wheel.. or rather reshape the will to fit their understanding of life..
that just makes religion irrelevant..

same goes for science.. science does not evolve.. the people who practice it do.. humans become smarter and more reasonable and more knowledgeable.. thus the science is more advanced...

so assuming we established that religion evolution is actually the evolution of people.. and today each person understand religion in a subjective way.. why do i need priests? and popes? and rabbis? and imams?

if religion is a subjective matter.. and i can manipulate it as it fits me.. why should i even bother looking for answers with someone else..

i guess if you'll go to your priest and ask him of a topic.. and you wouldn't like the answer.. eventually you'll see what feels right to you...( hopefully )

Segev Moran

a belief cannot evolve...
you can evolve and modify your belief accordingly