• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Red Sea is parting again, but this time Moses doesn’t have a hand in it.

sooda

Veteran Member
The Israelites were the Hyksos Shepherd Kings, they did enslave the Egyptians, by forcing them to sell their Land for the grain that had been stored up through the seven years of plenty, they did fight wars in horse drawn chariots, until they were subdued, about a hundred and twenty odd years into their sojourn in that country, when the new Egyptian King demanded that all new born Israelite boys be thrown to the crocodiles in the river Nile.

Still trying to bring the scriptures into disrepute, you naughty girl, you do know that you will be punished, don't you?

Do you have a link for your cut and paste?

sooda

Veteran Member
Yep! The Bible. Why don't you try reading it one day.

I have read it cover to cover more than 7 times.. You presume to have some special understanding..

In Jewish sources, 1 Kings 9:26 yam suph is translated as "Sea of Reeds" ("near Eloth" "in the land of Edom").

Yam (also Yamm) is the god of the sea in the Canaanite pantheon. Yam takes the role of the adversary of Baal in the Ugaritic Baal Cycle. Yam, the Canaanite word for "Sea" , is one name of the Ugaritic god of Rivers and Sea.

The word suph or Suf by itself means 'reed'.

Some scholars think the Red Sea crossing is about crossing water out of the ignorance of God.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Please rephrase that, for as it is written, it's just so much hog wash.
No, it's not. It shows why your giving a verse without a source besides "it's in the Bible" is worthless. By you calling my claim hogwash you did the exact same for yours.

By the way, the Bible does say 12 times "there is no God".

The Anointed

I have read it cover to cover more than 7 times.. You presume to have some special understanding..

In Jewish sources, 1 Kings 9:26 yam suph is translated as "Sea of Reeds" ("near Eloth" "in the land of Edom").

Yam (also Yamm) is the god of the sea in the Canaanite pantheon. Yam takes the role of the adversary of Baal in the Ugaritic Baal Cycle. Yam, the Canaanite word for "Sea" , is one name of the Ugaritic god of Rivers and Sea.

Some scholars think the Red Sea crossing is about crossing water out of the ignorance of God.

The fourteenth day of the first month of the Jewish year, which was the first Passover ever, was the day in which all the first born sons of Egypt were killed. Around that time the volcanic Island of Santorini or Thira as it is also known, which was situated in the Aegean-sea, on the Anatolian plate, which is subject to the forces of the over-riding African Plate that grinds against the Arabian plate in its Northern migration, exploded with many times the force of Krakatoa, which was a volcanic island that exploded in 1883, and that explosion was heard 5,000 kilometres away, and caused a tsunami that killed at least 36,000 people. It has been estimated that when the island of Santorini exploded, 35,000 kilometres of material was lifted into the stratosphere, and that the explosive force would have created tidal waves of anything up to 130 ft high which would have traveled at speeds of around 150 miles per hour.

A cloud, that turned day into night around 1,500 BC, has been recorded in Chinese history, and would have covered all of north Africa. The African and Arabian plates intersect in a line that runs through the Red Sea and up the Jordan valley through the Dead Sea which was created hundreds of years before the explosion of Santorini, when violent underground activity destroyed the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah, which were then situated in the Jordan valley and in the days of Lot, that area was described, as like unto the garden of the Lord, with abundant fresh water flowing through it.

Look at the strange phenomenon that was occurring at the time of the Exodus. The cloud that blanketed north Africa and most of Europe, and turned day into a night so dark that a man was not able to recognise his own brother who was standing at arms-length from him. The rain of sulfuric acid that caused so much crop failure and the death of the livestock which were forced to feed on the polluted pastures, the following series of shock waves along the great rift valley and the fractures in the Sini peninsular which is situated on the Arabian plate, the bulging of the earth’s crust beneath the Red Sea which caused a highway to rise from the waters, with its following tremor when it collapsed and tidal waves that rolled in like two walls of water on either side of where the highway had been.

Wisdom of Solomon 19: 7-8, ‘Then was beheld the cloud that shadowed the camp, and dry land rising up out of what was before water, Out of the Red sea an unhindered highway, and a grassy plain rising out of the violent surge.”

Look even where the Israelites camped on the shore of the Red sea, which was smack bang in the middle of a major coal field in Egypt.

The bulging earth rising from the surging sea before them, pressurised gas screaming from the opening fissures creating towering pillars of fire to burn behind them, a strong east wind blew all that night causing the thick smoke to blind the pursuing Egyptians while lighting up the camp of the Israelites on the eastern side of those wild fires.

All these events were caused from pressures that had been built up over tens of thousands of years and would have occurred in their proper time, irrelevant of the Israeli situation. Where the miracle lay, was in the fact that an unseen deity of the future, was able, through his prophet Moses, to organise the events leading up to and including the exodus itself at the precise time in history that this cataclysmic event occurred.

In the book “The Wisdom of Solomon, 16” Solomon has much to say about the days of Moses; he speaks of the strange hails that fell from heaven. Burning balls of different frozen gases, some with the ability to burn even in water, some which burned with a heat so intense that they incinerated anything they came in contact with, while other hail, burned with a cold fire through which animals could walk unharmed.

Solomon also speaks of the cloud that covered the Israelites in the desert and of the Manna that fell from heaven during the night. According to Solomon, the heavenly covering was a cloud by day and a host of stars by night, (a night sky ablaze with falling balls of burning hail stones). Then concerning the heavenly Manna, he says, “And that which was not injured by fire, [Burning hailstones] simply warmed by a faint sun beam melted away.

Each morning the desert floor was covered with mounds of a flaky cellulose substance which looked like coriander seed, and would melt and breed worms and stink if left out in the sun, and yet could be preserved when cooked, and tasted like biscuits mixed with the purest of olive oils.

Carbohydrates are any of a group of chemical compounds, including sugars, starches, and cellulose, containing carbon, hydrogen, and oxygen only, [of which there was an ample supply in the cloud from the volcanic explosion] with the ratio of hydrogen to oxygen atoms usually 2 : 1. Perhaps, if our scientists could simulate the same conditions that occurred in the stratosphere when the island of Thira exploded, they may come up with an inexpensive and environmentally friendly source of food production to feed the starving millions on the earth.

The early Egyptian magicians or scientists, were able to duplicate some of the miracles of God as performed by Moses. Wouldn’t it be wonderful if our magician/scientists of today were able to perform the more mysterious of God’s miracles as seen in the days of Moses, and provide an abundant and cheap source of food to feed the ever growing population on this earth.

As I have already said, all those things that happened in Egypt at that time, were caused from pressures that had built up over many, many, thousands of years. Where the miracle is found, is in the fact that some invisible entity from some other time dimension, was able to instigate the Exodus, at the precise time that the destructive forces beneath the island of Santorini, were beginning to awake.

I don't suppose that you even believe in the manna that fell from the stratosphere, which helped to sustain the Israelites for some 40 years? But that's alright, we cant expect non believers to accept anything that is recorded on the book of truths.

Last edited:

The Anointed

No, it's not. It shows why your giving a verse without a source besides "it's in the Bible" is worthless. By you calling my claim hogwash you did the exact same for yours.

By the way, the Bible does say 12 times "there is no God".

Re-read what you had said; "if I said the Bible says "there is no god " and then told you that you was the wrong verse for the first eleven verses that you found that says that."

Now you might be able to understand that which you have written there, but I doubt anyone else could, it sounds like hog wash to me.

The is no God like the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob!

The Anointed

You do realise that there is a difference between reading something and comprehending that which you have read, don't you?

For instance, 1 Chronicles 2: 12; it is said that Jesse had seven sons, whereas in 1 Samuel 17: 12; it is said that Jesse had 8 sons, is one wrong and the other right? Are they both wrong or are the both correct.

If they are both correct, then please explain who the eighth son of Jesse is.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Re-read what you had said; "if I said the Bible says "there is no god " and then told you that you was the wrong verse for the first eleven verses that you found that says that."

Now you might be able to understand that which you have written there, but I doubt anyone else could, it sounds like hog wash to me.

The is no God like the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob!
I am sorry that you are having such a difficult time understanding such a simple concept. It was a warning against quote mining the Bible. It is a fact that at least twelve times the Bible says "there is no God". You might be able to find two of three such verses, but I doubt if you will find ten, much less twelve or more. You could try to refute my claim by quoting the verses in context, but until you can out of them I could honestly say "that was not the verse I was referring to". You told someone after they asked for more details something on the order of "it's in the Bible" . My example shows why that is not an appropriate response.

You really should avoid terms like "hogwash" when you use it for an idea that you do not understand .

sooda

Veteran Member
You do realise that there is a difference between reading something and comprehending that which you have read, don't you?

For instance, 1 Chronicles 2: 12; it is said that Jesse had seven sons, whereas in 1 Samuel 17: 12; it is said that Jesse had 8 sons, is one wrong and the other right? Are they both wrong or are the both correct.

If they are both correct, then please explain who the eighth son of Jesse is.

David, the bandit king..

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
By the way, I can't link my source for the twelve times the Bible says there is no God right nkw, but if anyone asks politely I will do so when I get home. I have it bookmarked. The source is a Christian one that warns people of the hazards of quote mining the Bible.

The Anointed

David, the bandit king..
Wrong again as usual, David was the youngest boy that was sired by Jesse. 1 Chronicles 2: 12; The oldest was Eliab [1], then Abinadab [2], Shammah [3], Nethanel [4], Raddai [5], Ozem [6], then last of all David the seventh and youngest of the boys sired by Jesse.

Now let's turn to 1 Samuel 16: Samuel is sent to the house of Jesse to choose a replacement King to Saul, who the Lord had rejected, Jesses sons are presented to Samuel in order of their ages, first Eliab, then Abinadab, then Shammah, etc, After seven of Jesses eight sons had been presented and rejected by the Lord, Samuel asked Jesse if he had any other sons, and was informed that his youngest son 'David" was still out in the fields caring for the stock.

David, the eighth and youngest of the eight sons of Jesse, was then chosen by the Lord and anointed by Samuel.

But like I have said before, although you CLAIM to have read the bible seven times, you prove that you do not have the ability to comprehend that which you read.

No wonder you cannot believe that which you cannot understand.

sooda

Veteran Member
Wrong again as usual, David was the youngest boy that was sired by Jesse. 1 Chronicles 2: 12; The oldest was Eliab [1], then Abinadab [2], Shammah [3], Nethanel [4], Raddai [5], Ozem [6], then last of all David the seventh and youngest of the boys sired by Jesse.

Now let's turn to 1 Samuel 16: Samuel is sent to the house of Jesse to choose a replacement King to Saul, who the Lord had rejected, Jesses sons are presented to Samuel in order of their ages, first Eliab, then Abinadab, then Shammah, etc, After seven of Jesses eight sons had been presented and rejected by the Lord, Samuel asked Jesse if he had any other sons, and was informed that his youngest son 'David" was still out in the fields caring for the stock.

David, the eighth and youngest of the eight sons of Jesse, was then chosen by the Lord and anointed by Samuel.

But like I have said before, although you CLAIM to have read the bible seven times, you prove that you do not have the ability to comprehend that which you read.

No wonder you cannot believe that which you cannot understand.

I told you David was the 8th son.. What is your issue here? Are you conjuring up some gotcha game for your ego?

The Anointed

I told you David was the 8th son.. What is your issue here? Are you conjuring up some gotcha game for your ego?

My question should have been, "Name the eighth son of Jesse who is not recorded in his genealogy?"

But now you can name the son of Jesse, who is not recorded in the genealogy of Jesse in 1 Chronicles, and who is older that David the seventh son sired by Jesse.

Last edited:

sooda

Veteran Member
The Red Sea is parting again, but this time Moses doesn’t have a hand in it.

Satellite images show that the Arabian tectonic plate and the African plate are moving away from each other, stretching the Earth's crust and widening the southern end of the Red Sea, scientists reported in this week's issue of journal Nature.

Last September, a series of earthquakes started splitting the planet's surface along a 37-mile section of the East African Rift in Afar, Ethiopia.

Using the images gathered by the European Space Agency's Envisat radar satellite, researchers looked at satellite data before and after these activities.

Earth-shattering shift

Over a period of three weeks, the crust on the sides of the rift moved apart by 26 feet and magma—enough to fill a football stadium more than 2,000 times—was injected along a vertical crack, forming a new crust.

"We think that the crust and mantle melt slowly at depths greater than 10 kilometers [6 miles], where it is hotter, forming magma (molten rock)," said Tim J Wright, study co-author, a Royal Society University Research Fellow. "This magma rises through the crust because it is less dense than the surrounding rock.”

The magma collects in magma chambers at depths of 3 to 5 kilometers [1.9 to 3 miles] where the density is the same as the crustal rocks, Wright explained. "Slowly, the pressure has been building up in these chambers until last September when it finally cracked, breaking the crust along a vertical crack. The magma was then injected into this crack."

The intrusion of magma into the gap, rather than the cracking of the crust, is responsible for segmentation of continental drifts.

This is the first rifting episode to have occurred since 1970 and the largest single rip in the Earth's continental crust during the satellite-monitoring era.

"We knew about the steady rifting process in Afar, as Arabia moves away from Africa across the rift," Wright said. "And we knew that occasionally the strain that builds up slowly over centuries is released suddenly in rifting episodes. We did not know how big the deformation could be."

Slow drift

For the past 30 million years Africa and Arabia have been going through a rifting process, the same one that formed the Red Sea. In this amount of time, the 186-mile- wide Afar depression formed.

"The ground is continually moving—much more rapidly now than before the rifting episode," Wright told LiveScience. "On average, the two sides move apart at about 2 centimeters per year [0.8 inches per year]. But, as this event demonstrates, the motion is episodic and jerky. This poses considerable hazard to the local inhabitants, which is higher for the next few years."

This latest split, added to the long-term rifting process, which is tearing the northeast of Ethiopia and Eritrea from the rest of Africa, could eventually create a huge new sea. Although such processes could take millions of years to occur, this event has given scientists an unprecedented opportunity to monitor the rupture in real time.

The Red Sea Parts Again

@ dad
@sojourner

Last September, a series of earthquakes started splitting the planet's surface along a 37-mile section of the East African Rift in Afar, Ethiopia.

Using the images gathered by the European Space Agency's Envisat radar satellite, researchers looked at satellite data before and after these activities.

Earth-shattering shift

Over a period of three weeks, the crust on the sides of the rift moved apart by 26 feet and magma—enough to fill a football stadium more than 2,000 times—was injected along a vertical crack, forming a new crust.

Audie

Veteran Member
Please rephrase that, for as it is written, it's just so much hog wash.

"for LO, it is just so much hogwash" sounds much
more like what a prophet would say, dont you think?

Rephrase, tho?
As the Bard would say, tho, a rose by any other name...

Audie

Veteran Member
@ dad
@sojourner

Earth-shattering shift

Earth-shattering shift

Pop-sci, mass media hyperbole is really tiresome.