• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The record and the reality. Bidens promises.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Not hard to do, as Pence is basically far Right and Far North.

She is quite younger, amd more aligned with non-pasty white Conservative values.

I don't see ot that way as Biden doesn't appear to have a dumpster approach to his health.
Biden's brain has been misfiring more & more.
And he never was the sharpest tool in the shed to begin with.
The only question is how soon Harris takes over.

Note: I've no idea if she'll be better or worse.

" zero" is oversimplified, sure. And I think she's a smart cookie.

Only saying that limiting the pool of candidates to a certain narrowly proscribed sector is not how to get the best.

It's not my country, just observing.
Agreed - but I think for many Americans we have already been limiting candidates to a narrow sector (white men) and this was a response to that. The result was a ticket composed of a white man and a woman of color, both highly qualified, who received more votes than any other ticket in US history.

This, in a country where many who are alive today (including Joe Biden) remember when parts of the US were racially segregated, in their lifetimes.

I normally would agree with you, picking candidates based on strict racial or gender criteria is not the best way to get the best candidates. But in this case, context and outcome should factor in, too, all of which support the pick of Harris as VP.