• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Reason Science Is Flawed

Science is fundamentally flawed because it's operating off the flawed assumption that there is an objective reality to study and observe. The truth is that reality is subjective. You are a powerful energetic consciousness that creates your subjective reality this is why you are constantly at the center of your universe. The brain does not create consciousness it merely acts as a filter for it.

For those that do not believe in spiritual matters, I challenge you to explore your spiritual nature. You don't have to take my word on anything you can all go out of body quite easily and that is all the proof you will ever need. Dreaming is a form of unconscious astral projection, but you can turn your dreams into lucid dreams. Anyone that does not believe in a soul or an energy body you can astral project and experience it for yourself in fact you do this every night even if you don't remember your dreams....

W.I.L.D. (wake induced lucid dream) and W.B.T.S. (wake back to sleep) are just some of the methods you can use to take control of your energy body (dream body)(soul). These scientific minded people on here are always demanding proof for a soul, well what are you waiting for go try these methods and report your findings back here. I guarantee that anyone can get out of body in just a couple weeks of trying sometimes only takes a few days depends on your determination.

To deny your spiritual nature is like a fish denying that it comes from the water. Sad and ridiculous at the same time. Because you deny your true nature you give your creative powers to others who manipulate you into creating a reality that doesn't benefit you, but benefits them...

Let me guess, any one who does not get to have an out of body experience just isn't trying hard enough, right?

It may take longer for some than others as with anything, but so long as you take it seriously and don't quickly give up there is nobody that can't do it... Do it today!

ratiocinator

Lightly seared on the reality grill.
Science is fundamentally flawed because it's operating off the flawed assumption that there is an objective reality to study and observe.

Strictly speaking it doesn't. It builds models of the shared (and unavoidable) experience we tend to call "objective reality", or things that are intersubjectively verifiable (see Popper).

The truth is that reality is subjective.

Just as soon as I see you (or anybody else) fly majestically though the air unaided, or walk through solid walls, I'll take this kind of statement seriously. Regardless of whether you consider "objective reality" to be fundamentally real or not, it does correspond very well to the rules that science has discovered (otherwise the device you're using to access this forum wouldn't work), it is qualitatively different to any other human experience, and it and its rules are inescapable.

In other words, if it isn't real, it might as well be for all practical purposes.

You don't have to take my word on anything you can all go out of body quite easily and that is all the proof you will ever need. Dreaming is a form of unconscious astral projection, but you can turn your dreams into lucid dreams. Anyone that does not believe in a soul or an energy body you can astral project and experience it for yourself in fact you do this every night even if you don't remember your dreams....

W.I.L.D. (wake induced lucid dream) and W.B.T.S. (wake back to sleep) are just some of the methods you can use to take control of your energy body (dream body)(soul). These scientific minded people on here are always demanding proof for a soul, well what are you waiting for go try these methods and report your findings back here. I guarantee that anyone can get out of body in just a couple weeks of trying sometimes only takes a few days depends on your determination.

To deny your spiritual nature is like a fish denying that it comes from the water. Sad and ridiculous at the same time.

Firstly, I simply don't believe you that anybody can do things like out of body, and secondly, you seem to be equating dreaming and a selection of other experiences, that some people have, with something that goes beyond the mind and that you call "spiritual". Anybody can experience, for example, optical illusions, but I don't regard that as telling us anything about anything outside of our own brains, likewise the experiences you have referred to here. If you think they have meaning beyond that, where is your evidence or reasoning?

All looks rather like wishful thinking to me.

danieldemol

Premium Member
When I play Grand theft auto 5 I'm not really driving/flying around the city of Los Santos, it is all really occurring in my lounge room.

To me that is what a lucid dream seems like. You have a dream that you are out of body but it is all going on inside the brain.

So how do you tell if you are really having an Outer Body Experience (OBE) and not just imagining one?

Dreaming is a form of astral projection which occurs out of your body. The body you inhabit during your dreams is your energy body. If you want further proof then I gave you two of the most popular methods to getting out of your body that you can all personally try for yourself. When you get out of your body you will know the truth.

When I play Grand theft auto 5 I'm not really driving/flying around the city of Los Santos, it is all really occurring in my lounge room.

To me that is what a lucid dream seems like. You have a dream that you are out of body but it is all going on inside the brain.

So how do you tell if you are really having an Outer Body Experience (OBE) and not just imagining one?

Dreams are not occurring inside the brain that is another lie of science. Dreams occur in the astral realm where things can manifest instantly. So whatever your thinking about you can instantly experience. Here in what we call the "physical" the manifestation process is slower.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Science is fundamentally flawed because it's operating off the flawed assumption that there is an objective reality to study and observe. The truth is that reality is subjective. You are a powerful energetic consciousness that creates your subjective reality this is why you are constantly at the center of your universe. The brain does not create consciousness it merely acts as a filter for it.

For those that do not believe in spiritual matters, I challenge you to explore your spiritual nature. You don't have to take my word on anything you can all go out of body quite easily and that is all the proof you will ever need. Dreaming is a form of unconscious astral projection, but you can turn your dreams into lucid dreams. Anyone that does not believe in a soul or an energy body you can astral project and experience it for yourself in fact you do this every night even if you don't remember your dreams....

To deny your spiritual nature is like a fish denying that it comes from the water. Sad and ridiculous at the same time. Because you deny your true nature you give your creative powers to others who manipulate you into creating a reality that doesn't benefit you, but benefits them...

Religion: Is it All in Your Head?

Speaking of science: While looking into how the brain regulates behavior, I VilayanurRamashandran, M.D., thinks he may have found God. The neurologist believes that somewhere in the brain's temporal lobes there may be neural circuitry for religious experience; he points to the fact that about 25 percent of patients with temporal lobe epilepsy are obsessed with religion. "I have temporal lobe patients walking into my laboratory wearing a huge cross and carrying a 500-page tome on the nature of God," says Ramashandran, of the University of California in San Diego.

I have right temporal lobe epilepsy; and, though I can't speak for every person with it, I believe this is 100% correct. Parts of the brain do put together religious experiences.

People who aren't spiritually problem experienced "spiritual" experiences but unlike religious, they don't attribute it to religion and thereby wouldn't associate it as such. Some people have it more than others. Spiritual matters can be explained by science. I believe we all to one degree or another has experienced "spiritual" experiences. But why do they need to be called such and be religious for one to have it?

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member

It always baffles me when people who claim that "everything is subjective" can be so dogmatic about that assertion.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

This is one reason why science and religion should be kept separate

You should note that you posted that entire OP using several real benefits of science from materials to quantum mechanics

Religion: Is it All in Your Head?

Speaking of science: While looking into how the brain regulates behavior, I VilayanurRamashandran, M.D., thinks he may have found God. The neurologist believes that somewhere in the brain's temporal lobes there may be neural circuitry for religious experience; he points to the fact that about 25 percent of patients with temporal lobe epilepsy are obsessed with religion. "I have temporal lobe patients walking into my laboratory wearing a huge cross and carrying a 500-page tome on the nature of God," says Ramashandran, of the University of California in San Diego.

I have right temporal lobe epilepsy; and, though I can't speak for every person with it, I believe this is 100% correct. Parts of the brain do put together religious experiences.

People who aren't spiritually problem experienced "spiritual" experiences but unlike religious, they don't attribute it to religion and thereby wouldn't associate it as such. Some people have it more than others. Spiritual matters can be explained by science. I believe we all to one degree or another has experienced "spiritual" experiences. But why do they need to be called such and be religious for one to have it?

Science can not explain anything it can't even explain how anything could have come into existence in the first place. Religions are nothing more then a way for the ruling elite to control the masses they have nothing to do with spirituality. You are an powerful creative energetic conscious being and you can experience this for yourself.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Science is fundamentally flawed because it's operating off the flawed assumption that there is an objective reality to study and observe. The truth is that reality is subjective.

Yes and no.

"The truth" (to use your words) is that all worldviews have foundational assumptions that must be granted in order for them to make sense. This is as true of the idea that "reality is subjective" as it is for the idea that "reality is objective." Those who disagree with certain foundational assumptions may be tempted to call those assumptions "flawed" but they are no more or less flawed than other such assumptions. The foundational assumptions of a worldview help define its strengths and weaknesses, or its limitations as a map of the territory. Different assumptions serve different purposes, so they are all more or less useful depending on context.

In the sciences, for example, you have to start with certain foundational assumptions for it to make any sense at all. This is sometimes called the "philosophy of science" and all other human endeavors have similar philosophical underpinnings. For example, one of the key foundational assumptions of science is that we are able to observe the universe and that we can do so in ways that can be quantified meaningfully. If we don't grant that - say, we assume that what we observe is all an illusion and that all measures are meaningless - we can't do science.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Science can not explain anything it can't even explain how anything could have come into existence in the first place. Religions are nothing more then a way for the ruling elite to control the masses they have nothing to do with spirituality.

Pardon, but where did you learn this? Who taught you this? And why did you believe them?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Science can not explain anything it can't even explain how anything could have come into existence in the first place. Religions are nothing more then a way for the ruling elite to control the masses they have nothing to do with spirituality. You are an powerful creative energetic conscious being and you can experience this for yourself.

Nor can you, the difference is science investigates, you say "i dont knowbso god"

If this is true, could you send me the objective routing number of your bank account?

Don’t worry, you’ll subjectively still have money in the account at the center of your universe when I’m done with it. Like science, I’m operating off the flawed assumption that you have objective funds in your account I can study and observe.

... KIDDING, of course. Please don’t actually send me any information. ;)

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

It's a neurological thing. Science such as psychology, neurology, even neurotheology, and so forth explain spiritual experiences and spirituality. How we feel, what we feel, and so forth. Traditions help us explain it and live it since most of it "can't be explained in words." Humans aren't separated from the rest of nature and natural processes.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Science is fundamentally flawed because it's operating off the flawed assumption that there is an objective reality to study and observe.

Interesting Bull****. Thank you for serving it up. We didn't have enough this year already.

Science does not assume an objective reality. Saying it does is merely shorthand for the assumptions it does make. It's merely a convenient way of expressing the truth, which takes a whole lot more words to express than does 'objective reality'. What you're doing is taking the 'poetry' literally. But you're in good company because even some scientists make the same mistake. At least some. Who would have thought they'd forget the epistemology 101 course they all took at the very start of their education as a scientist? After all, epistemology is absolutely vital to anyone's career, let alone that of scientists, right?

Yes and no.

"The truth" (to use your words) is that all worldviews have foundational assumptions that must be granted in order for them to make sense. This is as true of the idea that "reality is subjective" as it is for the idea that "reality is objective." Those who disagree with certain foundational assumptions may be tempted to call those assumptions "flawed" but they are no more or less flawed than other such assumptions. The foundational assumptions of a worldview help define its strengths and weaknesses, or its limitations as a map of the territory. Different assumptions serve different purposes, so they are all more or less useful depending on context.

In the sciences, for example, you have to start with certain foundational assumptions for it to make any sense at all. This is sometimes called the "philosophy of science" and all other human endeavors have similar philosophical underpinnings. For example, one of the key foundational assumptions of science is that we are able to observe the universe and that we can do so in ways that can be quantified meaningfully. If we don't grant that - say, we assume that what we observe is all an illusion and that all measures are meaningless - we can't do science.

Yes, everything you observe in the "physical" is an illusion. All the ancient teachings have told you this. The physical exists to capture your attention. Where your attention goes your energy flows. You are experiencing a predatory parasitic "physical" reality because you are in a predatory parasitic spiritual realm whereby your energy is being stolen from you.

The true universe exists inside of you not up in space somewhere, but you all have forgotten what you are and where you come from because you have been trapped in this "physical" predatory realm for too long.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Yes, everything you observe in the "physical" is an illusion. All the ancient teachings have told you this.

I think you are talking about yourself here. This does not reflect not my experience or my thoughts. Personally, I do not care if reality is "objective" or "subjective" - I find that designation irrelevant to life and living. That's actually the lesson I've gotten out of the "ancient teachings" of our Pagan ancestors - that there are many stories to weave about the world and they all have their uses. Why limit myself to one story? That's boring and unnecessary to me.

If this is true, could you send me the objective routing number of your bank account?

Don’t worry, you’ll subjectively still have money in the account at the center of your universe when I’m done with it. Like science, I’m operating off the flawed assumption that you have objective funds in your account I can study and observe.

... KIDDING, of course. Please don’t actually send me any information. ;)

When we interact we interact with each others reality. I'm not saying that you can't effect another person's reality. The difference is that you may interpret sensory data you receive vastly different then me. Children are all subconsciously taught to interpret the world in a similar way. This is done with the internal dialogue that runs in your head constantly telling your story about what you believe reality is. If you can change your internal dialogue you will change your perception of reality. That is why if you want to change something about yourself you must first change what you think about yourself.