• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The reason for Baha'u'llahs banishment to Akka according to an academically peer reviewed article

danieldemol

Premium Member
Please note that this is in the Baha'i DIR.

According to the academically reviewed Smith, Peter (2008). An Introduction to the Baha'i Faith. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press. ISBN 0-521-86251-5

Baha'u'llah was banished to Akka and Azal (Mirza Yahya) was banished to Famagusta Cypress as Bahá'u'lláh and Mirza Yahya were propagating religious claims, and, fearing that this might cause future disorder, the Ottomans decided to again exile the 'Bábí' leaders.

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member

According to the academically reviewed Smith, Peter (2008). An Introduction to the Baha'i Faith. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press. ISBN 0-521-86251-5

Baha'u'llah was banished to Akka and Azal (Mirza Yahya) was banished to Famagusta Cypress as Bahá'u'lláh and Mirza Yahya were propagating religious claims, and, fearing that this might cause future disorder, the Ottomans decided to again exile the 'Bábí' leaders.

It makes sense. Baha'u'llah didn't declare Himself publicly to be Him whom God shall make manifest until 1863 and it wasn't until Adrianople the competing claims between Baha'u'llah and Subh-i-Azal came to a head. I understand the Azalis tried to persue their agenda by appeals to the Ottoman Empire, which backfired. Instead of taking sides the authorities became concerned religious claims were being made that challenged the immutable belief in Muhammad as the last prophet. This was akin to apostasy and both parties were banished.

InvestigateTruth

I believe all of it was planned by God to happen in this way, so, Bahaullah ends up in Akka, so, the prophecies may be fulfilled. And there is a reason for Bahaullah to end up in Israel! See how this cause doubts in the minds of some Muslims? They see it as an evidence for Bahais being spies of Israel. I see it as a test. Similar to other tests that Happened in previous Revelations as Bahaullah explains in Iqan.