• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The reality of human sexuality: Dr. Debra Soh

Road Warrior

Seeking the middle path..
Can't they also develop into normal, stable homosexuals (if that is the route they are going) with a later puberty?
That's what Soh is advocating. She's equating letting a prepubescent child who thinks they were born in the wrong body take drugs or have surgery to be a form of conversion therapy.

Road Warrior

What you "believe" about it is irrelevant. That's none of your business and you should mind your own. It doesn't involve you and you obviously don't even understand it. It's like abortion - we'd better off if everyone minded their damn business and let people make their own private medical decisions. If the kid decides not to pursue transition, they can stop the puberty blockers, which are temporary in the first place.
Disagreed. While you may advocate that parents can put their kids through conversion therapy, I do not. It's pseudoscience and could have life-long ramifications for a child.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
That's what Soh is advocating. She's equating letting a prepubescent child who thinks they were born in the wrong body take drugs or have surgery to be a form of conversion therapy.
She sounds like an idiot. There's many trans people who end up identifying as LGB or Q after transitioning to their target sex. There's been studies showing that most trans women are lesbians or bi. So the "gay genocide" nonsense I see gay transphobes using is bull**** (it's an argument that originated among TERFs and I wouldn't be surprised if this Soh quack is one of them or affiliated with them). If anything, they should be glad to see an increase in their ranks.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Disagreed. While you may advocate that parents can put their kids through conversion therapy, I do not. It's pseudoscience and could have life-long ramifications for a child.
It's not "conversion therapy". Learn the meaning of words before you show your ignorance again. I'm a bisexual trans man, myself.

Curious George

Veteran Member
We seem to have not connected there. If your assertion is that children will grow into normal stable homosexuals who embrace their own sex, then won't this also be true regardless of whether the child takes puberty blockers or not?

Road Warrior

She sounds like an idiot. There's many trans people who end up identifying as LGB or Q after transitioning to their target sex. There's been studies showing that most trans women are lesbians or bi. So the "gay genocide" nonsense I see gay transphobes using is bull**** (it's an argument that originated among TERFs and I wouldn't be surprised if this Soh quack is one of them or affiliated with them). If anything, they should be glad to see an increase in their ranks.
Great! WTF does that have to do with giving kids conversion therapy?

Road Warrior

We seem to have not connected there. If your assertion is that children will grow into normal stable homosexuals who embrace their own sex, then won't this also be true regardless of whether the child takes puberty blockers or not?
The data states that kids with gender dysphoria who are given counseling and social support, but not conversion drugs or surgery, often grow up to be stable, healthy human beings, about 60% of whom are homosexual.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
That is not true.
Maybe some. Not most
"A 2015 survey of roughly 3000 American trans women showed that at least 60% were attracted to women.[14] Of the trans women respondents 27% answered gay, lesbian, or same-gender-loving, 20% answered bisexual, 19% straight, 16% pansexual, 6% answered asexual, 6% queer, and 6% did not answer.[12]"
Transgender sexuality - Wikipedia

Don't blame me. I didn't believe it at first, either. :shrug:

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I think law is what matters.
Freedom of sexual expression is sacred.
But to avoid juridic confusion, in Italy only those transgenders who undergo SRS can obtain an anagraphical change.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I think law is what matters.
Freedom of sexual expression is sacred.
But to avoid juridic confusion, in Italy only those transgenders who undergo SRS can obtain an anagraphical change.
Other European countries have rejected those laws as a form of compulsory sterilization and a violation of human rights. My birth state, California, does not require surgery to legally change sex on birth certificates or other documents. You just need a doctor to vouch for you. Not all trans people can even get SRS due to health problems or financial issues. Not all trans people want it, either. So I don't think it's fair to make that the requirement.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
"A 2015 survey of roughly 3000 American trans women showed that at least 60% were attracted to women.[14] Of the trans women respondents 27% answered gay, lesbian, or same-gender-loving, 20% answered bisexual, 19% straight, 16% pansexual, 6% answered asexual, 6% queer, and 6% did not answer.[12]"
Transgender sexuality - Wikipedia

Don't blame me. I didn't believe it at first, either. :shrug:
It's because women are babes and who doesn't like them? :purpleheart:

Road Warrior

Nah, I'd rather point out where you're wrong for the benefit of others. I'd rather address falsehoods than let it lie, especially when it pertains to groups I'm a member of.
Go for it, but please don't call my posts lies. Unlike yours, I actually backed mine up with factual links.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Go for it, but please don't call my posts lies. Unlike yours, I actually backed mine up with factual links.
Not in any post to me, you haven't, and it's been established that Soh is not an authority on the subject and has a political agenda that taints her comments on this issue. So she can be disregarded as a source.

I didn't say your posts were lies, but that they're very incorrect and show an ignorance of the subject.