• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Real Story of Jesus

Cordoba

To continue in chronological order from the last section, Jesus peace be upon him performed many miracles with God's permission, but the following was one of the most amazing:

Jesus's Brings the Dead to Life

Jesus continued to pray to Allah for mercy on his people and to teach his people to have mercy on one another and to believe in Allah.

Jesus continued his mission, aided by divine miracles. Some Qur'anic commentators said that Jesus brought four people back from the dead

UNQUOTE

These miracles were signs from God for people to believe that Jesus peace be upon him was conveying God's message and guidance and that he was saying the truth.

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
Cordoba said:
Dear NetDoc:

For God to forgive our sins, all what is needed from us is a sincere repentance.

God does not need Jesus, peace be upon him, to suffer and die for us, simply because He is The Most Merciful, The Loving and Forgiving God.
John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son. 19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. 21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God." NIV

God and Jesus seem to disagree with you. Thought you should know. :D

Scott1

NetDoc said:
God and Jesus seem to disagree with you. Thought you should know. :D
Amen ND! For as much as I love our Muslim brothers and sisters, this desire to "rewrite" the Bible with the Qu'ran is a bit annoying.:(

Cordoba

Scott1 said:
Amen ND! For as much as I love our Muslim brothers and sisters, this desire to "rewrite" the Bible with the Qu'ran is a bit annoying.:(
Dear Scott, and Dear NetDoc:

I'm sorry you find this thread annoying, but Muslims are certain it is the Truth.

If that's the case, maybe it's best not to continue on this topic, as in any case the rest of the story is available on the URL on the first post if of interest to other readers.

We also love our Christian brothers and sisters, and this thread is not meant to annoy or offend or claim that we are right and they are wrong. It really is a sincere and friendly attempt to let others know about Jesus peace be upon him from God's final Divine Revelation to mankind what The Pauline Church has concealed from the followers of Jesus for many centuries, especially since the year 325.

When we differ with followers of other faiths, I personally quote verse (109:6) from The Qur'an which says:

"For you is your religion, and for me is my religion".

With best wishes to all our Christian friends, and lets hope that peace prevails.

Scott1

Cordoba said:
We also love our Christian brothers and sisters, and this thread is not meant to annoy or offend or claim that we are right and they are wrong. It really is a sincere and friendly attempt to let others know about Jesus peace be upon him from God's final Divine Revelation to mankind what The Pauline Church has concealed from the followers of Jesus for many centuries, especially since the year 325.
Your mistaken idea that "The Pauline Church has concealed" anything is contrary to your description of a "sincere and friendly attempt" to do anything.

When you call the ancestors of my Church "liars", do you really think that is "friendly"?:confused:

Fatmop

Well, it seems he means that the Pauline Church concealed either the nature or the truth of Islamic doctrine. I wouldn't disagree that they concealed its nature, just as much as the Muslims conceal the nature of Christianity to their followers. Why extol the virtues of another religion if you want to hold on to your own members?
As to concealing the truth, it seems that religious truth is in the eyes of the beholder. I think if both sides in here (but especially Cordoba) stopped treating their scripture as undeniable truth and actually had an open, friendly talk, you might get somewhere.

Scott1

Fatmop said:
Well, it seems he means that the Pauline Church concealed either the nature or the truth of Islamic doctrine.
They concealed it prior to the birth of Islam? Neat trick.

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
Hmnnnn,

I never said I was annoyed. I just pointed out that God and Jesus disagree with your assessment! That's all!

Cordoba

Scott1 said:
Your mistaken idea that "The Pauline Church has concealed" anything is contrary to your description of a "sincere and friendly attempt" to do anything.
History is history, Scott.

I think if one is really interested in finding the Truth, historical studies on what took place 17 centuries ago leading to The Council of Nicea and what happened there is important.

If on the other hand one is too subjective to do this type of research, and fully trusts the judgement of "ancestors" that's also fine if they are happy with that. The main thing is to be consistent and frank.

All the best.

Scott1

Cordoba said:
History is history, Scott.
Amen.
I think if one is really interested in finding the Truth, historical studies on what took place 17 centuries ago leading to The Council of Nicea and what happened there is important.
I'd be happy to provide an education about it... start a new thread or stop by my forum any time you'd like.
If on the other hand one is too subjective to do this type of research, and fully trusts the judgement of "ancestors" that's also fine if they are happy with that. The main thing is to be consistent and frank.
Quite right.... the truth is out there, no matter how difficult it might be to learn.

Scott1

Cordoba said:
Do you know that most Muslims believe that Jesus peace be upon him will return?
Super, so do we..... but if you believe his Book, I wouldn't look forward to it.:eek: [/QUOTE]

Cordoba

Scott1 said:
Super, so do we..... but if you believe his Book, I wouldn't look forward to it.
[/QUOTE]
Let's then wait and see.

Where by the way is your forum?

With best wishes.

mr.guy

crapsack
Scott1 said:
Never said Jesus wrote a book... I said it was "his Book"..... but thanks for the typical atheist garbage.
You're very welcome. But where are my manners...
Super, so do we..... but if you believe his Book, I wouldn't look forward to it.
Thank YOU for pointing out the folly in not being a christian. Boy, do i feel stupid.

Scott1

Upon further review... I believe the ignore feature to be a better solution.

Looking forward to hearing from you Cordoba.