• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Real Story of Jesus

Cordoba

Greetings to All:

The birth of Jesus peace be upon him from a mother without a father was a miracle from God.

Prophet Jesus peace be upon him was a human being.

The following article may be of interest as it gives a full account of the story of Jesus starting from the birth of his mother, Mary the daughter of Imran, Prophet Zechariah her guardian (Prophet Zechariah was the father of Prophet Yahya - John the Baptist), the birth of Prophet Jesus, peace be upon him, his life and miracles mentioned in The Qur'an:

http://www.witness-pioneer.org/vil/Articles/Prophet/isa.htm

All the best.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Cordoba said:
The following article may be of interest as it gives a full account ...
Another self-serving fable offered with no evidence because, of course, there is no evidence.

Cordoba

Radar said:
I like that... The STORY part because that is what it is a story told be man to man.
The story in this article of the life of Jesus, peace be upon him, and his mother Mary, is based on The Qur'an.

It's the true story of his life as explained by God in The Qur'an.

All the best.

Cordoba

Jayhawker Soule said:
Another self-serving fable offered with no evidence because, of course, there is no evidence.
The evidence is in The Qur'an.

Jesus peace be upon him was a human being born by a miracle from God.

All the best.

Dayv

When will people understand that just because people write something in a book doesn't mean it's true, regardless of who writes it or where it is written. It's a myth written by men. There is NO proof.

Cordoba

Dayv said:
When will people understand that just because people write something in a book doesn't mean it's true, regardless of who writes it or where it is written. It's a myth written by men. There is NO proof.
The Qur'an is God's final guidance to humanity, Dayv.

It is The Truth.

All the best.

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
Hello, all! Just a general reminder about one of our rules...

19.) Proselytizing will not be tolerated. This forum is for sharing, discussing and understanding other religions and ideas, not converting others to your individual religion or beliefs.
Thanks in advance for remembering this! :)

Cordoba

Thank you for the reminder, FeathersinHair.

In the Religious Debate section I understand it is allowed to debate religious topics.

Many people are confused of who Jesus peace be upon him really was. This article on the story of Jesus peace be upon him helps clear this confusion. I hope that is ok.

Sharing, discussing and understanding this topic in a friendly dialogue I hope will prevail on this thread and on other threads.

Peace and all the best.

Cordoba

Dayv said:
this told to you by... the Qur'an?
Yes, and also by Jesus, peace be upon him, himself who foretold the coming after him of the last of God's Prophets, prophet Muhammad peace be upon him.

All the best.

Dayv

wait, so you are saying that the Qur'an is the proof that the Qur'an is the true word of god? Is this not circular logic?

Dayv

no, i'm still on this topic. People can think they're reading whatever they want, that isn't proof. So if I read it and am convinced it's actually written by men, am I credible? Because it was, it is a story written by men whose only 'proof' is there own futile word of mouth.
And yes, this is circular logic, it is pretty much the definition of circular logic. When the only way your 'proof' is credible is if the thing it is supposedly giving credit to is credible itself.

Darkdale

World Leader Pretend
Hmmm, so who wants to take a shot at Muhammad? Oh, wait, yeah, the rest of us aren't religious bigots. These kind of threads are really getting out of hand.

Cordoba

Dayv said:
People can think they're reading whatever they want, that isn't proof. So if I read it and am convinced it's actually written by men, am I credible? Because it was, it is a story written by men whose only 'proof' is there own futile word of mouth.
If you read The Qur'an and you're not convinced it is a Divine Book, that's your personal opinion to which you are entitled, Dayv.

To believe in God or disbelieve in him is a personal decision which each one of us takes at one point or another in life. It's basically an intellectual decision, as we can't see God, and we have to relie on abstract thinking and intellectual arguments on whether God exists or not. Reading what is claimed to be a Divine Revelation is one way of finding the answer.

I hope that does not deviate us from the main subject, but what sort of proof do you have in mind?

All the best.

Dayv

you present an argument that you know the true story of jesus, prove it! Give some actual logical evidence. All you've said is 'the qur'an is right because the qur'an says so.' If this is your reasoning, why do you even believe what you believe?

Sorry if I'm getting worked up, but I'm tired of arrogent people saying how obviously right they are when their 'proof' is 'god is obvious' and 'because the bible/qur'an says so.' and then act stupifide when everyone isn't converting to their religion. Are religious people incapable of putting themselves into the minds of others? I can understand why people believe what they believe, why can't anyone understand why people don't believe what they believe.