• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The rational merits of following the Quran alone.

Lorgar-Aurelian

I was once a Muslims and I've been thinking lately. One of my biggest concerns as I was leaving was hadith. I often found the hadith was all over the place, most of the very worst parts of Islam came from the hadith and there is a lot of backwards ideas present within. On top of that the reliability of the Hadith is something I have questioned from the very beginning. With the whole He said She said that he said that hhe said all the way back to Muhammad.

If I was going to accept Islam again for any reason I would more than likely be a Quranist. So with that thought in mind I had a few questions.

Do you believe people should be executed for leaving Islam?
How do you pray?
What do you believe the Quran says about homosexuals? Can a homosexual man or woman live the Quranist lifestyle?
What are your opinions on Muhammad?
How does one convert to the Quranist movement?
What major differences have you seen between Quranism and Hadith based Islam?

Any answers would be appreciated.

Harris

Peace !

I've been a Quran alone Muslim for 6 years now . I'll try my best to answer your questions :).

// Do you believe people should be executed for leaving Islam?//

No, capital punishment for apostasy comes from the Hadith traditions and has absolutely no basis in the Quran. The Quran provides absolute freedom to every human being to choose the truth or reject it.
[2:256] There shall be no compulsion in religion: the right way is now distinct from the wrong way. Anyone who denounces the devil and believes in GOD has grasped the strongest bond; one that never breaks. GOD is Hearer, Omniscient.

// How do you pray?//

I believe the Quran dictates "contact" with God at five intervals in a day. At dawn, noon , afternoon, sunset and night. I perform the contact ritual (Salat) the same way as the Sunnis but with minor changes. I do not invoke Muhammad or any human being for that matter during my Salat as it goes against the principles of the Quran. All religious practices should be totally devoted to God alone.
// What do you believe the Quran says about homosexuals? Can a homosexual man or woman live the Quranist lifestyle?//

Homosexuality is considered as an abomination and thus a transgression in the Quran. Therefore, i believe homosexual men and women should abstain from it. Any one can live a Quranist lifestyle as long as they abide by the commandments of the Quran. By the way, the Quran does not command capital punishment for Homosexuals.

// What are your opinions on Muhammad?//

Muhammad was a human being like any other human being who was inspired by God. His mission was to deliver the Quran and establish the laws of the Quran in his society and invite people to the path of God. The Quran tells as that Muhammad had an exemplary character and was a role model for the believers. However, like every human being he too made mistakes, misjudgments etc. Therefore i do not consider him to be demi-god. He was simply a human messenger.

// How does one convert to the Quranist movement?//

If you believe in the oneness of God and uphold the word of God (Quran) as the sole authority in Islam , you are a true Muslim.