• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Rapture a Glorious Event

FFH

Veteran Member
in the air does not mean "off the earth".
These are the kind of statements and thinking that seriously boggles my mind....:confused:

How could "in the air," be anything but off the earth. Do not planes travel "in the air" and not on the earth ???

How is it possible to interprete that any other way symbolically ????

Please show me where you get the idea we are removed from the earth.
Again refer to Jesus Christ's words in Mathew 24, Joseph Smith Inspired version preferrably...

Will post a link one minute...

FFH

Veteran Member
From this link: Joseph Smith—Matthew 1

Mathew 24 (Joseph Smith Inspired version)
44Then shall be fulfilled that which is written, that in the last days, two shall be in the field, the one shall be taken, and the other left;

45 Two shall be grinding at the mill, the one shall be taken, and the other left;

46 And what I say unto one, I say unto all men; watch, therefore, for you know not at what hour your Lord doth come.

This is clearly speaking of the second coming/appearing of Christ, the morning of the first resurrection, the "catching away" of the very elect of God into the clouds/air/heavens...wherever that is it matters not...it's simply not on this earth...

FFH

Veteran Member
so.... why did you say no to outer space?
Too demeaning a term for this discussion and not in any way accurate.

We will be on another world/heaven/paradise, not floating in outer space hanging out on nothing but thin air, that's ridiculous of course

I do have some sense of sanity still left in me, but not much after dealing with this life..:rolleyes:

Heavens or paradise or just another world would be a more accurate term to use, unless your main goal is to demean and discredit, which usually is the case with someone who does not want to understand what scriptures really teach concerning this.

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
You know with all this talk of being caught up in the air makes me thing that God and Jesus are Alien in a UFO taking people up:D
Just like I think that "hell"(if there is one) is the sun, but look now I'm sounding crazy like others we know:areyoucra

Comprehend

Res Ipsa Loquitur
These are the kind of statements and thinking that seriously boggles my mind....:confused:

How could "in the air," be anything but off the earth. Do not planes travel "in the air" and not on the earth ???

How is it possible to interprete that any other way symbolically ????

We both know that you are talking about going to another planet.

yes, "off the earth" could mean simply going up in the air but you are saying that means we go to another planet.

I never said that was to be interpreted symbolically, so it is a little strange that you would ask that question. Are you confused?

Anyway, please show me what if any evidence you have that some people will be removed from this earth to another place (not just up in the air) such as another planet or "heaven" or whatever, during the "rapture". OK?

Comprehend

Res Ipsa Loquitur
From this link: Joseph Smith—Matthew 1

Mathew 24 (Joseph Smith Inspired version)
44Then shall be fulfilled that which is written, that in the last days, two shall be in the field, the one shall be taken, and the other left;

45 Two shall be grinding at the mill, the one shall be taken, and the other left;

46 And what I say unto one, I say unto all men; watch, therefore, for you know not at what hour your Lord doth come.

This is clearly speaking of the second coming/appearing of Christ, the morning of the first resurrection, the "catching away" of the very elect of God into the clouds/air/heavens...wherever that is it matters not...it's simply not on this earth...

Nowhere there does it say people will be taken to another planet. Sorry.

Popeyesays

Well, what is it, are we raptured, or do we go directly to heaven when we die, do not pass GO.

I think the "Rapture" is for those who are faithful in Christ at the moment that Christ appears. They are lifted up by God right off the surface of the earth where they are doing laundry, working on their computers, walking their dogs, taking a nap, sunbathing, or driving a car.

This particular event is not a reference to those who are in their graves.

Some Christians believe we go to our reward at the time of death, others believe in a bodily resurrection for all those who have "shuffled off this mortal coil".

Regards,
Scott

FFH

Veteran Member
You know with all this talk of being caught up in the air makes me thing that God and Jesus are Alien in a UFO taking people up:D
Just like I think that "hell"(if there is one) is the sun, but look now I'm sounding crazy like others we know:areyoucra
Many will believe this when the first resurrection happens and we are taken off this earth...

FFH

Veteran Member
Nowhere there does it say people will be taken to another planet. Sorry.
It's logically understood that Christ will take us off this planet and onto another one, temporarily, until the earth is cleansed of all wickedness and no one will be on this earth when it is completely destroyed.

All the elements will melt with a fervent heat....

Those who were not Christ's at his coming, who will be part of the morning and/or afternoon of the second resurrection, at the end of the millenial reign of Christ on earth, will spend time in hell during the millenium, with Satan and his angels.
or
Those who were Christ's at his coming will be taken off this earth, during the morning and/or afternoon of the first resurrection, prior to the destruction of this earth, and will later descend with Christ onto a new earth, when at which time peace will reign for a 1000 years...

No one will be on this earth when it is completely destroyed and a new earth created...

The sphere may remain, but all the works upon the earth will melt with a fervent heat...

Everything will be destroyed !!! EVERYTHING !!! LDS temples included...

LDS Scripture Word Search: A new heaven and a new earth

Nauvoo was a type and shadow of things to come, yet this time we will miraculously escape our enemies..

I believe this is going to happen very soon, just when things start to go really good for Christians in general and the LDS church of course...

Romney as president will seal the deal..

Remember Nauvoo was a type and a shadow of things to come. I feel this very very strongly.. Joseph Smith also signed up to run for President of the U.S. just before he died and Nauvoo (a beautiful city) was taken over along with the temple of course..

This will happen again no doubt... History repeats itself all too often.

The world will become jealous and will seek to destroy us for our riches and our power/influence, especially because of the LDS churches riches and influence as well as many other great and good Christian organizations/religions.....

Comprehend

Res Ipsa Loquitur
It's logically understood that Christ will take us off this planet and onto another one, temporarily, until the earth is cleansed of all wickedness and no one will be on this earth when it is completely destroyed.

No, actually, it isn't. That is why I asked for your evidence of this. So far you haven't provided any. Do you have any scripture or statement from and LDS leader at all that says that some will be taken from this planet to another one for a dinner (and if we are lucky, a movie too) while the "tribulation" takes place and then we come back?

Anything at all would be nice....

All the elements will melt with a fervent heat....

Those who were not Christ's at his coming, who will be part of the morning and/or afternoon of the second resurrection, at the end of the millenial reign of Christ on earth, will spend time in hell during the millenium, with Satan and his angels.
or
Those who were Christ's at his coming will be taken off this earth, during the morning and/or afternoon of the first resurrection, prior to the destruction of this earth, and will later descend with Christ onto a new earth, when at which time peace will reign for a 1000 years...

No one will be on this earth when it is completely destroyed and a new earth created...

The sphere may remain, but all the works upon the earth will melt with a fervent heat...

Everything will be destroyed !!! EVERYTHING !!! LDS temples included...

LDS Scripture Word Search: A new heaven and a new earth

Nauvoo was a type and shadow of things to come, yet this time we will miraculously escape our enemies..

um.... nice... :slap:

That is a very interesting story but it is also just your opinion that not a single person will be on the earth. Like I asked above, do you have ANYTHING whatever to offer as evidence, a quote... scripture... anything?

I am not talking about something that could possibly be construed to maybe imply that people won't be on the earth. I mean an actual statement or scripture to that effect.

Sola'lor

LDSUJC
I don't believe that the righteous will be taken from the Earth at Christ's comming. I believe that the righteous's bodies will be raised to a level where they can withstand the glory of Christ. The wicked's bodies will not be at this level and will be unable to withstand His presence. I don't believe a huge fire will spread over the Earth burning people.

FFH

Veteran Member
I don't believe that the righteous will be taken from the Earth at Christ's comming. I believe that the righteous's bodies will be raised to a level where they can withstand the glory of Christ. The wicked's bodies will not be at this level and will be unable to withstand His presence. I don't believe a huge fire will spread over the Earth burning people.
Uh, Sodom and Gommorah is also a type and a shadow of things to come for sure, no doubt about it..

We fool ourselves if we think wickedness will be allowed to prosper on this earth, which will become a paradise (Terestrial world) and then a heaven (Celestial world) at the end of the millenial reign of Christ..

This earth will be cleansed by fire..

Sola'lor

LDSUJC
Yes but do we not also compare the Holy Ghost to fire? Baptism of Water and then the Baptism of Fire? I sure wasn't thrown into a fire pit after my baptism in water.

I'm not saying there wont be fires but I think that the burning of the wicked doesn't mean they will all burst into flames. I think they will be overcome by the power and glory of Christ that they will be 'burned.' Moses would have died if he hadn't been changed to withstand the presence of God. Same with Joseph Smith. If our physical bodies are not changed we will be unable to withstand the power and glory of Christ.

FFH

Veteran Member
Do you have any scripture or statement from and LDS leader at all that says that some will be taken from this planet to another one for a dinner (and if we are lucky, a movie too) while the "tribulation" takes place and then we come back?
Only scriptures Comprehend, only scriptures...

It's all there plain as day...

Anything at all would be nice....
Luke 8: 10
And he said, Unto you it is given to know the mysteries of the kingdom of God: but to others in parables; that seeing they might not see, and hearing they might not understand.

This scripture is being fulfilled to a larger degree than I had previously imagined...

It is a very interesting story but it is also just your opinion that not a single person will be on the earth.
Either you will be taken into paradise/heaven or cast into spirit prison or hell only to be redeemed at the end of the millenial reign of Christ....

Hell is deep in the earth while heaven is one planet above Kolob. Sprit prison and spirit paradise being on this earth in another dimmension...

Will we just hang out in another dimmension on this earth, in spirit paradise, until the earth is cleansed ??? No, because we will have resurrected bodies. We will not be on this earth for the final showdown between the wicked and the wicked.

Christ said, in the last days the wicked will destroy the wicked.. He never said the righteous would destroy the wicked or the wicked would desttroy the righteous.

Like I asked above, do you have ANYTHING whatever to offer as evidence, a quote... scripture... anything?

I am not talking about something that could possibly be construed to maybe imply that people won't be on the earth. I mean an actual statement or scripture to that effect.
Again, refer to Luke 8:10 above...

FFH

Veteran Member
Yes but do we not also compare the Holy Ghost to fire?
Yes and the flames of hell are real but they don't consume...

Just as the Holy Ghost can cleanse someone as by fire, so will the flames of hell cleanse a person of sins, if they choose not to take advantage of Christ's atonement on our behalf..

I have felt these flames in my spirit and they seem to cleanse and to warn of the realities of hell and it's all consuming fire...

There will be a literal consuming of the earth with natural fire though...
Baptism of Water and then the Baptism of Fire? I sure wasn't thrown into a fire pit after my baptism in water.
Right there is surely a supernatural cleansing of our spirits by fire, but the earth will burn with a natural fire and the "elements will melt with a fervent heat," according to scripture..

I'm not saying there wont be fires but I think that the burning of the wicked doesn't mean they will all burst into flames.
Tell that to the residents of Sodom and Gommorah. After the natural burning of this earth occurs there will be a supernatural burning in hell for a thousand years during the millenial reign of Christ on earth...

I feel very very sorry for those who don't take advantage of Christ's sacrifice, simply because of pride I suppose... They don't think they don't need savingI, but will have a rude awakening when Christ burns this earth...

I think they will be overcome by the power and glory of Christ that they will be 'burned.'
Yeah in hell, and on the earth if they are alive until the end, when Christ will physically destroy the earth in various ways and then burn it...

if a person finds themselves alive at the time of the end, and they reject Christ, these surely will suffer before this earth is finally burned with a real fire...

Moses would have died if he hadn't been changed to withstand the presence of God. Same with Joseph Smith. If our physical bodies are not changed we will be unable to withstand the power and glory of Christ.
True...

Comprehend

Res Ipsa Loquitur
Only scriptures Comprehend, only scriptures...

It's all there plain as day...

Luke 8: 10
And he said, Unto you it is given to know the mysteries of the kingdom of God: but to others in parables; that seeing they might not see, and hearing they might not understand.

This scripture is being fulfilled to a larger degree than I had previously imagined...

Either you will be taken into paradise/heaven or cast into spirit prison or hell only to be redeemed at the end of the millenial reign of Christ....

Hell is deep in the earth while heaven is one planet above Kolob. Sprit prison and spirit paradise being on this earth in another dimmension...

Will we just hang out in another dimmension on this earth, in spirit paradise until the earth is cleansed ??? No, because we will have resurrected bodies. We will not be on this earth for the final showdown between the wicked and the wicked.

Christ said, in the last days the wicked will destroy the wicked.. He never said the righteous would destroy the wicked or the wicked would desttroy the righteous.

Again, refer to Luke 8:10 above...

sorry, that scripture says absolutely nothing about people being taken off the earth.

Try again.

Also, you are dead wrong about where heaven is. The scriptures and prophets are clear that heaven will be here on this earth. We are not going to "one planet above kolob" (not that that is a surprise or anything, I just thought I would help you out a little)

honestly, one would have to use drugs to believe the things you say.

EDIT: if what you are saying is "plain as day" like you claim, why can't you find one LDS quote from anyone who back's you up? If we are all leaving this planet for another one, shouldn't there be some teachings on the subject? Wouldn't a prophet speak about it?

Try to find one quote from any LDS authority that says we go to another planet during the tribulation.

FFH

Veteran Member
Just like Jesus Christ, the leaders of the church will quote scriptures and parables and let the spirit whisper to the individual the truths plainly found in scripture...

Neither Jesus Christ nor the leaders of the LDS church will spell it out for us, it's up to us to "search the scriptures," and figure it out on our own, individually...

The church is only concerned with teaching basic doctrines of salvation and exaltaition...

Bruce R. McConkie in, "Mormon Doctrine," speaks of the morning and the afternoon of the first resurrection and the morning and the afternoon of the second resurrection and gives the general time frame, which we are all aware of, but that's about it..

Search the scriptures out it's all there, you just need the spirit to fill in the blanks...