• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Rapture a Glorious Event

FFH

Veteran Member
what surprises me is how amazingly, fantasticly similar the two phrases are... Did Joseph ever read the bible before he translated his own? Interesting stuff
He went through the King James and the Lord literally told him what to correct and restore through the use of the Urim and Thummim (a seer stone) which is the same thing that was used in the Old Testament....

FFH

Veteran Member
Scott said:
FFH,

Clouds are symbolic for a veil between God and man obscuring man's perception. To be caught up in the veil means the veil thins and we see better.

Symbolism is your friend.
Nice symbolism, but you leave out the "in the air" part. Explain that with symbolism....

FFH

Veteran Member
translation: the teachings of men, mingled with scripture. :rolleyes:
Yeah, on your part...I have not interpreted anything out of harmony with scripture, on this thread...

Show me one interpretation, if there are any in this thread, not in harmony with scripture...

Most don't even look past the opening post, and all that contains is scripture, you decide what it means..

Comprehend

Res Ipsa Loquitur
Yeah, on your part...I have not interpreted anything out of harmony with scripture, on this thread...

Show me one interpretation, if there are any in this thread, not in harmony with scripture...

Most don't even look past the opening post, and all that contains is scripture, you decide what it means..

FFH, I have already had this discussion with you the last time you decided to embarrass yourself. I'll let my argument from last time stand. :yes:

FFH

Veteran Member
I wouldn't use the term rapture in an LDS teaching setting of course, only in a setting like this would I use it so I can somewhat be on the same page with more people and work from there. It's a common ground whereby to break the ice.

FFH

Veteran Member
FFH, I have already had this discussion with you the last time you decided to embarrass yourself. I'll let my argument from last time stand. :yes:
You mean you don't want to be a Kirk Cameron Rapturist ??? :eek:

Man, I thought I almost had ya...:sad4:

Don't worry no embarrassments here, you guys are the only ones who seem embarrassed...

It's just a forum we are all anonymous for the most part...except Katzpur, she wants to meet eveyone, except me though, propbably, I would be too embarrassing to be around for sure.....:) Constantly talking about the ratpure and all...

That reminds me I gotta put a Book of Mormon in Kirk's mailbox...

Comprehend

Res Ipsa Loquitur
Okay, thanks for posting that, forgot what went on in that thread...

This will be interesting..

yep... interesting.

I strongly encourage anyone who would like to see the full extent of this lunacy to read through the previous thread... if you can...

Comprehend

Res Ipsa Loquitur
Okay, thanks for posting that, forgot what went on in that thread...

This will be interesting..

Yes or No questions for FFH: (please no rainbow colored scriptures, just answer the questions).

1. The righteous will physically be taken off the planet earth for an extended stay in outer space in order to avoid the "tribulation".

2. At some point, there will be a large dinner (wedding feast) in somewhere in space.

3. There is a 7 year "tribulation" period.

4. The Tribulation has already begun.

5. You are aware of the identity of the anti-christ.

6. The rapture will occur years before Christ comes to begin his millenial reign.

7. The Bible Code has unlocked much knowledge regarding the rapture.

more to come...

FFH

Veteran Member
Okay this is for Nutshell,

How can we descend with Chirst if we have not first literally ascended ???

Doctrine and Covenants 88: 96-98

96 And the saints that are upon the earth, who are alive, shall be quickened and be caught up to meet him.

97 And they who have slept in their graves shall come forth, for their graves shall be opened; and they also shall be caught up to meet him in the midst of the pillar of heaven—

98 They are Christ’s, the first fruits, they who shall descend with him first, and they who are on the earth and in their graves, who are first caught up to meet him; and all this by the voice of the sounding of the trump of the angel of God.

The reason this scripture states we will descend with the Lord, when he sets up his kingdom, is because we will have been "caught up" or taken off the earth/disappear prior to the Lord setting up His kingdom on the earth, so that the Lord, in his mercy, can spare the righteous, by removing them from off the earth, before he destroys the wicked in the last days...

Comprehend

Res Ipsa Loquitur
Okay this is for Nutshell,

How can we descend with Chirst if we have not first literally ascended ???

Doctrine and Covenants 88: 96-98

96 And the saints that are upon the earth, who are alive, shall be quickened and be caught up to meet him.

97 And they who have slept in their graves shall come forth, for their graves shall be opened; and they also shall be caught up to meet him in the midst of the pillar of heaven—

98 They are Christ’s, the first fruits, they who shall descend with him first, and they who are on the earth and in their graves, who are first caught up to meet him; and all this by the voice of the sounding of the trump of the angel of God.

The reason this scripture states we will descend with the Lord, when he sets up his kingdom, is because we will have been "caught up" or taken off the earth/disappear prior to the Lord setting up His kingdom on the earth, so that the Lord, in his mercy, can spare the righteous, by removing them from off the earth, before he destroys the wicked in the last days...

You are making up that anyone is taken off the earth. Where does any scripture or LDS commentary ever say that we are taken off the earth?

FFH

Veteran Member
Yes or No questions for FFH: (please no rainbow colored scriptures, just answer the questions).

1. The righteous will physically be taken off the planet earth for an extended stay in outer space in order to avoid the "tribulation".

2. At some point, there will be a large dinner (wedding feast) in somewhere in space.

3. There is a 7 year "tribulation" period.

4. The Tribulation has already begun.

5. You are aware of the identity of the anti-christ.

6. The rapture will occur years before Christ comes to begin his millenial reign.

7. The Bible Code has unlocked much knowledge regarding the rapture.

more to come...
Outer space, no, a heavenly place, yes...

As embarrassing as it is for you and others to hear, I say yes to all other questions asked here by Comprhend.

Nice job Comprehend, you know me all too well.. Your lawer skills are starting to shine through nicely. You will make a great lawyer.

Just the facts sir...

Okay, continue with your cross examination...

Comprehend

Res Ipsa Loquitur
Outer space, no, a heavenly place, yes...

As embarrassing as it is for you and others to hear, I say yes to all other questions asked here by Comprhend.

Nice job Comprehend, you know me all too well.. Your lawer skills are starting to shine through nicely. You will make a great lawyer.

Just the facts sir...

Okay, continue with your cross examination...

LOL. I'll have to continue tomorrow...

You do mean a heavenly place that is located somewhere not on this earth correct?

FFH

Veteran Member
You are making up that anyone is taken off the earth. Where does any scripture or LDS commentary ever say that we are taken off the earth?
Doh... how many times do I have to post scriptures stating "caught up to me the Lord IN THE AIR" ?????

It boggles my mind. I just can't comprehend it.
Comp said:
please no rainbow colored scriptures

No more rainbow scriptures ??? :rainbow1: :eek: :rainbow1:

Will just have to use rainbow smileys then to get peoples attention focused on key scriptures..

Comprehend

Res Ipsa Loquitur
Doh... how many times do I have to post scriptures stating "caught up to me the Lord IN THE AIR" ?????

It boggles my mind. I just can't comprehend it. ..

No more rainbow scriptures ??? :rainbow1: :eek: :rainbow1:

Will just have to use rainbow smileys then to get peoples attention focused on key scriptures..

in the air does not mean "off the earth".

Please show me where you get the idea we are removed from the earth.

FFH

Veteran Member
LOL. I'll have to continue tomorrow...

You do mean a heavenly place that is located somewhere not on this earth correct?
Yes

The earth is hung on nothing in space, how is heaven or any other place any different ???

Job 26: 7
He stretcheth out the north over the empty place, and :rainbow1: hangeth the earth upon nothing :rainbow1: