• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Rapture a Glorious Event

FFH

Veteran Member
If you're using McConkie's "Mormon Doctrine" as the basis for your beliefs, you're in more trouble than I thought.
So basically you believe we'll be resurrected, but remain on earth, at the time of Christ's second coming..

I usually have to guess what people believe about this because I can never seem to get an answer when I pose this event described in scripture..

LDS members remain very silent on this issue, for some reason, and I can never seem to get any feed back as to what their thinking...

In all my years of teaching in various callings, I've also remained silent on this issue, just presented the "caught up" scriptures, maybe once ir twice, but really did not press the issue.

Nutshell said:
The First Res. is NOT the Rapture. Believers are not going to suddenly dissappear as Fundie. Christians teach.
So how is it then that we meet the Lord "in the air" at his coming if we are not "Caught up" "into the clouds," when Christ appears "in the clouds," at his first appearing ???

I can back my position up with scripture, can you ???

Nutshell said:
You're corrected because the LDS posters on this forum want to give accurate information to those who may be interested.
Niether you, nor any other LDS poster has given any info on this matter, other than to say we will not disappear suddenly at Christ's coming, as the scriptures teach.

So you interprete the "changed in the twinkling of an eye" as being changed (resurrected) but not taken off the earth...

So what about the "meet him in the air" part...

You can't adhere to one scripture and dismiss/discard another...

This earth is on a collision course of destruction with the elements because of our damaged and constantly thinning and widening gaps in the ozone layer, throughout the earth, and either we'll be taken off this earth or the Lord will repair the damage before things/life on this planet as we know it starts to break down, in order to avoid sure distructions and disasters.

Crazy weather patterns have already begun to manifest themselves with floods, hurricanes, tornados, etc. and earthquakes cause by the greater pressures of the ocean floor due to the melting ice caps..

The changes are subtle, but noticeable to those obverving,

Go ahead and label me a fanatic, it really doesn't matter at all to me...

The ozone layer is like a wound that only opens up wider and never heals by closing up again...

The earth will become hotter and hotter with each year...

We will be able to feel a difference for sure, even as we do now.

I remember when a sunburn would take a full day to happen, now it takes just a few hours or even less than an hour for many people sensitive to the sun..

The sun is actually burning brighter than it did 10 years ago if you compare the photos of it ten years ago, in addition to the ozone layer opening up and thinning.

This spells disaster in just a very short time from now, but not yet, Christ will appear in the clouds first, before this happens.

Revelation 16: 9
And men were scorched with great heat, and blashpemed the name of God, which hath power over these plagues: and they repented not to give him glory.

So are you and other LDS members who think as you do be around when this happens ???

No one will be on earth at this point, including the wicked, those who were not Christ's at his coming, but were "cast alive into the lake of fire," to suffer for their own sins for a thousand years, while Christ reigns on earth, but they will also be resurrected and redeemed from hell at the end of the millenium, this is the morning and afternoon of the second resurrection, for those worthy of the Telestial world and those who will be cast into Outer Darkness, respectively...

Those who will be part of the morning and afternoon of the first resurrection are those who will inherite the Celestial and Terrestrial worlds, respectively, and those of whom will reign with Christ on earth a thousand years and whos bodies will be changed in a "twinkling of an eye" to meet the Lord in the air at his second and third coming, and will later descend out of heaven with Christ to inherit the earth...

2 Peter 3: 10, 12
But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

So do you plan on being on earth when this happens, maybe hangin out in Missouri ???

Nonsense..

Fundamental Christians got it right on this one. I've studied this thoroughly and there are other LDS members who also prescribe to this scenario, clearly written out and described in scripture, but scattered throughout scripture, so the full picture needs to be understood by reading ALL scriptures concerning this event, NOT JUST ONE OR TWO...

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
Excuse me we are talking on lightening across the clouds from east to west, and you choose to not be our friend....
The tribulation is due and knew that at birth, as use to dream about it, yet didn't understand until reading the Bible later....
In between then God gave me the design for a perpetual motion fluidic generator, which has been taken to top engineers....who have said it will need a prototype £$£$£...yet to do that in a world full of money greedy Mammon worshippers is futile....
I don't want money, i want community and oneness like it is in heaven....yet to do this first we need to fix the books....
Yeshua said the humble shall inherit the earth...quit trying to run off and fix it!....if you want peace you have to work at it, as Jeremiah correctly said... a fake prophet will say you shall have peace, when it takes work.

may

Could be Gabriel as me love music and playing the harp though i haven't in this life time.....that’s a good estimate, yet also them names are just fabricated and my name being the new name of Christ is quite obvious....
Revelations chapter 10 did 2 years before reading about it...
Yeshua is in heaven from my last knowledge and if all else fails, then final is the angels will forcible remove Christians....as they are 99% anti-Christ if following Pharisee also.
And I saw another strong angel descending from heaven, arrayed with a cloud, and a rainbow was upon his head, and his face was as the sun, and his feet were as fiery pillars."—Revelation 10:1.
Who is this "strong angel"? It is evidently the glorified Jesus Christ in yet another role , Yes Jesus plays a very big part in Jehovahs purpose

wizanda

Premium Member
And I saw another strong angel descending from heaven, arrayed with a cloud, and a rainbow was upon his head, and his face was as the sun, and his feet were as fiery pillars."—Revelation 10:1.
Who is this "strong angel"? It is evidently the glorified jesus Christ in yet another role , Yes jesus plays a very big part in Jehovahs purpose
Zec 4:12
(12) And I answered again, and said unto him, What be these two olive branches which through the two Shimmering (golden) tsantârâh (pipes) empty the golden oil out of themselves?

Rev 3:12
(12) Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God (Zan + many), and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem (Zian), which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name (Sananda).:angel2:

FFH

Veteran Member
Jesus Christ is the angel portrayed in Revelation 10

Revelation 10

Matthew 24: 27
For as the Lightneing cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

Matthew 24:27
For as the light of the morning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west, and covereth the whole earth; so shall also the coming of the Son of Man be.

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
It seems like we are confusing the second coming with the glorious appearing. We can predict the second coming because it happens at the end of the tribulation period and exactly 3 1/2 years after the 7 year peace treaty with Israel. No one knows the hour of the Glorious appearing because Jesus comes like a thief in the night.

Are we forgetting the 21 judgements that the earth will endure during this seven years?

It seems like alot of things would have to happen all at once if you do not subscribe to the pre trib theory. All the resurrection and judgements, the marriage, Satan bound, too much has to happen and it will take some time.

wizanda

Premium Member
If a day is ten years the peace treaty is between Babylon the great and Israel started 1918 with the raids.....after this needs our research, don't yet fully understand it........

FFH

Veteran Member
Rick said:
It seems like we are confusing the second coming with the glorious appearing.
A possible scenario...

Second coming/rapture/glorious appearing/Christ appears in the clouds and we meet him "in the air/clouds" = (Morning of the first resurrection)

Third Coming/Second Rapture =(Afternoon of the first resurrection)

Fourth Coming of Christ = (Those who have been a part of the first resurrection will descend with Christ, from the heavens and establish the New Jerusalem on the American continent...

Possibly there will be many living outside the New Jerusalem walls, yet the continents will be one again and the earth will have been cleansed by fire and renewed..

New earth and a new heavens created...

Those who were not Christ's at his coming (were not part of the fiest resurrection) will be taken off the earth and will have to wait a thousand years to reunite with their bodies in either the morning or the afternoon of the second resurrection.

These are they who will spend a 1000 years in hell with Satan and his angels, but will be redeemed from hell at the end of the 1000 year reign of Christ on earth...

Satan and his angels will remain in hell for eternity...

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
These are they who will spend a 1000 years in hell with Satan and his angels, but will be redeemed from hell at the end of the 1000 year reign of CHrist on earth...

How does that correspond to Satan being bound for a thousand years?

FFH

Veteran Member
Rev Rick said:
We can predict the second coming because it happens at the end of the tribulation period and exactly 3 1/2 years after the 7 year peace treaty with Israel. No one knows the hour of the Glorious appearing because Jesus comes like a thief in the night.
We are in that final seven year period, I believe, and one year of it is complete..

August 2006 through September 2013 (tribulation period)

Christ returns (first rapture/morning of the first resurrection) sometime midway between this final 7 year period, but many will be left behind (see parable of the Ten Virgins), but will be a part of the second rapture (afternoon of the first resurrection) before the earth and the remnant of it's inhabitants are destroyed...

We then descend onto the newly formed earth with Christ with the New Jerusalem built by God/Christ.

FFH

Veteran Member
How does that correspond to Satan being bound for a thousand years?
I didn't mean to say Satan and his angels will be redeemed from hell, but all others will, at the end of this 1000 year period...to inherit either the Telestial kingdom (lowest kingdom) or be cast into Outer Darkness...

Satan and his angels will remain in hell for eternity..

At the end of the 1000 year period, though, Satan is "loosed (from hell) for a little season".

FFH

Veteran Member
Are we forgetting the 21 judgements that the earth will endure during this seven years?
No, why don't you list them for us and we can see if any of them seem to have already happened...

Let's just say that one year of the final 7 years has already happened and there are 21 judgements. Divide by 7 and you get 3 judgements a year...

Have we already experienced 3 of these 21 judgements ???

It seems like alot of things would have to happen all at once if you do not subscribe to the pre trib theory.
A lot has already happened, we are in that final tribulation period, I believe...
All the resurrection and judgements, the marriage, Satan bound, too much has to happen and it will take some time.
This will all take place shortly.

Matthew 24: 22
And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect’s sake those days shall be shortened.

Mark 13: 20
And except that the Lord had shortened those days, no flesh should be saved: but for the elect’s sake, whom he hath chosen, he hath shortened the days.

JS-M 1: 20
And except those days should be shortened, there should none of their flesh be saved; but for the elect’s sake, according to the covenant, those days shall be shortened.

Things will and are happening quickly...

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
1st trumpet: hail, fire, blood. Rev. 8:7
2nd trumpet: burning mountain. Rev. 8:8-9
3rd trumpet: Star Wormwood. Rev. 8:10-11
4th trumpet: Sun-Moon-Stars Smitten. Rev. 8:12
5th trumpet (first woe) plague of locusts. Rev. 9:1-12
6th trumpet (2nd woe) plague of horsemen Rev. 9:13-21
7th trumpet (3rd woe) Includes the seven personages the seven vials and the four dooms.

Between the 6 and 7 trumpets the two witnesses appear

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
First vial. Boils Rev. 16: 1-2
second vial. Blood on the sea. Rev. 16:3
third vial. Blood on the rivers. Rev. 16: 4-7
forth vial. Great heat. Rev. 16: 8-9
fifth vial. Darkness. Rev.16: 10-11
sixth vial. Euphrates dries up. Rev. 16: 12
seventh vial. Great hail. Rev. 16: 17-21

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
What comes before those fourteen might be what your looking for.

Ist seal. Conquering power
2nd seal. War and bloodshed.
3rd seal. Famine
4th seal. Pestilence death.
5th seal. Martyrs
6th seal. Physical change
7th seal. 144,000 sealed

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
The key to the book of Revelations is it's three-fold division Rev. 1:19

The things which you have seen.
The things which are.
The things which shall be hereafter.

SEVEN SEVENS (no, not the drink)

The seven churches Rev. 2:1-3:22
The seven seals Rev. 6:1-8 :5
The seven trumpets Rev. 8:7-11:19
The seven personages Rev. 12:1-13 : 18
The seven vials Rev. 15: 1-16 :21
The seven dooms Rev. 17: 1-20 :15
The seven new things Rev. 21: 1-22 :5.

Reactions: FFH

FFH

Veteran Member
Rev Rick said:
1st trumpet: hail, fire, blood. Rev. 8:7
2nd trumpet: burning mountain. Rev. 8:8-9
3rd trumpet: Star Wormwood. Rev. 8:10-11
4th trumpet: Sun-Moon-Stars Smitten. Rev. 8:12
5th trumpet (first woe) plague of locusts. Rev. 9:1-12
This has already happened...

FFH

Veteran Member
If each seal is 7 years, then the sixth seal will last until 2013 and the 7th seal will last unitl 2020...

...but If the 6th seal is the first half of the tribulation, which is happening now, and the 7th seal is the second half of the tribulation, then there isn't much time left at all.

The Bible codes tell us we are in the 6th seal time period, which started August 3, 2006...

As for the trumpets you've posted...

The 5th trumpet was the gulf war, the 4th trumpet was the Chernobyl (Wormwood) disaster, the 3rd trumpet was great air pullution, the 2nd trumpet was atomic war and Worls War 2, the 1st trumpet World War 1.

FFH

Veteran Member
Next stage of Revelation

6th trumpet
Rick said:
(2nd woe) plague of horsemen Rev. 9:13-21
Iran, Russia and Chinese military force (2 million man army) invades of Israel, after Jewish temple is built (Jews flee to Petra)

7th trumpet (seven vials)
Rick said:
(3rd woe) Includes the seven personages the seven vials and the four dooms.
Rick said:
First vial. Boils Rev. 16: 1-2
second vial. Blood on the sea. Rev. 16:3
third vial. Blood on the rivers. Rev. 16: 4-7
forth vial. Great heat. Rev. 16: 8-9
fifth vial. Darkness. Rev.16: 10-11
sixth vial. Euphrates dries up. Rev. 16: 12
seventh vial. Great hail. Rev. 16: 17-21
Rick said:
The seven dooms Rev. 17: 1-20 :15
World as we know it ends

Earth renewed and becomes a paradise (Terrestrialized)
Rick said:
The seven new things Rev. 21: 1-22 :5.