• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Rapture a Glorious Event

Bishka

Veteran Member
Note: LDS theology does not support the fundamentalist Christian Rapture view; and there is no doctrine in LDS theology that supports a "rapture" other then a scant verse in the Bible which could be interpreted several different ways. Just needed to point that out. :)

FFH

Veteran Member
Note: LDS theology does not support the fundamentalist Christian Rapture view; and there is no doctrine in LDS theology that supports a "rapture" other then a scant verse in the Bible which could be interpreted several different ways. Just needed to point that out. :)
Whatever, it's not only Biblical, but is also described in the Doctrine and Covenants

Rapture = first resurrection or the catching away of the saints

Bishka

Veteran Member
Whatever, it's not only Biblical, but is also described in the Doctrine and Covenants

Rapture = First Resurrection or the catching away of the saints

We do not teach the 'traditional view' of the Rapture.

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
I'm fascinated with the tribulation saints. To refuse the mark and accept death would be awesome! I want to be taken up when Jesus appears in the clouds, but if for some reason I am not, It will be the most exciting time on earth for me. To see the prophecy come true. The opportunity to save all these people left behind and do battle for Christ would be the most rewarding thing a Christian could ever do.

FFH

Veteran Member
We do not teach the 'traditional view' of the Rapture.
Of course not, because it's an obscure lost teaching that was restored in the Joseph Smth translation of the BIble.

First watch - Christ's ministry on earth
Second watch - Saints meet Christ in the clouds at his second coming (this being the morning of the first resurrection of the saints)
Third watch - Remnant of Christ's church meet Christ and the saints in the holy city of God, the New Jerusalem, during the afternoon of the first resurrection
Fourth watch - Christ sets up his kingdom on earth (all those worthy of at least a Terrestrial reward will live on earth during the millenium)

Upon a closer look, or a more in depth study of scrupture, especially the Joseph Smith translation, there is plenty of sound Biblical doctrine and LDS scripture to back up my claims.

FFH

Veteran Member
I'm fascinated with the tribulation saints. To refuse the mark and accept death would be awesome!
I guess you've never seen a real beheading, it's aweful... We are not talking guillatine (spelling), which is relatively painless...we are talking extremist Muslim beheadings, which if seen in their entirety are horrific. I was sick for two days after seeing this form of execution by extremist Muslims, which this scripture is referring to. It has already begun. We are in the final seven year period, it being the first half of the tribulation (the milder part) starting in the year 2006, with the short Hezbollah Jewish conflict....

The President of Iran possibly being the final antichrist, as he has referred to himself as similar in purpose as that of Hitler. He is the final Hitler type terrorist/antichrist.

I want to be taken up when Jesus appears in the clouds, but if for some reason I am not, It will be the most exciting time on earth for me.
You don't know what you're saying. No one will want to be here during the second half of the tribulation. Men will seek death and will not find it. They will cry let the mountains and the rocks fall on us...

To see the prophecy come true. The opportunity to save all these people left behind and do battle for Christ would be the most rewarding thing a Christian could ever do.
Yes, rewarding, but not exciting...

It will truly be the worst time in the history of Christian persecutions...

Remember Peter was crucified upside down and many other followers of Christ were boiled or burned alive.

Let's hope we are worthy to escape the wrath of God on earth...

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
First let me say that I have never met a LDS person that I had a bad opinion of. You all walk the walk and talk the talk. I have always been impressed with that.

I do not rule out the possibility of more profits and I am certainly not going to judge Joseph Smith. I will say one thing respectfully, any latter day saints would enhance the teachings of Christ and explain things further, not contradict the teachings of Christ, right?

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
First let me say that I have never met a LDS person that I had a bad opinion of. You all walk the walk and talk the talk. I have always been impressed with that.

I do not rule out the possibility of more profits and I am certainly not going to judge Joseph Smith. I will say one thing respectfully, any latter day saints would enhance the teachings of Christ and explain things further, not contradict the teachings of Christ, right?
Hi, Rick. Just my own personal observation here: Please take note of Becky's post #2 before you accept anything that is said on this thread as official LDS doctrine.

FFH

Veteran Member

Right, most Christians have just not read Daniel, Revelation and Mathew 24 with an open heart and mind to the Spirit of God, which teaches a man all truth concerning that which has come to pass, that which is, and that which is to come.

People just plain do not read their scriptures with the Spirit's help...

Also there are a many lost scriptures which Joseph Smith has restored, concerning the morning of the first resurrection/catching away/first rapture...

There is an afternoon of the first resurrection/second rapture, prior to Christ setting up his kingdom on the earth, which is taught in LDS theology, but most just simply choose to glaze over that teaching...

The rapture and even a second rapture is in LDS theology, it just needs to be searched out more thouroughly...it being one of the most obscure and lost teachings...

Darkness

Psychoanalyst/Marxist
The President of Iran possibly being the final antichrist, as he has referred to himself as similar in purpose as that of Hitler. He is the final Hitler type terrorist/antichrist.

Why is it that Christians always believe the "End of Days" will be in their time? For two thousand year the "End of Days" has always just been around the corner, yet it hasn't happened so far. No offense, but to say that President Ahmadinejad is the Anti-Christ is laughable. Iran is not going anywhere, especially not to the extent of global domination.

I'm fascinated with the tribulation saints. To refuse the mark and accept death would be awesome! I want to be taken up when Jesus appears in the clouds, but if for some reason I am not, It will be the most exciting time on earth for me. To see the prophecy come true. The opportunity to save all these people left behind and do battle for Christ would be the most rewarding thing a Christian could ever do.

I will see you on the plains of battle. I will try not to kill you if I see you. ;)

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
The rapture and even a second rapture is in LDS theology, it just needs to be searched out more thouroughly...it being one of the most obscure and lost teachings...
Yes, it's so obscure that the General Authorities haven't gotten around to finding it yet. Go to www.lds.org and search for "Rapture." Do you know how many references to this topic you will find in all of the content of the Church's official website? Zero! Yes, there are a few instances of the word being used as in the familiar LDS hymn ("and what rapture filled his bosom for he saw that living God"), but not a single mention of the word "Rapture" as you have used it.

FFH

Veteran Member
Hi, Rick. Just my own personal observation here: Please take note of Becky's post #2 before you accept anything that is said on this thread as official LDS doctrine.
Whatever, the church only teaches basics, nothing more...

Don't get hung up on the term rapture, it's just a term to describe the morning of the first resurrection.

We are encouraged to search out the scriptures for ourselves..

Why is it then that we have such a glorious picture of Jesus Christ in the clouds?

We will meet the Lord in the air, not on earth, as many would suppose...

Why would the scripture claim that we will meet the Lord in the air if we are going right back down to earth again. Does that not seem odd and at odds with most peoples thinking on this?

Upon further reading of scripture we see that we return to earth WITH Christ when he sets up his kingdom on the earth, after the morning (first rapture) and afternoon )second rapture) of the first resurrection.

I can hear you all crying "Heretic" off with his head...

I am not off on this and I can prove it, just have not had enough time to do it until now...

I will prove this is sound doctrine in the weeks to come as I dig up the Joseph Smth translations and other LDS scripture supporting this and especially Bruce R. McConkie's Mormon Doctrine*.

*See this link

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Don't get hung up on the term rapture, it's just a term to describe the morning of the first resurrection.
Well, you seem to be hung up on it, FFH. I totally believe what the scriptures and modern prophets have taught about the morning of the first resurrection. What you are doing is using a Protestant term to describe LDS doctrine. Since our leaders don't and never have used that word, when Protestants hear you use it, they will automatically assume that you are using it as they would. Why don't you just stick to the term the Church uses if you want to discuss Church doctrine. It's much the same thing as using "Eucharist" or "Communion" to describe the "Sacrament." "Eucharist" and "Communion" are not terms used by our Church. Granted, there are similarities, but because of the differences, if you were to speak of having received Communion last Sunday, it would immediately make me wonder if you'd converted to Catholicism. The doctrine of "the Rapture" may have elements in common with our beliefs, but it is not a term we use because our belief is not the same as the Protestant belief. That's all I'm saying.

FFH

Veteran Member
Why is it that Christians always believe the "End of Days" will be in their time? For two thousand year the "End of Days" has always just been around the corner, yet it hasn't happened so far. No offense, but to say that President Ahmadinejad is the Anti-Christ is laughable. Iran is not going anywhere, especially not to the extent of global domination.
Prophecy is subtle and hardly noticeable, that's why it seems laughable to those who have not studied the entire events surrounding the end times..

Revelation is revealed in subtle, yet noticeable events.

The prophecies of Revelation have been occuring almost unnoticably and will continue until the end, almost unnoticed by most..

Many of the events of Revelation and the other scritpures have been fulfilled and many are yet to come..

We are seeing Revelation fulfilled right before us and most are dismissing it as just another day in the life of this earth's existence.

Nothing in this life is random or chaotic, but it has all been designed to bring about salvation to as many of God's children as possible.

I will see you on the plains of battle. I will try not to kill you if I see you. ;)
We won't be there", but will be in the heavens with Christ...

Come join us..

"This battle occurs between a remnant of Christ's left on earth (that being the Jews and other Chirstian who were not Christ's at his first coming) and the world.

FFH

Veteran Member
Katz said:
Why don't you just stick to the term the Church uses if you want to discuss Church doctrine
I would use the term first resurrection if teaching an Elders quorum, however this is a religious forum and I need to use that term in order to gain common ground with those whom I am speaking with...

If I used any other term it would only confuse the matter...

I have repeatedly posted as follows first resurrection/catching away/rapture so as to be on the same page with all who read my understanding concerning this.

I apologies if I come across as an Evnagelical LDS. I am a mainstream LDS member, who has never attended any other Evangelical services, but an familiar with what the Bible and LDS scriptures teach and it absolutely does not conflict in any way with the views of an Evangelical rapture...

One of our most common ground beliefs that we should share, but refuse to...

second_coming.jpg

Your's and Becky's reaction is not at all uncommon and the norm.

Just hear me out on this one. It will take some time to explain how I came to this conclusion and it is one of the most obscur teachings, which must be searched and pondered while reading all scriptures concerning this, including the missing Joseph Smith translation scriptures.

Christ is basically waiting for us to keep the commandments before he comes, this was another reason he set a rainbow in the sky to remind us of the fact that he will not return until we keep his commandments...

From the time of Noah we have not fully kept his commandments.

we are almost there I think though...

Everyday I watch as they construct a new temple just up the street from me on about 3700 West and 11400 South (Daybreak Temple) as I go to work and I cannot help but think of the Nauvoo temple in which they constructed and it was in operation only 3 weeks before they had to leave and then it was destroyed a few years later.

I can't help but think that all these temples will be completed and in operation only a short time until Christ comes, when we will be taken off this earth and the world will destroy these sacred buildings...

The thought enters my mind almost every time I see all the progress on that site.

They are still only on the grounds phase. No actual construction has started and they say it will take around 2 years to complete. I think it will be done sooner than that though.

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
If lightening travels from east to west across the clouds when we speak, are you missing something?
Like not fighting us with E-sword when i defend Christ against you....or did you think Christianity is supposed to be following Christ?.....
Tares in the fields are to be removed, is that the bit you refer to as the rapture...
Humble shall inherit the earth....

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
Use to like the crystal Lewis track, when use to work in my Auntie-Christine’s Christian books shop....then read the Bible and "came out of it" a.s.a.p....
Now just watching it live, she makes me sick.....can see the bones within and it hurts my soul to the core!
Vengeance will be ours so warn again "come out of it"...