• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Political post thread

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
While likely based upon real data, assumptions & calculations
would've been made. Are those cromlulent? You don't know.
For example, are they treating unrealized appreciation as
income for one, but not the other?

And don't call me "Surely".

Perhaps they were at the time they were calculated. I think it's more an estimate, since I don't think many people would have access to their true net worth. I remember hearing people say that Trump may not be as wealthy as reported. Musk has been losing money, too, so it seems to fluctuate.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Technocracy is an empty threat to the standing political order. I might make a thread about it. But think about all the times that people thought technology would reshape the world to put the technicians and the artisans in control, and think of how that has never happened. Telegram? No. Computers? No. Railroads? No. Bows and arrows? No. Fire? No. Assembly line? No.

This occurred to me while I was trying to compare CPU and GPU specs. They are mangled behind sanity. Nerds did not do this.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Well, if some was perhaps once correct,
let's treat it as factual, eh.

The overall message can be expressed in any number of ways. Allegorically, one could say that the Providers had more Quatloos than the Thralls, and their system was rigged and corrupt as well.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
There is too much identity politics in the US.

For example...when Clinton was crucified for having an affair with his intern. People demand politicians to play a role...that of the faithful husband.
Identity politics.

What I am has nothing to do with my political ideas.
You support those who would like take rights and freedom (and even lives in some cases) away from your fellow LGBT folk. In some countries they're imprisoned or executed, and you brush the victims under the rug just because you fetishize fascism. What do you actually think it would mean for you if those you simp for gained power?

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
You support those who would like take rights and freedom (and even lives in some cases) away from your fellow LGBT folk. In some countries they're imprisoned or executed, and you brush the victims under the rug just because you fetishize fascism. What do you actually think it would mean for you if those you simp for gained power?
As far as I know, LGBTs, atheists and others are persecuted and imprisoned in other countries...other than Europe. ;)

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Because of Europe's largely progressive/liberal culture that's opposed by your political heroes. They'll never reciprocate your sentiments.
In Russia there are LGBTs and they are fine.
If Russians are okay with it, good for them.

I don't want them to reciprocate my sentiments. I just want world peace. No wars.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The overall message can be expressed in any number of ways. Allegorically, one could say that the Providers had more Quatloos than the Thralls, and their system was rigged and corrupt as well.
So the important thing is the message, not its accuracy?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
In Russia there are LGBTs and they are fine.
If Russians are okay with it, good for them.

I don't want them to reciprocate my sentiments. I just want world peace. No wars.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
So the important thing is the message, not its accuracy?

They're both important, but if you're asking for pinpoint accuracy, along with charts, balance sheets, and the whole nine yards, then that may be a bit much, given the limitations of the format and medium by which the information is related.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
They're both important, but if you're asking for pinpoint accuracy, along with charts, balance sheets, and the whole nine yards, then that may be a bit much, given the limitations of the format and medium by which the information is related.
Many claims are made about taxes
paid & company profitability.
These claims are oft repeated to
reinforce beliefs.
Yet supporting evidence is lacking.
How do you really know what you
believe about taxation in USA is
accurate?

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Many claims are made about taxes
paid & company profitability.
These claims are oft repeated to
reinforce beliefs.
Yet supporting evidence is lacking.
How do you really know what you
believe about taxation in USA is
accurate?

I know that, at the very least, it's a relatively open marketplace of ideas, so if someone puts forth a bad idea or inaccurate information, there's usually someone else out there to correct it or oppose it with a better idea.

As for taxation in the USA, that's a murky subject, and I'm not sure how many people actually understand it, except for those who spend years in school studying it and then gaining years of experience in tax law. Then it becomes more a discussion not about taxes, but about lawyers.

49cf12de-e52f-44e7-91a1-9b367c1f7233_text.gif

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I know that, at the very least, it's a relatively open marketplace of ideas, so if someone puts forth a bad idea or inaccurate information, there's usually someone else out there to correct it or oppose it with a better idea.
If it's on the internet then it's true, eh.