• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrscardero

Kal-El's Mama
It was really hot at work today and our AC was not working properly.
I had a fan blowing air towards me and it didn't help.
Tomorrow, Tuesday will be another hot one with bad AC.

That is all.

mrscardero

Kal-El's Mama
I just came back from the post office.
IT'S HOT!!!

New Jersey had 75,000 people without electricity yesterday.
What about today?

That is all.

mrscardero

Kal-El's Mama
I is bored and watching my toenails grow.

Phil1.jpg

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
This librarian is one of the loudest people I've ever heard. When someone goes up to her desk she's like, "HI!!!!! WHAT CAN i DO FOR YOU??!!??!!! OH I THINK WE HAVE THAT BOOK ON HOLD!!!!!!!!...."

What insane, misanthropic high school guidance councelor suggested she become a librarian?

Now she's singing. God help us all.

Comet

Harvey Wallbanger
I'll call your rejection, and throw in a Disbelief

I just called both of your rejections and told them that you two don't deserve presents from Santa this year. I also threw your disbelief of this post out my window. :p

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
I was not being mean, I am from another counrty and I have no idea how much the 'nickle ' is worth.
A nickel is a 5-cent coin. :D

Canadian/US coinage:
- 1 cent: penny
- 5 cents: nickel
- 10 cents: dime
- 25 cents: quarter
- 50 cents: half-dollar (rare, not in everyday use)

Beyond that, everything in the US is bills (except for silver dollar coins, which aren't in everyday use either). Canadians need at least a pound of change in their pockets to feel normal, so they have a couple more:

- 1 dollar: loonie, named for the figure of a loon on the reverse of the coin
- 2 dollars: toonie, i.e. twice a loonie... the name won out over ones like "the bear" (it has a polar bear on the reverse) and "moonie" (referring to the fact that the coin has the Queen on the front with a bear behind :D)

Status
Not open for further replies.