• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
I'm doing just fine losing weight and I don't usually have cravings at all...except for the natural ones women usually get at certain times ;) I think I've got a pretty good and healthy system down for weight loss actually. I shed just a few more ounces and I can officially say I've lost 50lbs. I've gone from a size 18 to a size 12 and intend to lose 25 to 30 more lbs. A size 8 to 10 would be great.

That is so totally awesome! Is it cheesy to say that I'm proud of you?

Me Myself

Back to my username
Cute! :D

Well, when you're trying to stick to roughly 1500 calories a day I figure a 100 calorie yogurt is the better bet than the 540 calorie milk shake. ;)

completely, gotta find a balance between having a back bone and not suffer from it:D

Draka

Wonder Woman
That is so totally awesome! Is it cheesy to say that I'm proud of you?

Mmmmm....cheese...:cheese:

Thank you. I'm actually getting quite proud of myself. I honestly can't believe I let myself get that size for so long (not that that size is so bad for others mind you, I've just always been a certain size and in a certain shape and I lost that). I know that I couldn't help putting on the weight that much as I gained it all during two complicated pregnancies (one which hospitalized me then landed me on bedrest for a while), but I was just lazy in getting my butt up to lose it. The last straw was watching a video I took of Turk and I exchanging handfasting vows. When I really saw myself from a spectator's POV that was enough to kick start my diet and exercise regimen. I'm already fitting into some of the clothes I wore before gaining the weight and hopefully won't be too much longer for the old jeans. I'd like to shoot for smaller and fitter than before though. Just because. ;)

Last edited:

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
The skin on my feet is so dry it looks nasty.

Me too, actually. I have these pads that have this acid in it that helps. I'm too lazy to actually give myself a REAL pedicure and file my feet, because I absolutely HATE dead feet skin cells (ugh) when I file. And I don't have any good skin sloughing stuff...

Sometimes, I just goop on the lotion and throw on socks and pretend that I did something nice for my feet. They really aren't much softer in the morning but I sleep better at night feeling like I did something for myself, even if it was half arsed. :D

Kerr

I wash my hands so much they sometimes randomly starts to bleed. Thankfully I have a thing I can use to make then less dry.

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
I wash my hands so much they sometimes randomly starts to bleed. Thankfully I have a thing I can use to make then less dry.

That's not good. I always use lotion on my hands. My feet...I ignore because I don't like feet very much. My hands...I use lots of lotion all the time.

Renji

The skin on my feet is so dry it looks nasty.

If it's calloused try using pumice stone on it. You can actually see those dirt and dead skin cells wear off when you rub that stone. Then use moisturizing lotion and avoid wearing shoes that is too tight or causes much friction on the skin of your feet.

Kerr

That's not good. I always use lotion on my hands. My feet...I ignore because I don't like feet very much. My hands...I use lots of lotion all the time.
Lol, yeah, I think it is a lotion I use (not sure about the name in English). I just have some OCD-like tendencies when it comes to washing my hands :p.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
That just made me think. I really messed up the skin on my hands a while back: I was using concentrated acetone (yes, the stuff in nail polish remover, but WAY stronger) to do some heavy-duty cleaining on some engine parts when I was doing a car repair. The acetone actually ate through my gloves and got onto the skin on the back of my hands and my knuckles.

For years afterward, my knuckles would bleed if the skin got even a little dry, but I just realized that I got through this winter without it happening at all! I think I'm healed! :D

Rakhel

Me too, actually. I have these pads that have this acid in it that helps. I'm too lazy to actually give myself a REAL pedicure and file my feet, because I absolutely HATE dead feet skin cells (ugh) when I file. And I don't have any good skin sloughing stuff...

Sometimes, I just goop on the lotion and throw on socks and pretend that I did something nice for my feet. They really aren't much softer in the morning but I sleep better at night feeling like I did something for myself, even if it was half arsed. :D
yeah I ignore my feet, until they leave me no choice. My feet are whiter than I am:D

My hands get more lotion than my feet do.

If it's calloused try using pumice stone on it. You can actually see those dirt and dead skin cells wear off when you rub that stone. Then use moisturizing lotion and avoid wearing shoes that is too tight or causes much friction on the skin of your feet.
I have this thing that looks like a cheese grater(sorry Draka)That I use when I can find it, that I use to get the dead skin off my heels and the underside of my big toe, but it is the top of my feet and toes that are dry. I'd use lotion and cover them up at night like Dawn suggested but I have issues with sleeping in socks. And I always wear shoes that aren't tight. I get ingrown nails too easily

Lol, yeah, I think it is a lotion I use (not sure about the name in English). I just have some OCD-like tendencies when it comes to washing my hands :p.
I use lotion. My kids call it magic lotion, because my hands get softer after using it. I am thinking about using olive oil(something I've heard recently) :shrug:I don't know

BeckyRose1998

PICKLES THE KID
My weekend was amazing.:) I went to Toys R Us with my friend, Charm, and she got a Ben 10 car!! YES! New Adventure is For Small People!! :D (Go on Youtube and search Osmosian, and find her upload for Adventure is for Small People 1-6 :) )
Only 3 more months of school.):
OMG! I almost forgot, I'm getting an award and $50! Its all for my grades. In the beginning of the year, I had a D in math. SO I wanted to go back to the basic class but my vp and math teacher told me to keep trying, so I did and now my grade is an A! My PE teacher nominated me for the award and the rest of the 8th grade team agreed.:)

Rakhel

Becky, should you ever come to New York, you need to see that Toys R Us at Times square. It is amazing. I truly felt like a kid again

BeckyRose1998

PICKLES THE KID
Becky, should you ever come to New York, you need to see that Toys R Us at Times square. It is amazing. I truly felt like a kid again
Charm told me about that Toys R Us! She was there on a field trip! She said it was amazing and that there was a whole wall of Ben 10 stuff.;)

Kerr

I play this online game, and everytime someone laggs everyone starts to rage and insult that person... I dont get it, is it so hard to understand that people lagg? I mean, anyone who has even a slight idea of how the internet works should realize that is bound to happen sometime. The odd part is that I have very bad patience and I act more sane and patient then them... People dont make much sense, lol.

Kerr

That just made me think. I really messed up the skin on my hands a while back: I was using concentrated acetone (yes, the stuff in nail polish remover, but WAY stronger) to do some heavy-duty cleaining on some engine parts when I was doing a car repair. The acetone actually ate through my gloves and got onto the skin on the back of my hands and my knuckles.

For years afterward, my knuckles would bleed if the skin got even a little dry, but I just realized that I got through this winter without it happening at all! I think I'm healed! :D
Awesome :D!!!

BeckyRose1998

PICKLES THE KID
My brother is watching Kidsongs and I'm putting the lyrics on this chat between me, my best friend and her boyfriend and her boyfriend is getting confused! ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.