• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
Do you remember Koosh Balls?

I've got one.
Mine is blue, yellow and pink.
It looks a lot like this one
only blue instead of orange:
51KJS8KPGSL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
Does "blonde" have and "e" on the end of it? Or is it "blond?" I always write "blonde" but I'm starting to get a suspicion that I've been misinformed about this issue for my entire life. Have I been spelling it wrong this whole time? And out of every story I wrote and every mention of blonde hair on a website or in a written note... No one corrected me?!? Can this be? Is it "blonde" or "blond?" Oh my... "blonde" just looks so much better to me, but perhaps it's because I've been living a lie. Please help me to put this matter to rest. Help me find the truth.

Does "blonde" have and "e" on the end of it? Or is it "blond?" I always write "blonde" but I'm starting to get a suspicion that I've been misinformed about this issue for my entire life. Have I been spelling it wrong this whole time? And out of every story I wrote and every mention of blonde hair on a website or in a written note... No one corrected me?!? Can this be? Is it "blonde" or "blond?" Oh my... "blonde" just looks so much better to me, but perhaps it's because I've been living a lie. Please help me to put this matter to rest. Help me find the truth.

Definitely 100% Blond, how do I know, because I'm a Blond, B-L-O-N-D

YouTube - Cause I'm a Blond

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Definitely 100% Blond, how do I know, because I'm a Blond, B-L-O-N-D

YouTube - Cause I'm a Blond
I always it was a male/female thing, like in French: guys are blond, girls are blonde... no?

Random meaningless announcement: while I was away, my house was occupied by mouse squatters. And I've found that I'm less sympathetic about killing them now.

They don't want to go into the live trap? Meh - then let the dead traps get them. I just want to be mouse-free.

I always it was a male/female thing, like in French: guys are blond, girls are blonde... no?

Random meaningless announcement: while I was away, my house was occupied by mouse squatters. And I've found that I'm less sympathetic about killing them now.

They don't want to go into the live trap? Meh - then let the dead traps get them. I just want to be mouse-free.

My sister bought a house that was house infested, she tried humane traps, no use, then proper traps, just gross and practically useless, poison, smelly and useless, eventually my dad went into the attic where the mice were centralised and used wood preserver and killed them all. She is still mouse free 2 years later. Random mouse based carnage advice.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
My sister bought a house that was house infested, she tried humane traps, no use, then proper traps, just gross and practically useless, poison, smelly and useless, eventually my dad went into the attic where the mice were centralised and used wood preserver and killed them all. She is still mouse free 2 years later. Random mouse based carnage advice.
Standard mouse traps have worked well for us as long as we use the right bait (BTW: the two top ones that I've found: peanut butter on wrap bread and bits of bacon), though they only catch one mouse at a time. We've got a live-release trap as well that's worked in the past (one day last winter we found five in it at once), but for some reason this batch of mice don't want to go into it.

Standard mouse traps have worked well for us as long as we use the right bait (BTW: the two top ones that I've found: peanut butter on wrap bread and bits of bacon), though they only catch one mouse at a time. We've got a live-release trap as well that's worked in the past (one day last winter we found five in it at once), but for some reason this batch of mice don't want to go into it.

My sister still can't eat peanut butter :biglaugh: Her house was absolutely infested when they moved in, you could hear them walking around and in the summer she was catching upto 10 mice a day in the traps and still not make a dent in the numbers, she is pretty sure it was baby mice that got caught in the traps.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
My sister still can't eat peanut butter :biglaugh: Her house was absolutely infested when they moved in, you could hear them walking around and in the summer she was catching upto 10 mice a day in the traps and still not make a dent in the numbers, she is pretty sure it was baby mice that got caught in the traps.
Yeah... the five we caught were all babies, and we caught them after we got what we presume was the mother a couple of days before (in a kill trap, unfortunately).

We're getting the big mice, and we've had a couple of stints in the past where we got rid of mouse infestations (living close to a conservation area, they tend to wander over and try to sneak in occasionally).

I'm lucky, though: when my uncle moved into his house, he had a horrible raccoon problem. They were all through his attic and the previous owners hadn't done anything to get them out; apparently the wife liked hearing "the pitter-patter of little feet". :facepalm:

I am accustomed to my blueberries being occasionally quite green, but these ones are pale yellow , what's up with that ?

cardero

Citizen Mod
So the girl at the GameStop store gave mrscardero a brand new Beatles Rock Band t-shirt to give to me (I admired the shirts when I was in the store). These shirts were sent to the store and were not sold for retail but were meant to be wore by the employees to promote the Rock Band Beatles game. I wake up and mrscardero's wearing my shirt (she said it was cold). Now it has mrscardero germs all over it.

Last edited:

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
So the girl at the GameStop store gave mrscardero a brand new Beatles Rock Band t-shirt to give to men (I admired them when I was in the store). These shirts were sent to the store and were not sold for retail but were meant to be wore by the employees to promote the Rock Band Beatles game. I wake up and mrscardero's wearing my shirt (she said it was cold). Now it has mrscardero germs all over it.

EWWWWWWWW!! You might have to burn it.

Status
Not open for further replies.